Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
Proctor is my favorite character. douchebag lawyer committed to getting his clients off whether they are guilty or not. he does his job well, and actually gives sound advice.

I'm always surprised when people say they like tommy, his character has done so many nonsensical things from the start of the show that to me at this point i view him as a plot device rather than character, and i know both aren't mutually exclusive but tommy has been written awfully several times, i mean, from the time he told a random girl he knew for like 3 days, that he's one of the biggest drug distributors in NYC all because he has oedipus complex for red haired women, then the time the same girl stole jewellery from his "family" house and for some reason he lied to protect her and was cool with what she did, then beating up julio cause he was coked up and jealous of his girl, then him questioning ghost's loyalty despite him breaking him free from jail and trying to take him with him to the legit club business. do yall remember when tommy was saying "selling drugs is all im good at" and ghost said "nah, you're great at it. but i have more to offer.." like ghost believes in his potential and wants better for them (legit business), but this dikkhead is too caught up on his emotional mood swings and wanting to be the man (like really his whole motivation for wanting to be the plug is laughable considering the risks involved and the close calls they have had), dude is just a comically written character with little to no likeable traits outside of the occasional snarky comment. ionno man, unstable, emotional and dumb characters are not very appealing to me.
:huhldup:
Damn, you right fam, but way harsh.
I still like Tommy. Despite his many shortcomings, when his head is on straight, he handles business almost as efficiently as Ghost.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Proctor is my favorite character. douchebag lawyer committed to getting his clients off whether they are guilty or not. he does his job well, and actually gives sound advice.

I'm always surprised when people say they like tommy, his character has done so many nonsensical things from the start of the show that to me at this point i view him as a plot device rather than character, and i know both aren't mutually exclusive but tommy has been written awfully several times, i mean, from the time he told a random girl he knew for like 3 days, that he's one of the biggest drug distributors in NYC all because he has oedipus complex for red haired women, then the time the same girl stole jewellery from his "family" house and for some reason he lied to protect her and was cool with what she did, then beating up julio cause he was coked up and jealous of his girl, then him questioning ghost's loyalty despite him breaking him free from jail and trying to take him with him to the legit club business. do yall remember when tommy was saying "selling drugs is all im good at" and ghost said "nah, you're great at it. but i have more to offer.." like ghost believes in his potential and wants better for them (legit business), but this dikkhead is too caught up on his emotional mood swings and wanting to be the man (like really his whole motivation for wanting to be the plug is laughable considering the risks involved and the close calls they have had), dude is just a comically written character with little to no likeable traits outside of the occasional snarky comment. ionno man, unstable, emotional and dumb characters are not very appealing to me.

I don't know breh....I've met people like Tommy before. They weren't drug dealers, well some were but, obviously not crime bosses but, a white boy in the hood that's mentally unstable, likes to fight, coked up out of his mind, gets drunk and high with his parents and has a trashy white girlfriend that's a stripper. That's very believable. Ghost is a Black Jay Gatsby (this show is based on that book), his whole m.o. is to go legit and become a respected businessman. Tommy don't give a fukk about none of that shyt. He just wants to fukk bytches, do coke and sell drugs. They basically flipped the script from The Wire. Tommy is Avon except he's more impulsive, more destructive and is better off being number two than the leader. Ghost is Stringer except he's more ruthless, more violent, not as slimy and is the better leader of the two. But the dynamics are the same. One guy wants to get out and go legit. Dreams of kicking it with all the big wigs downtown. The other guy is comfortable where he's at and doesn't play away games.

Last edited: