Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
She refused to divulge and give any info during interviews right after the episode aired to only go on Afterbuzz TV soon after and do the opposite. It’s crazy.

She gets on her gloating shyt heavy on there cause they worship the ground she walks on at AfteerBuzz. She probably didn’t even mean to tell it either :pachaha:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
She gets on her gloating shyt heavy on there cause they worship the ground she walks on at AfteerBuzz. She probably didn’t even mean to tell it either :pachaha:

She was just casually giving away information without even being asked :mindblown:

I’m sure that she pissed off the white people on those internet websites by doing it

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Courtney talking about the midseason finale.

I tried for about 5 mins... they're slurping her off way too hard for as bad as this shyt is lol

EDIT: Hit play again while I was doing errands figuring i'd let it play in the background. The little bit of pushback they're giving out (you can tell dude kinda wants to really shyt on the show) she's a little rude about defending.

Be a bad writer and be stank when people ask questions, brehs. :hhh:

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I tried for about 5 mins... they're slurping her off way too hard for as bad as this shyt is lol

EDIT: Hit play again while I was doing errands figuring i'd let it play in the background. The little bit of pushback they're giving out (you can tell dude kinda wants to really shyt on the show) she's a little rude about defending.

Be a bad writer and be stank when people ask questions, brehs. :hhh:
Of course Courtney spouted the ol' "if you're a true Power fan, then everything will make sense to you" bs.
:snoop:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Broad really thinks she's doing Shakespeare out here :mjlol:

You mention Angela (Lela Loren) saying that to him, we had already seen her appear to him, but here you have her, Raina (Donshea Hopkins), and Kanan (50 Cent). What did you like about the idea of using that device in this episode and having Ghost confronted with, well, ghosts?
We’ve always talked about how the show is really Shakespearean. I draw from a lot of different classical references, and people aren’t usually aware of them because it looks different and it’s contemporary and, frankly, because it’s people of color. People don’t see that it’s based on Shakespeare, but if you think about this season and how it’s been about fathers and sons, mothers and sons, and familial bonds, it’s been very influenced by Shakespeare. And this is very much influenced by Richard III. Richard kills a lot of people, and then they come and visit him as ghosts, so this is very similar.
Man, everyone draws on inspirations but she's talking as though she has any nuance at all about the shyt lol.

If she was inspired by the story of Oedipus she'd still be hamfisted as fukk with the dialogue and execution. She'd have Tariq's waterhead ass saying things like "Damn, you look good in that dress momma :feedme::whew:"

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
This got mentioned in my group chat, but one of the goofiest moments on Power was when Reina got killed, the very next scene was Ghost and Tasha at the precinct dried-eyed talking to a cop/detective about what just happened. No reaction shot of them crying or anything. A major moment in the Power storyline was reduced to the level of someone's cat being missing. But Courtney wanna talk about Shakespearean writing.

IJvB2wt.gif

Not to mention ghost has seemed to have completely forgotten that he has a 3rd kid with Tasha :mjlol:

He's begging and pleading to speak with Tariq all the time. Visiting Raina grave site....but never once mentions the little girl they have!

I don't even know her name, starting to think he doesn't either:heh:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Kemp said they have multiple endings filmed in case anything gets leaked(or imo if there’s too much backlash)

and Tashas earring that came off when her and lakesha were tussling will be a factor

she said all this on the afterbuzz interview