ppl need to start evaluating Ben Simmons the same way they do Rudy Gobert

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's a 6'8 Jason Kidd before the jumpshot.

They would have had Harden, but we know what happened. Casual fans don't value defense, so that's why he's shytted on
:yeshrug:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
:mjlol: Trae still had a double-double performance (25/18) with Simmons & Thybulle (both 2020-2021 NBA All Defensive Team players) guarding him.
Still have yet to address my point

How do u stop a point guard from making the right pass?

He scored 25 pts on 26 shots gtfoh with all that shyt y’all talkin bout

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
:mjlol: Trae still had a double-double performance (25/18) with Simmons & Thybulle (both 2020-2021 NBA All Defensive Team players) guarding him.

did you watch the game :dwillhuh:
Trae has been clearly uncomfortable since they took bum ass Danny Green off him in the second half of game 1
he had more shots than points yesterday i believe and if Milton, Embiid, or Tobias hit even one of the multiple point blank lay ups they bricked last night sixers up 3-1 and no one gives a damn about Traes inefficient 1000% usage game

Casual fans don't value defense, so that's why he's shytted on

yea it's just annoying seeing his game discussed with zero nuance

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
someone was saying Simmons ain't did shyt all series against the hawks
and I had to remind him the whole series shifted the moment they put him on trae young
incessantly bytching about Simmons offense is starting to make dudes look like casuals :scust:
he's not an offensively aggressive player and probably NEVER will be. GET.OVER.IT
If that means you don't like Simmons, ok, who gives a fukk. Everybody ain't going be in people's top 5, top 10 or whatever
It's clear as day what Simmons strengths and impact on a game is, so to see people obsess over something that's obviously not even a focus of his is just :comeon:
This thread is garbage…

fukk outta here

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Ironic considering there's a certain FA PG in the market that's useless on offense if his 3 pt shot isn't falling, yet The Coli still thinks of him as a superstar in the making.

If you talking about Lonzo, I mean the whole point of why he is a FA is that the pelicans don't think its worth it to pay him...

He is not going to get max money like Simmons is

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

They would have had Harden, but we know what happened. Casual fans don't value defense, so that's why he's shytted on

can't even say dat. Jason Kidd's jumpshot was ass but he at least could shoot freethrows decently and became even better at them.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If you talking about Lonzo, I mean the whole point of why he is a FA is that the pelicans don't think its worth it to pay him...

He is not going to get max money like Simmons is

I was more so using the comparison about how both of their offensive flaws are holding them back from becoming true superstars.

Dudes think that Lonzo can be a superstar when he has the same offensive flaws as Simmons does with the only difference being that Lonzo actually tries to shoot even if it’s too much.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Gobert's defense at center >>>>>> Simmons' defense at PG

Simmons' offense at PG is a crazy liability. They are effectively playing 4v5 on offense. You can't leave Gobert down low like how defenders are leaving Simmons in the perimeter. Embiid's prime is gonna be wasted if Simmons is gonna be the second option.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cats only run with Lonzo being a future superstar being A) LWO (really Kobe stans) mad he was a part of the package to get AD for Bron to get a ring, and B) being cheerleaders for their Uncle Lavar.

But at least Lonzo attempts jumpers.
You Bron stans are sick in the head. Laker fans were rooting for Lonzo before Bron was even a damn free agent. Life doesn't revolve around Bron, I know that's hard to accept for a stan like yourself but move around with this shyt :unimpressed:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

this is disrespectful to Kidd

On ball defense is overrated. These guys are too talented on offense to be locked up

Trae killed Simmons in that 4th quarter when Bogi let him touch the ball

Simmons brings the ball down the court and turns his back to the rim every play to hand it off