Power Rangers Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You bring up a good point. Are toys really selling like that these days though? I'm not around kids like that anymoreI but I feel like kids aren't into that shyt like that anymore. I may be wrong. From the ages of 6+ you're probably buying your kids video games and not action figures in this day and age. I buy Star Wars toys for myself (Disney doing great things for that franchise) and the shelves are rarely stocked at major retailers because no one is into the shyt like that.

Add to that, when the OG Rangers were out, it was more than the toys. It captured something in American (global) youth that I don't believe is there anymore. Like, who are they marketing this new film towards?

I got a goddaughter and one of my homies has two kids. Trust me toys sell lol. Their rooms are an ode to that. Unless you have to buy them you're out of that world

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i can tell already this was strictly a paycheck for Cranston. never really had a doubt about that though.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_ok1p0ch8n11v74rx1o3_540.gif

:banderas:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
trailer makes the movie look a lot better than i thought i would look...i'm actually interested in going to see it now....

side note: this thread is a great example of adults not liking shyt aimed at kids lol.....

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Looks dope to me

They need to change the soundtrack. Get some great RECENT songs...

Music and pop culture was a big deal

Edit: after second watch it was pretty dope. I like everything in it.

The Suits, Zords, Zordon, Villains, action, even the main characters so far

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Basically. Good trailer but will probably be too late for most on the net. I'm just curious how kids are reacting/will react. Those toys have been on shelves for months. As a PR guy tho, I definitely feel like they're marketing this thing all wrong but I also get that power rangers has always been about the toys, first and foremost
are the toys selling??
the designs look mad generic tbh

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
It was a lot of bytching going on about Billy earlier. But from the teaser and and the tralier he's shown the most personality :sas2:

I was crazy wrong. Still not a fan of the red ranger choice but OG Jason will always be my favorite so no one could've beat that anyway. Billy's presented well in the trailers in terms of personality like you said, way far off from the original. Same for Trini. They've made the rangers I always saw as the corniest as the best so far. Sold me on it much more than I thought they would or could.