Power Season 3 (Official Thread)

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
The death penalty exists on a federal level but it's rarely used

They would only use that for someone like Timothy McVeigh or the Boston Bomber. Whatever homicides Ruiz is charged with would most likely be done on a state level, leaving him with Life Without Parole as the worst case scenario.

Daps
Oh he was going there to kill Tommy. Dressed in all black with the black gloves..and he broke in..man almost got dropped in front of his son to.

So you're thinking he Ghost thought he survived Tommy's assassination attempt and showed up to Tommy's house announcing his presence calling out Tommy's name and shyt? :comeon:

After getting rid of Holly's body, Tommy says "So the Koreans, that was you?" Ghost responds "Yea. And someone tried to take me out tonight while I was with Tariq" Tommy says "Tariq was with you?" and that clearly catches Ghost off guard when he asks "That was you?" You can hear it in his voice.

I'll agree, Ghost breaking in to Tommy's apt makes no sense, but that's Power writing.

Daps
I'm not a lawyer and I don't feel like reading up on it so I'll take y'all word on it but I feel like it's not that simple because nothing with the death penalty is that simple.

It's as simple as jurisdiction breh. Think about it, do you really think killing the president in NY would allow you to avoid the death penalty where killing the president in South Carolina would get you the death penalty? Of course not. It's simply a matter of which court system has jurisdiction.

Daps
The death penalty exists on a federal level but it's rarely used

They would only use that for someone like Timothy McVeigh or the Boston Bomber. Whatever homicides Ruiz is charged with would most likely be done on a state level, leaving him with Life Without Parole as the worst case scenario.

Nomar was a federal CI, that's what would have made his murder a federal case

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
So you're thinking he Ghost thought he survived Tommy's assassination attempt and showed up to Tommy's house announcing his presence calling out Tommy's name and shyt? :comeon:

After getting rid of Holly's body, Tommy says "So the Koreans, that was you?" Ghost responds "Yea. And someone tried to take me out tonight while I was with Tariq" Tommy says "Tariq was with you?" and that clearly catches Ghost off guard when he asks "That was you?" You can hear it in his voice.

I'll agree, Ghost breaking in to Tommy's apt makes no sense, but that's Power writing.

I thought he was coming to kill Tommy. He couldn't get in touch with him all day so he could use the breaking in as he was concerned that something had happened to Tommy and once Tommy guard was down Ghost would kill his ass. Ghost didn't expect to see a dead Holly and a distraught Tommy when he walked in.

Daps
I thought he was coming to kill Tommy. He couldn't get in touch with him all day so he could use the breaking in as he was concerned that something had happened to Tommy and once Tommy guard was down Ghost would kill his ass. Ghost didn't expect to see a dead Holly and a distraught Tommy when he walked in.
Before he sees Holly, he's calling out Tommy's name...why would he do that if he thought he just survived Tommy's assassination attempt? Ghost probably expected to find Tommy dead in his bed.

Rewatch the scene in the car, and tell me you can't hear the surprise in Ghost's voice when Tommy exclaims "Tariq was there?"

Daps
True, but the fact that Nomar fukked a 14 year old would have prevented that from going very far

No doubt, plus, apparently, they may have had to prove Ruiz knew Nomar was a CI (according to his lawyer). I don't get why a seasoned criminal like Ruiz didn't consult with his lawyer before agreeing to snitch in the first place but whatever.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I'm not a lawyer and I don't feel like reading up on it so I'll take y'all word on it but I feel like it's not that simple because nothing with the death penalty is that simple.
Yeah I don't think he would've got it, but it made sense to use it as a scare tactic to get him to cooperate because he killed a federal witness