ppl need to start evaluating Ben Simmons the same way they do Rudy Gobert

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
This guy has not shown the will to improve at all from the perimeter. He is the same player to that came into the league while Embiid has become very dominant as a player further improving. They will continue to make the playoffs but this team may not do much damage because they will just sag off him. Did you not see his shoot around last night? He was bricking everything. Even I am not missing that many shots.
:dead:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Ben lack of shooting on offense hurts the 76ers just as much as his outstanding defense helps the 76ers...

I just don't see how you are going to win a chip when your starting point guard isn't a threat to do anything on offense but barrel to the rim and miss free throws...

Once the playoffs hit does Ben EVER pick it up when Embiid is struggling ? Doesn't seem like it...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Ben lack of shooting on offense hurts the 76ers just as much as his outstanding defense helps the 76ers...

I just don't see how you are going to win a chip when your starting point guard isn't a threat to do anything on offense but barrel to the rim and miss free throws...

Once the playoffs hit does Ben EVER pick it up when Embiid is struggling ? Doesn't seem like it...

Ironic considering there's a certain FA PG in the market that's useless on offense if his 3 pt shot isn't falling, yet The Coli still thinks of him as a superstar in the making.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
someone was saying Simmons ain't did shyt all series against the hawks
and I had to remind him the whole series shifted the moment they put him on trae young
incessantly bytching about Simmons offense is starting to make dudes look like casuals :scust:
he's not an offensively aggressive player and probably NEVER will be. GET.OVER.IT
If that means you don't like Simmons, ok, who gives a fukk. Everybody ain't going be in people's top 5, top 10 or whatever
It's clear as day what Simmons strengths and impact on a game is, so to see people obsess over something that's obviously not even a focus of his is just :comeon:
I think I agree with this, although I will say: the point guard position is arguably the most explosive and fast growing in the NBA as of late, and many of the issues Philly has faced

A substantial gap in 3 point volume and scoring, poor spacing, formerly clutch time scoring (although that issue has definitely reared its ugly head in these playoffs). I don't think it's specifically just him, Lakers coaches and FO got similar amounts of shyt a couple years back for riding Rondo out when his team already struggled in those categories and you add him to the fire. I also think some people wonder how Joel would perform in a more contemporary offense

Also: it's probably a good thing people want to hold on to some hope and not already knock a 4th year player from being a LeBron/Magic comparison to someone who provides almost zero offensive value on his own, like Gobert

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Ironic considering there's a certain FA PG in the market that's useless on offense if his 3 pt shot isn't falling, yet The Coli still thinks of him as a superstar in the making.
Cats only run with Lonzo being a future superstar being A) LWO (really Kobe stans) mad he was a part of the package to get AD for Bron to get a ring, and B) being cheerleaders for their Uncle Lavar.

But at least Lonzo attempts jumpers.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Idk what the solution is with him. The defense is built so much around his versatility, idk what that would look like without him. If you can get even a third tier point guard for him, you think that alone makes Joel, Tobias and maybe even Seth better though. Probably requires they also find another small forward, unless Matisse can finally make that big step as a positive on O

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Idk what the solution is with him. The defense is built so much around his versatility, idk what that would look like without him. If you can get even a third tier point guard for him, you think that alone makes Joel, Tobias and maybe even Seth better though. Probably requires they also find another small forward, unless Matisse can finally make that big step as a positive on O

I think it’s a chance Morey moves him if he can get an elite scorer like Dame. But unless that happens he’s staying…:yeshrug: