Power Season 5 (Official Thread)

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Its a weak way to try to keep the cops on them for another season, they need to move on from this particular case and start a new conflict with someone else. They should of had tommy move out to Chicago or whatever with that top supplier from last season to start a drug empire over there, or even had him join the eyetalians and had him dealing with a whole new set of issues and people.

I enjoyed this season but that ending shined a light on the fact that nothing has really progressed since season 1,
@bolded that's what I have a issue with this finale.
I understand that it's hard coming up something new in the crime Drama genre to make conflict. Especially as a series like Power that limits itself to NY.

But there's still mutiple ways to create conflict
New drug Lord
Cartel/gang wars
Etc

The potential could have been plotline, with Lorenzo Tate as a dirty politician with hands In the underworld or something.

Would have been refreshing as Ghost and Tommy never faced someone like a Politian before.

But nope instead we gonna get more cops:francis:

Writers seem like they either just don't care and phoning it in. Or geniuinly are just not good writers.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
-RIP Bomani
-RIP Angie
-Dre could win olympic shooting competitions. Dude really be dead shotting people in the middle of all that action...:martin:
-Sax bytch play his last damn card telling leaving that recorder with Tommy. He gone tell Mok..."lets go stir some shyt up" :laff:
-And Tommy such a goofy ass easily manipulated puppy dog. People just be like "you know____ was doing dirt against you...you might want to go handle it" and Tommy turn into Bucky Barnes
-Tate gone pardon Ghost and Tasha :patrice:
-I wonder what Dre's knew name gone be, trash ass nikka aint even worried about his baby mama. :gucci:
-why they still got this random ass witness girl still walkin around mad:what: don't nobody care about her. That's one thing i hate about this show, once you finesse an issue it should be done. they leave shyt hanging out there until somebody die

And Tommy possibly had the line of the season talking to ole boy in the car. "I see why Kanan was fukkin with you:mjgrin:"

If they made Tommy the focal point of the show they could add a laugh track and all them Seinfeld transition music clips and it could easily be a sitcom.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I think the finale sets up things really nice for next season imo. We now officially have, Tommy vs. Ghost, which has been a long time coming. The the relationship between the two of them is now broken for good, which is going to lead into more intense fighting for “Power”. Especially with Tariq on his own path. Whom will Tariq side with in this struggle?

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
The main reason Angie is gone is because she out lived her usefulness, at this point there is no where for her character to go unless she the transforms into a full blown criminal

Ghost is still married to Tasha so their relationship would always have to keep a low profile, plus her death puts ghost in situation that we have never seen him in

The real question is what effect will Angela's death have on ghost

In season 5 he was 70%James 30% ghost but this death might push him too 90% ghost for season 6 where he just kills everyone

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
@bolded that's what I have a issue with this finale.
I understand that it's hard coming up something new in the crime Drama genre to make conflict.

But there's still mutiple ways to create conflict
New drug Lord
Cartel/gang wars
Etc

The potential could have been plotline with Lorenzo Tate as a dirty politician with hands In the underworld or something. Could have been refreshing as Ghost and Tommy never faced someone like a Politian before.

But nope instead we gonna get more cops:francis:

Writers seem like they either just don't care and phoning it in. Or geniuinly are just not good writers.

Breh...this show could've been good with simple changes

Keep Kanan dead the first time

Don't kill off Raina

Let Angie and Ghost be together for real

Let Ghost go straight

Have Tommy and Tasha hate Ghost for being with LE

Ghost gives Tommy Truth and leaves the club business

Ghost meets Councilmen Tate and goes into politics

Dre works for Tommy

Tommy and Dre expands their drug dealing business into Chicago

Ghost finds out Tate is dirty and got street ties

This scenario is way better than wtf they got now

Last edited:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Its a weak way to try to keep the cops on them for another season, they need to move on from this particular case and start a new conflict with someone else. They should of had tommy move out to Chicago or whatever with that top supplier from last season to start a drug empire over there, or even had him join the eyetalians and had him dealing with a whole new set of issues and people.

I enjoyed this season but that ending shined a light on the fact that nothing has really progressed since season 1,

According to the writer, everything in power since season 1 has occurred in the last 5 months..:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
The main reason Angie is gone is because she out lived her usefulness, at this point there is no where for her character to go unless she the transforms into a full blown criminal

Ghost is still married to Tasha so their relationship would always have to keep a low profile, plus her death puts ghost in situation that we have never seen him in

The real question is what effect will Angela's death have on ghost

In season 5 he was 70%James 30% ghost but this death might push him too 90% ghost for season 6 where he just kills everyone

Yup, ghost lost his daughter and the love of his life within a few weeks, dude about to snap.

I can see the opening scene for season 6 ghost burying angie somewhere emotional as fukk. Her body can't show up or all of em are done

I also think tariq gonna hustle for tommy and uncle tommy can show him the game which will give ghost extra incentive to kill him or maybe both of em.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Ghost was always ready to die if it meant protecting who he loved. Tommy knows this and popping Angela is much more sweeter than if he popped ghost cause he know that this shyt will torment ghost the same way Tommy feels ghost has tormented him with encouraging him to shoot both his pops and his white girl from earlier in the show.

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Ghost was always ready to die if it meant protecting who he loved. Tommy knows this and popping Angela is much more sweeter than if he popped ghost cause he know that this shyt will torment ghost the same way Tommy feels ghost has tormented him with encouraging him to shoot both his pops and his white girl from earlier in the show.
The problem with this theory is that Tommy is a pure idiot. Ghost did warn Tommy both times about the people he holds dear were up to no good. Holly admitted she hired the Jamaicans to kill Ghost, which stemmed from Lobos, not Ghost. Teresi did admit he got out to snitch on Tommy, which has nothing to do with Ghost once again.

The only reason why Tommy is mad at Ghost is because he doesn't tell him his intentions beforehand. in a sense he's no different than Tariq, an always wanting the truth dude as if it matters.

The funny part about the Teresi thing is the Italians knew he was snitching, just didn't know who, and they have no love for Tommy either. Tommy SHOULD be mad at Vincent, but nah, he's mad at Ghost.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I wonder if dres witness protection deal dies with angela? Also his BM can flip on him if she isnt protected. Chess not checkers

NAH HE GOOD.

ANGIE DIDNT HAVE THE POWER TO GIVE HIM THE DEAL ANYMORE
SINCE SHE WAS FACING CHARGES.

SHE GOT HER D.C. FRIEND TO GIVE DRE THE DEAL.
:devil:
:evil:

Surreal

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said a couple season ago that Ghost has a child with Angie sister

I still believe that