Power Book II: GHOST Season 4 Thread (The FINAL Season Is Two Parts & Debuts On STARZ June 7th & September 6th)

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
That’s not entirely true as he wasn’t exactly forthcoming with the information to her that Tasha was the one who shot her and even went along with the Monet and Cane's plan to take out their own family about it.

Another missed opportunity from the writers that Monet never found out the truth before she died.

I really think they had all of season four written, then pivoted at some point and scrapped most of it. Them deciding to have Diana lose the baby is what confirms it for me since that wasn't the original plan. Also, I know the writers strike was last year, so I don't know how much that affected production.

It also makes me wonder what the hell they had planned for season five, which most likely would have been the actual final season. Monet is dead, Effie is moving to California or dying, one of the Tejadas will most likely die, Carter and Noma are going to die. Where would you even go from there?

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean he’s partially responsible for her death but what else could he do when Carter said he had a video of him killing Zion?
Hmm... He could have you know, followed through with the original plan. One member of Carter's team is already dead. He could've offed Carter and you broke into his house and hacked his computer. Or he could've offed Carter and skipped town.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also hated how they continuously missed on the chance/arc to have him admit that he understood the choices his father had to make etc etc etc
He can't come to that realization when he doesn't even know who his father was. He got poison pills from Kanan and Tasha. Ghost wasn't no better refusig to ever explain anyting to Tariq.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I really think they had all of season four written, then pivoted at some point and scrapped most of it. Them deciding to have Diana lose the baby is what confirms it for me since that wasn't the original plan. Also, I know the writers strike was last year, so I don't know how much that affected production.

It also makes me wonder what the hell they had planned for season five, which most likely would have been the actual final season. Monet is dead, Effie is moving to California or dying, one of the Tejadas will most likely die, Carter and Noma are going to die. Where would you even go from there?
Definitely not the original plan as there was a casting call last year for twin boys, so it was definitely planned out.

Season five would have had to have been a time skip at least to get him through college instead of continuing to use the campus as a crutch for storyline telling. Granted, that was supposed to be the purpose of season four, but reverted right back to Stansfield.

I always wonder what the original plan for Saxe’s death as it obviously wasn’t meant to be Red’s character.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Why Monet death scene look like the Mary dance...
yes-swag.gif

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That’s not entirely true as he wasn’t exactly forthcoming with the information to her that Tasha was the one who shot her and even went along with the Monet and Cane's plan to take out their own family about it.

Another missed opportunity from the writers that Monet never found out the truth before she died.
That nikka lied to monet a lot :russ: