ppl need to start evaluating Ben Simmons the same way they do Rudy Gobert

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this is disrespectful to Kidd

On ball defense is overrated. These guys are too talented on offense to be locked up

Trae killed Simmons in that 4th quarter when Bogi let him touch the ball

Simmons brings the ball down the court and turns his back to the rim every play to hand it off
Ben Simmons been in the NBA 4 years, has won ROY, been in 3 All Star games, been All Defense twice, and just finished 2nd in DPOY voting. I'm not disrespecting Kidd at all as Kidd was one of my favorite players when I was a kid.

I'm just saying the biggest knock on Kidd for ages was his lack of scoring regardless of everything else he brought to the table. Simmons impact on the game is similar right now, will he ever turn into seasoned Kidd that was on Finals teams and won a ship, IDK, but time will tell.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ben Simmons been in the NBA 4 years, has won ROY, been in 3 All Star games, been All Defense twice, and just finished 2nd in DPOY voting. I'm not disrespecting Kidd at all as Kidd was one of my favorite players when I was a kid.

I'm just saying the biggest knock on Kidd for ages was his lack of scoring regardless of everything else he brought to the table. Simmons impact on the game is similar right now, will he ever turn into seasoned Kidd that was on Finals teams and won a ship, IDK, but time will tell.
Kidd impacted the offense tho

Simmons does nothing on the offense end and his defense is an overrated talking point

would you rather have Trae elite scoring ability and lack of defense?

or Simmons elite defense and lack of offensive ability?

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
:rudy: :russ::mjlol:

Sixers' Ben Simmons admits he should've been more aggressive vs. Hawks

However, in Monday’s Game 4 loss to the Atlanta Hawks, the team probably needed him to get more aggressive in terms of his scoring.

With Joel Embiid struggling as he goes through a meniscus tear in his right knee, the Sixers needed the other half of the All-Star duo to contribute more. Embiid shot 0-for-12 in the second half on Monday while Simmons only took one shot on his way to three points after halftime.

“I definitely should have been more aggressive and attack more,” said Simmons.

Sixers' Ben Simmons admits he should've been more aggressive vs. Hawks

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Gobert's defense at center >>>>>> Simmons' defense at PG

Simmons' offense at PG is a crazy liability. They are effectively playing 4v5 on offense. You can't leave Gobert down low like how defenders are leaving Simmons in the perimeter. Embiid's prime is gonna be wasted if Simmons is gonna be the second option.

:patrice: Not sure about that...so much of the nba is perimeter based now:patrice: I think I would prefer a person who can make it hard for guards on the perimeter than a big who can protect the rim. Also Gobert is not very good at switching which is one thing Ben is exceptionally good at...

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
A modern PG who is the worst shooter OAT is a liability regardless of how good his D is given his contract ($195m).

He’s being judged as a supposed elite player not a role player, otherwise he’s just Thybulle.
Yup. People overrate defense sometimes. I don't care how good your defense is: if your offense is a liability, you'll always be a bad player. Because bad offense limits your scoring, which leads to more fastbreaks, etc.

Look at Draymond Green. Look at that play-in game and how badly he whiffed on that last shot. When your that bad on offense, your defense can't save you.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
if Simmons is gonna be the second option.

Simmons is not the 2nd or even 3rd option on offense
Sixers have a whole 20 pt scorer as the 2nd option. :unimpressed:

I think I would prefer a person who can make it hard for guards on the perimeter than a big who can protect the rim. .

criticize Simmons for not being an elite perimeter scorer :hula: somehow not understand the value of being the best defender in the league of said elite perimeter scorers

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
You Bron stans are sick in the head. Laker fans were rooting for Lonzo before Bron was even a damn free agent. Life doesn't revolve around Bron, I know that's hard to accept for a stan like yourself but move around with this shyt :unimpressed:
Shut the fukk up clown :mjlol:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
why in the world would you post this right after a loss where Trae dropped 25 and 18, embiid faltered and Ben couldn't pick up the slack?

Because great players rise to the occasion. They pick up the slack when their teammates have an off night.

Ben Simmons hasn't developed since he got in the league. He's the same player. Rudy got better each year. Elite Big man defense is more valuable than Ben's perimeter defense.

I remember watching video of Ben when he was coming out of HS thinking with how smooth his game was and how fluid an athlete he was that he was going to be a star of stars. He never learned anything else. People are going to hold that against him, and they should.
Yep. Dunno if there’s a player in the league who’s development has disappointed me as much as him. Thought he’d be fighting to prove people wrong. He seems okay being the player is he.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Simmons is not the 2nd or even 3rd option on offense
Sixers have a whole 20 pt scorer as the 2nd option. :unimpressed:

criticize Simmons for not being an elite perimeter scorer :hula: somehow not understand the value of being the best defender in the league of said elite perimeter scorers

He's getting paid like a second option :yeshrug: