ppl need to start evaluating Ben Simmons the same way they do Rudy Gobert

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: Not sure about that...so much of the nba is perimeter based now:patrice: I think I would prefer a person who can make it hard for guards on the perimeter than a big who can protect the rim. Also Gobert is not very good at switching which is one thing Ben is exceptionally good at...

Gobert covers shytty perimeter defense when they get into the lane. An elite defensive center is always gonna be more valuable than any other elite defensive position in basketball. There's a reason why more centers have won defensive player of the year awards than any other position.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
the difference between ben and gobert is that simmons will have games where he does what hes supposed to do; he has the most inconsistent offensive game on the team (probably in the league) and as a result of that its hard to rely on him in the way the sixers need

just earlier this year he hung forty off drives in the fullcourt, banging in the paint, opening up opportunities with his vision, and still have the defense that folk bring up all the time when discussing his contribution; hes had these breakout games mad times before even without the j

its why that shyt is so frustrating to watch because he clearly is capable of putting up numbers, its just a mentality thing with him where he goes into games choosing whether to play that way or not and more often than not when it really matters he just falls back on his defense

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I think it’s a chance Morey moves him if he can get an elite scorer like Dame. But unless that happens he’s staying…:yeshrug:
I do still believe Morey would like to move him if any feasible option existed. I could even see him moving him for a bevy of good players/contracts + picks and then moving that

I just don't think he sees this team as being anywhere near its ceiling

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
someone was saying Simmons ain't did shyt all series against the hawks
and I had to remind him the whole series shifted the moment they put him on trae young
incessantly bytching about Simmons offense is starting to make dudes look like casuals :scust:
he's not an offensively aggressive player and probably NEVER will be. GET.OVER.IT
If that means you don't like Simmons, ok, who gives a fukk. Everybody ain't going be in people's top 5, top 10 or whatever
It's clear as day what Simmons strengths and impact on a game is, so to see people obsess over something that's obviously not even a focus of his is just :comeon:
"Starting to" :mjgrin:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Gobert covers shytty perimeter defense when they get into the lane.
Eh, I think they've figure out how to make that happen now, but this exact issue occurred twice when Houston (Harden) was kicking their perimeter defenders ass in the playoffs. Drew Gobert out, Capela had 60% from the field and they shot 37% from 3

them getting fried on the perimeter again in the past couple Clippers games has brought back this discussion. Dudes are getting cooked and there's really nothing he can do to help. Their "5" has also been a +4 and +11 in those games with 30 points over that stretch while Gobert has been a negative twice. I'm not disagreeing with your entire posts, but Gobert hasn't covered up that issue in every postseason series loss they've had

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Casuals only have one metric they value and that's the almighty raw "PPG" there is no other part of evaluation that more succulently diagrams impact in a casuals mind like points per game ... It's what they see the hot take shows focus on it's what they run up on their NBA 2k franchise modes ..etc etc.. it's truly the holy grail to the casual basketball mind which is why any conversation that goes deeper than that is met with harsh critique ...they simply don't have the capacity to go further...the quicker you realize that you're talking to a casual the better off you'll be during those interactions :hubie:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Still have yet to address my point

How do u stop a point guard from making the right pass?

He scored 25 pts on 26 shots gtfoh with all that shyt y’all talkin bout
Their defensive strategy has also largely worked, they hovered around 100 points in G2 and 4, and score padded like a mfer in G3 with that being out of hand for most of the 4th. Simmons and Embiid had their series lows in minutes there.

Trae is bruised like a mfer and is shooting horribly from outside, him getting his occasional floater off and hoping their (really good) shooters can sustain an entire's game worth of splashing is a GOOD strategy

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gobert covers shytty perimeter defense when they get into the lane. An elite defensive center is always gonna be more valuable than any other elite defensive position in basketball. There's a reason why more centers have won defensive player of the year awards than any other position.
Nah

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
For the money he’s making Ben is trash.

The missing of free throws is the icing on the cake. He gets more of a pass because he’s easy on the eyes. If he looked like Beanie Sigel he wouldnt be gettin all this attention :dead:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
How u tryna downplay 25/18 and a comeback victory :dead:
nikka wat? Why y’all be quoting shyt jus lookin for arguments?

nikka tried to say he was cookin Ben and Thybulle cuz he had 25/18, he shot 26 shots to get to 25 and that’s not even including free throws

he managed the game well in terms of playmaking but stop tryna act like he was giving them buckets

Y’all corny as shyt

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I can accept the Goberts, Capelas, etc. not knowing how to shoot because they’re there to catch lobs, get offensive boards, and get putbacks. But players like Simmons who want to be perimeter players, how can they not see what’s going on in the league and not be even a decent shooter? :mindblown: What were they practicing growing up?

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps

nikka tried to say he was cookin Ben and Thybulle cuz he had 25/18, he shot 26 shots to get to 25 and that’s not even including free throws

he managed the game well in terms of playmaking but stop tryna act like he was giving them buckets

Y’all corny as shyt

U either

1. Had money on the sixers,
2. U just naturally have a short bad temper
3. or this a Ben Burner :dead:

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

Y’all corny as shyt
Like I said "PPG" is the holy Grail to the casual mind ... They don't have the basketball comprehension to go beyond that ... If Trae continues to shoot 8-26 30% from the field in these next two games the Hawks will be going home and you wont hear a peep from the casual crowd hyping up his points scored or how the defense impacted his ability to dominate the game for his team :yeshrug: since the the Hawks won last night it changes the dynamic of the conversation for the day ..they can ignore the inefficiency because "hey they still got a W" but the simple law of averages will always make these dudes look embarrassing in the end ...it's just the way it is