Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
And that Jason villain makes no sense. How is your Plug basically extorting you? He’s always making them do some crazy fukked up shyt. What happened to just business?

All of the antagonists on this show are retards. Why are high level Serbian and Mexican cartel leaders involving themselves with New York street crime and continuously creating weird or double crossing deals for their distributors?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
He just backed out a wad of cash like Tasha would accept the money without asking questions
nikka!! This is what I said, thats gotta be the dumbest shyt. did he think she wasnt gonna ask questions on how her son has all that money.:mindblown:

I cant even be mad at the character, because its the stupid writers who made this up, their dumbasses couldn't think of a more clever way for Tariq to give Tasha money.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of the antagonists on this show are retards. Why are high level Serbian and Mexican cartel leaders involving themselves with New York street crime and continuously creating weird or double crossing deals for their distributors?
Exactly. The heat breaking out Jiminez and killing her would bring would easily reach on to him and any elite level international gangster would not want. He was the the one who started the conspiracy for fukksake but the show made it look like tommy took all the risk and Jason had nothing to worry about.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
My notes:

-What was the point of killing off Donovan? Especially in the abrupt way they did it? I didn't care that much about him as a character, but he deserved better than that. Especially since Greg, Sandoval, and Angela's murders were such a big deal. I don't think Saxe could even be bothered to give a shyt at this point. It's just crazy how damn near the entire office has been killed and Saxe is still around stirring up bullshyt. He's an actual Nas lyric ("Everybody's under six feet of ground but you").

-I don't know whether or not I'm supposed to care about Dre at this point. I would have felt sympathy for him losing his daughter if he didn't go psycho and kill the one federal agent that was trying to keep him alive. :unimpressed:

-I feel like there's a period every season now where Ghost gets punked out and disrespected by everyone. It's not really interesting when your main character is just a punching bag that doesn't do anything. A lot of scenes with him are just really depressing.

-50 is a piece of shyt, but I did notice a few interesting things about his direction of this episode. Like when Jason was talking to Tommy, he turns around to get a drink, and when he turns back, Ghost is in Tommy's seat. Or this one scene that dissolves into a scene of Ghost sitting down. The transitions were really smooth and I don't think I've ever seen the show use tricks like that, so I have to say, he did a really good job. :ehh:

-The comedy is one of the few things this show excels at. The scenes with Tommy's crew, the scenes with Tariq's roommate. I feel like the show should have transitioned into a dramedy at some point because it would have allowed the audience to accept more of the ridiculous things that happen.

-Tariq doesn't give a fukk about Raina. He feels alone because Kanan is gone, not her. I don't think he even talked about her outside of situations where he had to ("Happy Birthday"), but here he goes being upset over a plan he helped set up, and giving a eulogy for Kanan's ashes like they were lifelong best friends. By the way, he couldn't have been more disingenuous in that scene with Ghost. At least make me believe that you have your father's back. :russ:

-Jason wanted those L.A. ports bad enough to orchestrate two separate plans to bring Alicia over to him. He has all the power and control in that scene to make Alicia give him what he wants. He could have tried torturing her, blackmailing her or something just to have her give up the information he needs. But no, let's just have Tommy go through all that so Jason could kill her without getting anything from her. And Jason pretty much admitted that he played Tommy but I don't think he cares at this point.

-Tommy rejecting Ghost's offer to kill Jason as a team actually surprised me. I thought he would have said yes once he realized what Jason did, but I think he's too wrapped up in his hatred for Ghost, he doesn't want to listen to anything he has to say. In fact, this scene probably highlights why Ghost had to tell the Italians about Teresi. Tommy either doesn't listen, or he wants to do things his way. He's never interested in just playing the part. But I guess Jason just has to keep pulling more shyt for Tommy to realize it's not worth having him as the connect.

-And the original theme song is back. Best part of the episode, hands down. :blessed: It better stay that way. :unimpressed:

Sums up my thoughts exactly

:snoop: the writing is abysmal

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
killing him, he's immediately back in custody too...cmon son, this is power timelines, that shootout and him being in court was probably 72 hours :mjlol:
More like 12.

We on Power time lines :steviej:

This episode was funny af.

And as much as I hate Tariq the dude was somewhat tolerable. They finally gave him some semblance of a human. Even if it was just brief.

Jason dude is the worst actor on the show.:mjlol:

Dudes plan a break out in 2 hours lmao

:mjlol:

The shoot out in the beginning was dope tho.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This show probably jumped the shark awhile ago, but this last episode :mindblown: A prisoner as high profile as Jimenez would be impossible to break out by some professionals, let alone two fukk ups like Tommy & Ghost. There’s no fukkin way they would’ve left her in the bathroom alone, no way they would’ve let her ride in that ambulance without at least two agents riding with her. This episode would’ve amazed Kurt Sutter with all the fukkery that transpired.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
This show probably jumped the shark awhile ago, but this last episode :mindblown: A prisoner as high profile as Jimenez would be impossible to break out by some professionals, let alone two fukk ups like Tommy & Ghost. There’s no fukkin way they would’ve left her in the bathroom alone, no way they would’ve let her ride in that ambulance without at least two agents riding with her. This episode would’ve amazed Kurt Sutter with all the fukkery that transpired.

There's also no way that nobody would notice a dude gave her the poisoned water

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
More like 12.

We on Power time lines :steviej:

This episode was funny af.

And as much as I hate Tariq the dude was somewhat tolerable. They finally gave him some semblance of a human. Even if it was just brief.

Jason dude is the worst actor on the show.:mjlol:

Dudes plan a break out in 2 hours lmao

:mjlol:

The shoot out in the beginning was dope tho.

The show is so ridiculous now, the only way it can save itself is by having lots of intense violence scenes like the one in this episode. Even though that action movie type violence is borderline nonexistent in NYC, we've already suspended our disbelief to the point where it doesn't matter anymore.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The show is so ridiculous now, the only way it can save itself is by having lots of intense violence scenes like the one in this episode. Even though that action movie type violence is borderline nonexistent in NYC, we've already suspended our disbelief to the point where it doesn't matter anymore.
It's been ridiculous. Just have to enjoy the fukkery right? Anyone still wondering why characters do what they do and the thinking behind their actions are wasting their time. Just enjoy the dumb entertaining show for what it is.