Avengers compound
Thunder brother:gladbron:
tumblr_m6ejkvg0ap1qg40zoo4_250_zps5uagoswr.gif

di-28ZQ_zpsgmnhxdtd.gif

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
More like they cannot make the white boy the nerd. Gott upheld the white male image as the superstud who always get the p*ssy.

There was nothing racist about the black guy being the black ranger. I still can't believe my parents said the show was racist when I watched it like 25years ago.

No one will bat a eyelid if they cast the black man as the black ranger again. Where's all the keyboard casting warriors bytching about the race change?? They won't bytch because the black man will be the scary looser and the white man will be the superstud. Can't have a black man right next to the white man as the top LT, that's why they casted a Asian man as the number two.

I've noticed this a lot in movies nowadays, you see some white character grab the black male character by the collar and "tell em what's what" and shyt.

You see the black male depicted as soft, effeminate, no p*ssy getting dude. If not this, than he's the typical thug character.

It's like these white writers are venting their insecurities into these scripts and casting calls. You know damn well these white hollywood writers probably have no black friends, and are low key afraid of black men or even flat out racist towards them.

So we're seeing the result of it on screen, but a lot of people are in denial about it. You even have one dude on here that's trying to turn "normal" into a philosophical discussion, but when it comes to white characters, no discussion necessary, we know that white character is going to be the leader, the clever one, the morally righteous one, the alpha. You'll also see the opposite with white characters, but that's the point. You see all different kinds of white characters, but largely with the positive traits I just listed. Black characters? 99% of the time these days there's something going on, and if he's otherwise normal, he's going to be a double crossing, untrustworthy type like Lando was depicted or Carl Weathers in Predator etc.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In theory this makes sense, however in reality you know damn well what normal is. And why do they keep pushing this shyt onto black male characters? Why all of a sudden does this theory need to be brought up for the token black character, but it never does for white male characters? You know why? Because there are normal white character, they aren't always pidgeon holed into being effeminate, incompetent or a thug. They can be literally any type of character, and are always made to be the leader and the most intellectually competent.

So I see you tried to make excuses for it, but at the end of the day you know damn well what they're pulling.

I'm not making excuses for it. I just don't care. I know who I am I know what I'm about I know what I represent. I'm not going to live and die on how a black character is represented in a comic book movie. There are strong black father figures on tv. We got strong black women on tv. We got the same in literature other movies and just in real life. Black senators black congressmen and women. Journalists pundits athletes whatever. That said, I still believe some kid out there will relate to this and if so good for him.

There's something John Amos' character on the west wing said: I've got too much going on with the real problems to be bothered by the made up ones.

And I agree with that 110%. Also he was the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff with every degree known to man and every medal you can earn. The shyt you cats are clamoring for is out there.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Here's my only gripe with the "normal acting black character"...normal by whose standards?

To say that Zack or Billy or any black character needs to project a certain masculinity or attitude or behavior is to say that all of us are the same and all of us are alike. But we're all different. We grew up in different environments and like different things which is why I don't trip over this version of billy being the way he is from what I've seen. I don't believe that every black man is alike and we all have to walk the same path. I grew up around guys who were loud and obnoxious types, quiet shy types, nerdy types, jocks, weird, whatever. We don't all walk to the same drum and while a nerdy Billy may not appeal to someone, it's a good bet there's a kid out there who will gravitate to it and say there's someone on screen who truly reflects his reality.

I've got more in common with Peter Parker than Luke Cage and I'm completely cool with that. But I'm proud there's a guy like Cage. While I can identify with his skin color and his nobility, that's where it stops. I'm not the strongest guy walking, I'm not the biggest guy, I'm not from Georgia, I damn sure don't intimidate a damn person unless my mouth goes off:russ: And when I was in high school, especially freshman year, i wasn't always the most confident cat. I grew into it. So Peter Parker was someone I completely identified with because he didn't always have his shyt together. Someone like Luke or Panther would be who I'd aspire to be probably but Peter is more my reality:yeshrug:
Man look, it's not about saying that all black males are the same and has to be some normal guy who gets chicks, I know that all black males are not like this, that's not the point. This is ALL about propaganda.

The POINT of us griping bout the race change and making the black male look weak is because Hollywood and the media has a disgusting history of portraying black males as being weak-willed, white p*ssy chasing, ebonics speaking, IQ of 10, first to die, scared-ass type of sambo that sacrifices his life for the white protagonist. When casting a black male, he CANNOT live throughout the movie if he was normal, or has some type of samboish quality of him. This happens for MOST of the time when white hands are involved and most black people are sick of it. What really gave this movie a black eye in terms of casting, is that they THEY HAVE WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY of portraying a black male as being weak and scary instead of leaving the race and roles like it was 20 some years ago. This is what pisses us off. Damn that nerd shyt, if we want to watch a black nerd, then we will watch Family Matters, and despite his flaws even he pulls girls.

THis is why black people love the Luke Cage series, because when black hands are involved, the black characters are well-spoken, intelligent, handsome/pretty regardless if they are good or evil. Positive portrayals of black people, rather they are idealists (Misty), or psychopaths (Diamondback). ANd this is why some whites are pissed off about it. And millions of people are watching a POSITIVE mostly all-black cast in their homes. Changing the narrative. THAT IS THE POINT. Portraying black people who are positive, head-strong, and intelligent. That's why they have so much dialogue, because they are going out of their way to portray these black characters as intelligent.

Last edited:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
More like they cannot make the white boy the nerd. Gott upheld the white male image as the superstud who always get the p*ssy.

There was nothing racist about the black guy being the black ranger. I still can't believe my parents said the show was racist when I watched it like 25years ago.

No one will bat a eyelid if they cast the black man as the black ranger again. Where's all the keyboard casting warriors bytching about the race change?? They won't bytch because the black man will be the scary looser and the white man will be the superstud. Can't have a black man right next to the white man as the top LT, that's why they casted a Asian man as the number two.
Right its how you potray them not the colors they wear. I wonder why they hardly put a dark skinned guy as the blue ranger tho

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man look, it's not about saying that all black males are the same and has to be some normal guy who gets chicks, I know that all black males are not like this, that's not the point. This is ALL about propaganda.

The POINT of us griping bout the race change and making the black male look weak is because Hollywood and the media has a disgusting history of portraying black males as being weak-willed, white p*ssy chasing, ebonics speaking, IQ of 10, first to die, scared-ass type of sambo that sacrifices his life for the white protagonist. When casting a black male, he CANNOT live throughout the movie if he was normal, or has some type of samboish quality of him. This happens for MOST of the time when white hands are involved and most black people are sick of it. What really gave this movie a black eye in terms of casting, is that they THEY HAVE WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY of portraying a black male as being weak and scary instead of leaving the race and roles like it was 20 some years ago. This is what pisses us off. Damn that nerd shyt, if we want to watch a black nerd, then we will watch Family Matters, and despite his flaws even he pulls girls.

THis is why black people love the Luke Cage series, because when black hands are involved, the black characters are well-spoken, intelligent, handsome/pretty regardless if they are good or evil. Positive portrayals of black people, rather they are idealists, or psychopaths. ANd this is why some whites are pissed off about it. And millions of people are watching a POSITIVE mostly all-black cast in their homes. Changing the narrative. THAT IS THE POINT. Portraying black people who are positive, head-strong, and intelligent. That's why they have so much dialogue, because they are going out of their way to portray these black characters as intelligent.

I hear you man. But again I feel like there are bigger fish to fry and also feel like we as a people are diverse enough where everyone can eat. If you don't like this guy there are other characters in media who can serve what you want the way you want. Plus again I don't mind the nerd shyt because I know cats like that and I guess I'm not as sensitive to it as you or anyone else. And that's cool I'm not saying you're wrong for being sensitive to it. I'm just offering another point of view.

Your argument is valid. I'm just arguing that one, there are people like that in real life whether anyone wants to admit to it and B, there are other avenues for media representation to satiate what you have a taste for. But like I said shyt has never bothered me so maybe I'm not the right person to even speak on this

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It kinda looks like the last Transformers movie with Wahlberg but it's different and a refreshing look. I'm in for it.:ehh:

Y'all really wanted it back to the stereotypical color palette huh? So we can get think pieces on why it's kinda racist that the brotha is the black ranger? :why: Just be glad he got lines, the Asian Zack didn't say a thing in the teaser.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Trailer looks cool.

Dont care for Jason and Kimberly making out.

Cant waitfor Tommy to show up in the sequel to fukk him up and take his bytch :banderas:

we all like tommy as much as the next guy, but u r out of your goddamn mind if you think he can fukk with jason in way shape or form without it being some bullshyt. that is unless they change jason into a bytch in this movie.