Power Rangers Movie Thread

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Breh if you really think John Lewis' legacy will be erased or can be erased for tweets and even though he violated congressional rules this year by doing a sit in to protest gun laws that have led to many black men and women being shot down across the country and the hundreds of times he's spoken up about police brutality then we got nothing else to talk about. Seriously.

Again I don't care. You do. I got other places to look for black male leads that aren't on some ignorant shyt which is always my first and last desire. If that doesn't work for you cool but clearly we're coming at this from two very different angles
Please prove what John Lewis has done against police brutality against black people. How many bills he has pass that protect black people against police brutality? How many wars has he won?

And what the fukk u mean by black males leads whose on ignorant shyt? Examples? So when he's the no-p*ssy geting nerd who is bulied, then he's not on some ignorant shyt? :what:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
cut that out,nobody wanted to be Zach on the playground:pachaha:....nikka talked like a cornball brutha,dressed like a cornball brutha,and nobody i knew even wanted to dance like that nikka:scust:

Far as recent movies i can remember,Deadshot was the leader of the Suicide Squad and Harley was tryin to fukk black and brown people left and right:mjpls:....Straight Out of Compton had NWA getting alot of women,and showed Cube and Eazy both marrying loyal sistas,Dre not so much:mjpls:....in Creed he got a girl and we got a classic:wow:...Black Panther clearly stole the show,Luda was the brains of the operation in the last Fast and Furious AND got the black woman who also had brains.

Either im not seeing enough movies,or you watching too many:pachaha:....i usually only watch movies that got a couple black folks in it...its not bad enough right now for you to be this upset about a TRAILER:mindblown:

My biggest problem with tv and movies right now is the promotion of "swirling":scust:....also on tv the streets/hood aint represented enough....i know how you feel bruh,nikkas fot mad at me in this very forum i believe,for pointing out how all the black people in tv shows seem to he all well off,affluent,and cant forget so well spoken:mjpls::....i said it was too much of this and nikkas came at me full force:mjlol:...im sorry but its so phony and forced i had to call it....wheres our Good Times,Living Single,South central,everybody hates chris,Martin,Moesha,Steve Harvey,the Parkers to balance it out?so apparently we all looking for different things.

But anyway,You only seem to be looking at one form of media and entertainment(movies),if you feel the black alpha male who gets plenty of p*ssy is under represented:heh:.....more under represented than what Black Billy represents in this movie in a big budget film:?

If hes written well its a bigger payoff in terms of being different,then what a dancing black dude who gets p*ssy wouldve been imo....I just dont feel like smooth,p*ssy gettin black males are under represented breh....matter of fact its not under represented to the point you will get looked at like a alien by some people if you a nikka wit 0 swag,who aint smooth with women....that shyt is looked at as a birth defect....what you want to see more of,is already so engrained in popular culture its become a stereotype:manny:

Let the Black Billys get a chance to shine mane,if they write him fukked up ill be back here protesting with you,and you can say i told you so.

and white Billy was universally wack due to lack of screen time,looks like the asian will be the new billy,as asians usually get it worst than even we do on the big screen:mjlol:
:dahell: you mean Zack was the "cornball" brotha? He was like Eddie Winslow with dance moves. Teaching kids how to defend themselves with HIS version of capoeira. What's not to like about that? :dahell:

Dre is with a light-bright. She aint white. ANd those characters like Luda was not the main character. And their was no chemistry between him and her character. Will Smith's DS will never end up with HQ, stop it :stopitslime:

THere are plenty of black shows, from serious brains/brawn characters like the Morris Chestnut cop show, and the goofy fat dad like Black-ish which shows the range of bm portrayals.

What Im saying is that black nerds like Black Billy will be the joke of the show. He's the next Jar-Jar Binks/FInn. THe scary ass. The buffoon. No p*ssy getting. Bu bu bu he's smart and pure hearted. Bu bu bu theres not enough portrayal of this type of black man. This is propaganda. Portraying black males as weak eunuchs. Not the stud that was Black Zack. :francis:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Please prove what John Lewis has done against police brutality against black people. How many bills he has pass that protect black people against police brutality? How many wars has he won?

And what the fukk u mean by black males leads whose on ignorant shyt? Examples? So when he's the no-p*ssy geting nerd who is bulied, then he's not on some ignorant shyt? :what:

Well there's a church down the street from my house that he spoke at about the subject and he goes to places all around the D.C. Area and in his own district speaking on the subject along with trying to push forward legislation to de militirize police forces around the country and institute body cameras. But that's stuff that doesn't get play on twitter because it's policy and policy isn't sexy. Nor is it going to be news that he visits a church in pg county to express his feelings on the subject and encourage people to vote and educate them about what can be done to stop it. But if that's not enough for you like I said we may as well dead this and move on because clearly we don't see eye to eye if John Lewis can or should be dissed now

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Anyone fukk with the SPD theme :ohhh:
I use to tune in just to watch the theme and turned the channel right after :ehh:

SPD is my favourite season, it was like a cop show for kids.

I can't believe y'all are mad that they didn't give the black kid the stereotype, hip hop kido? That wasn't cool. MMPR is an overrated season anyways

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You dudes are still discussing this black nerd stuff? Jesus get over it. He's playing Billy, Billy was a damn nerd, what did you expect? Leave this alone and enjoy the fact that we might actually get a decent Ranger movie.

Eh, calm down.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
:dahell: you mean Zack was the "cornball" brotha? He was like Eddie Winslow with dance moves. Teaching kids how to defend themselves with HIS version of capoeira. What's not to like about that? :dahell:

Dre is with a light-bright. She aint white. ANd those characters like Luda was not the main character. And their was no chemistry between him and her character. Will Smith's DS will never end up with HQ, stop it :stopitslime:

THere are plenty of black shows, from serious brains/brawn characters like the Morris Chestnut cop show, and the goofy fat dad like Black-ish which shows the range of bm portrayals.

What Im saying is that black nerds like Black Billy will be the joke of the show. He's the next Jar-Jar Binks/FInn. THe scary ass. The buffoon. No p*ssy getting. Bu bu bu he's smart and pure hearted. Bu bu bu theres not enough portrayal of this type of black man. This is propaganda. Portraying black males as weak eunuchs. Not the stud that was Black Zack. :francis:
I notice they do this to alot Syfy films to black characters

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some of y'all are definitely exaggerating Zack's "greatness"

I mean sure, he was cooler than Billy but he wasn't this supreme ass alpha male like y'all are trying to say he was either. People bringing up T'Challa :mjlol: Him & Billy were both betas in the group, only difference was that Billy was a nerd while Zack liked to dance and have fun. But he was always behind Tommy & Jason, both in popularity and in their "alpha male" rankings.

It's pretty obvious why they changed the characters. There were people that complained about it being racially insensitive that the black character was the black ranger and the Asian character was the yellow ranger. So instead, they made the black character the blue ranger and the Asian character the black ranger. They could've also just swapped and made the black character the yellow ranger, but I know y'all would've complained even more if it was Aisha :mjpls:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

I mean sure, he was cooler than Billy but he wasn't this supreme ass alpha male like y'all are trying to say he was either. People bringing up T'Challa :mjlol: Him & Billy were both betas in the group, only difference was that Billy was a nerd while Zack liked to dance and have fun. But he was always behind Tommy & Jason, both in popularity and in their "alpha male" rankings.

It's pretty obvious why they changed the characters. There were people that complained about it being racially insensitive that the black character was the black ranger and the Asian character was the yellow ranger. So instead, they made the black character the blue ranger and the Asian character the black ranger. They could've also just swapped and made the black character the yellow ranger, but I know y'all would've complained even more if it was Aisha :mjpls:
The thing is you don't mess up the og team as far as characters they could always write his personality a little differently without stereotyping him.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You mean because Aisha wouldve been a yellowbone?or cuz she wouldve been swirling:mjpls:

Only problem withnthis blue ranger portrayl will be if he comes off as weak during the action,or if he gets the same screen time as Billy on the show:mjcry:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Eddie was corny too until later seasons:pachaha:

I gave you examples of black male leaders in movies,and nikkas gettin the girl....now you talkin bout "Bu bu bu but Luda wasnt the lead"....so he gotta be the lead now too,or the portrayl doesnt exist and doesnt matter:stopitslime:?Luda got just about as much screentime as anybody not named Vin Disel from what I remember.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing is you don't mess up the og team as far as characters they could always write his personality a little differently without stereotyping him.

I never found it offensive so I would've been perfectly fine with keeping the OG characters, but I'm also not gonna act like it's this catastrophic decision that sets the race back 100 years