Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Is Ghost club “Truth” just an event center now and not an actual nightclub?

what other nightclub hasn’t been completely shut down after like 4-5 murders and multiple arrests all in the span of a “year” ? :dead:
Even the insurance line Ramona hit Ghost with had me like :patrice: cause if this show has actually happened in the last year all them incidents would have Jake from State Farm sending Ghost to voicemail by now :pachaha:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I think this show is written for ratchet chicks and non-intelligent people. It's not meant to be broken down.

A chick once asked me if I watched, and I said no. She said why, so I gave her examples. She was like "you thinking too much into it."
It's definitely candy and not vegetables. Both are great but you use them for different reasons.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
at them having Tate randomly mentioning to Ghost that he used to be a cop, so it wouldnt look super crazy when he handled that gun during the robbery

convenient drop for the sake of convenience :patrice:
I'm breaking into TV writing so these sorts of things are so grating to me. I know when I'm relying on lazy writing and whenever I get some eyes on my work, those sorts of shortcuts get pointed out and fixed. So it's always kind of unnerving when shows with budgets, checks and balances and writer's rooms with a dozen or so people let shyt through that I would have checked on my own within a couple of drafts.

But then again, when your fukkery is rewarded with big viewership and buzz, you're less likely to stick to the chops and practices that got you to the dance.

That "you used to be a cop" shyt felt like a last-minute addition with a deadline around the corner, which shouldn't be the case if you got a guaranteed episode order and several months to break down story.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm breaking into TV writing so these sorts of things are so grating to me. I know when I'm relying on lazy writing and whenever I get some eyes on my work, those sorts of shortcuts get pointed out and fixed. So it's always kind of unnerving when shows with budgets, checks and balances and writer's groups with a dozen or so people let shyt through that I would have checked on my own within a couple of drafts.

But then again, when your fukkery is rewarded with big viewership and buzz, you're less likely to stick to the chops and practices that got you to the dance.

That "you used to be a cop" shyt felt like a last-minute addition with a deadline around the corner, which shouldn't be the case if you got a guaranteed episode order and several months to break down story.
Yeah, that stood out to me as well. When did they mention that Tate was a cop before this episode? :laugh:

That's why they threw that line in there, because I'm sure the vast majority of viewers didn't know he was a cop previously, I know I didn't.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Tariq the Mastermind. "Clean cash" This shyt is retarded.

Does this show have rewatchability?v

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This bytch went too far... so a random dope dealer went from extorting her for a thousand or so to fronting her over a million in product? In a week.

full
They say this is a big rich toooooown
full

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
HTF does this random corner boy have 1M in work...without ANYONE knowing who he is? Matter of fact, if he has that much work, why is he doing "protection" rackets personally?

THEY MADE 40K OFF DUDES WORK.

THEY GOT MOST OF THE MONEY FROM
THE FUND RAISER.
:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That was a truly horrible episode. 5 minutes in and I was just stunned at the writing even by this season’s standards :gucci::why:

Gubernatorial candidate and NY’s wealthiest gathered in one spot and no security in sight :mjlol:

Tariq is the stupidest motherfukker on Earth

Wait so this random drug dealer fronted Tasha 1M of drugs and they only made 40K. Did I understand that properly?

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Gubernatorial candidates catching bodies. Tariq’s dumbass doing dumb shyt as usual, Tasha and Keisha suddenly the brains behind everything :russ: This shyt done become just like Fast & Furious. That wasn’t a million dollars worth of product dude gave Tasha, no way some random dealer can get that much product. That 40K was all they could get from it.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think this show is written for ratchet chicks and non-intelligent people. It's not meant to be broken down.

A chick once asked me if I watched, and I said no. She said why, so I gave her examples. She was like "you thinking too much into it."
I called it a few seasons ago that with the initial success of Empire that the show seemed to go from being somewhat grounded in reality to having more over the top big moments that would generate convo. I legit think the writers know how bad some of this shyt is but that a lot people enjoy it while others hate watch it to make fun of all the nonsense. Either way people are talking and still watching versus just losing interest like they do in a lot of shows.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Also, can someone explain what in the fukk was dude's problem during the club heist? They had a specific plan and he being extra as fukk....hitting up ghost, trying to get fresh with that chick...and wound up getting himself killed.

The fukk was his problem here

:ultrascust: