Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s because the show is in its last season and I just don’t like anyone anymore but we’re 3 episodes in and it seems like there’s no direction for the endgame. I know there is but it feels like a lot of storylines put together and no focus. I can’t see the vision

It’s not just you. There’s literally no clear path to resolving anything. They’re spinning their wheels like they got 30 episodes and 3 seasons left. Like @Kidd Dibiase said there are a laundry list of storylines that could last a whole season on their own and they’re just stuffing them into the same episode and even a tarting new ones. It’s gonna be a clusterfukk story wise even if it’s a fun ride for us who have been here from the beginning.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Same way no one in the entire courthouse saw Ghost, a suspected drug kingpin/murderer (with ties to Jimenez), in his dad-hat disguise save for Dre.

Or Tommy.

Or their mutual known-associates.

:bryan:
Ghost on his Clark Kent you can’t recognize me as Superman with these glasses on swag :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s because the show is in its last season and I just don’t like anyone anymore but we’re 3 episodes in and it seems like there’s no direction for the endgame. I know there is but it feels like a lot of storylines put together and no focus. I can’t see the vision
Subvert expectations :troll:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Finally! OG theme song is back. :blessed:

Wait. The baby screaming when no action is around, just before hitters come. Now when the bullets fly, she's completely quiet. Got blood on her face too. :picard: Maybe the little girl is the coldest of them all. :ohhh:

Damn. :mjlit: 50 is the greatest director of all time. :blessed:

And just like that 50 is the WTF director of the year. Why is this girl in the warehouse? :snoop:

35 years later and she decided NOW she needs a job? :bryan:

When your child has to tell you, "just say no". :mjlol:

This nikka complaining about a couch and he sleeps in a dorm.

Tasha took her shot. #GMB is still 100-0. :lolbron:

Side-chick, ex-chick collab? :leon:

And this was where Jason fukked up. :demonic:

White Lives Matter. :deadmanny:

Ghost about to do something dumb. :snoop:

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Said that if I've been watching the show, I would know how hard it is and that Raina/Tariq would still be 12 if she was adhering to continuity. I replied back:
I'm sure working on a show with kids is difficult because you have to deal with random ass growth spurts, but there was nothing stopping her from having the storyline span a few years as opposed to a few months.

Even if there were no kids involved in the show, the idea that all of the shyt that has happened, happened within a few months is:dwillhuh:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I'm sure working on a show with kids is difficult because you have to deal with random ass growth spurts, but there was nothing stopping her from having the storyline span a few years as opposed to a few months.

Exactly and her comment about it being hard holds no weight because the most egregious examples of kids getting older on the show are two characters (Yaz and Dre’s baby) who have had 2 lines between them in 6 total seasons :dead:

Nobody bats an eye about someone like Tariq going from looking like he’s a foot shorter than ghost to looking down on Ghosts head in every scene because Tariq is an integral part of the cast.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Exactly and her comment about it being hard holds no weight because the most egregious examples of kids getting older on the show are two characters (Yaz and Dre’s baby) who have had 2 lines between them in 6 total seasons :dead:

Nobody bats an eye about someone like Tariq going from looking like he’s a foot shorter than ghost to looking down on Ghosts head in every scene because Tariq is an integral part of the cast.
To add to that. No one gives AF about Yaz or Cash, they could’ve got a new toddler to play them each season to keep the age consistent and no one would care. They’ve had all of 8 scenes between them for the entire series

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Even if there were no kids involved in the show, the idea that all of the shyt that has happened, happened within a few months is:dwillhuh:

If Yaz and the other baby were major characters, they'd be hard to replace. You can count on two hands the number of scenes they were both in through the six seasons. No one would have noticed her being replaced with another child that was light skinned.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Wait. The baby screaming when no action is around, just before hitters come. Now when the bullets fly, she's completely quiet. Got blood on her face too. :picard: Maybe the little girl is the coldest of them all.

In the words of P "A lil blood get on my daughter, it's nothing - she'll live (wipe that off) :birdman::demonic:"

50 directed this episode. I would have said it's a lowkey shoutout to Prodigy. but so many things they put in this show seem to be based on the roll of a dice or the direction of the wind that day, that I can't even call it. :manny:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
this episode was all over the place.

-these tommy and ghost stare downs need to stop.
-not mad, but that sex scene had nothing to do with anything
-letting alicia jimenez be in that bathroom alone :mjlol:
-the bathroom being completely unguarded and lala walks out the bathroom :gucci:
-ghost all up in a federal facility and nobody noticing except Dre :gucci:
-Dre killing that breh for nothing :gucci:
-tariq and his "crew" :skip: ...either the white boy or the chick is an agent
-that silly ass bugged backpack is going to be the what brings down the whole empire :beli:

-Jason is basically Tommy in 20 years, dude really had them go get Alicia just so he could kill her on some dumb shyt.