Power Book II: GHOST Season 4 Thread (The FINAL Season Is Two Parts & Debuts On STARZ June 7th & September 6th)

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
You might be on to something, but you want to go into detail? :lupe:

Nothing crazy, it’s just that he was the only main character outside of Tariq that was around during the early days of OG Power, plus he knew everything about the St. Patrick’s.

So him being around kinda gave the show that slight aura that the OG Power had, when he died, that all went away.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
My main disappointment with the show is how there has been zero character development for Tariq, dude is basically a side character in his own show. Since season 1 him and Brayden have no soldiers or crew, no plug, no money, etc. The whole point, which the writers did kind of build on from the start was for Tariq to get through college, get his inheritance, and take care of his family and, learn what Ghost was really trying to tell him early on. He has barely progressed as a character if at all, now the inheritance shyt doesn't even matter anymore and him being in college is another pointless arc. I thought they were finally going somewhere with him and Brayden with those final 2 episodes last season but they back at square one and the series finale is this Friday. So at the end of the day what was the fukking point? Ghost was right all along but we been knew that since OG Power.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Nothing crazy, it’s just that he was the only main character outside of Tariq that was around during the early days of OG Power, plus he knew everything about the St. Patrick’s.

So him being around kinda gave the show that slight aura that the OG Power had, when he died, that all went away.

I feel that. I was starting to get tired of Saxe near the end of the original series, which is why I loved Warner so much. It's like he spoke for the audience because he understood how dangerous and incompetent Saxe was.

I thought it was interesting that they made him somewhat more of an ally in Book II, but it feels like his only purpose was to create drama. Even after he died, he was directly responsible for the war.

My main disappointment with the show is how there has been zero character development for Tariq, dude is basically a side character in his own show. Since season 1 him and Brayden have no soldiers or crew, no plug, no money, etc. The whole point, which the writers did kind of build on from the start was for Tariq to get through college, get his inheritance, and take care of his family and, learn what Ghost was really trying to tell him early on. He has barely progressed as a character if at all, now the inheritance shyt doesn't even matter anymore and him being in college is another pointless arc. I thought they were finally going somewhere with him and Brayden with those final 2 episodes last season but they back at square one and the series finale is this Friday. So at the end of the day what was the fukking point? Ghost was right all along but we been knew that since OG Power.

The show stopped caring about Tariq's character development after season one. When he started saying ridiculous shyt like "My mom was the brains of the operation, my dad ruined everything," that's when I knew they weren't going to do anything meaningful with his character. Four seasons in and he still doesn't understand that killing Ghost was a mistake.

Beyond that, they've taken away what made the show work. Tariq by himself isn't a very interesting character. His actions disgusted people, but looking at OG Power, he was flat as a board. He just complained about Ghost and worried about Tasha all the time. This show gave him people to play off of. Brayden was his best friend, Effie was his girlfriend, Cane was his enemy and his rival. It helped make him more interesting and his relationships provided some of the show's best material. Cane and Brayden don't have their dynamic without Tariq.

Then what happens? Tariq breaks up with Effie (big mistake), the war starts, Effie and Cane start dating (big mistake). Now, Tariq only has Brayden to play off of and they both seem tired. Cane and Brayden don't interact anymore, Effie loses purpose as a character, Diana tries to fill Effie's shoes and she's not interesting to watch. This makes Tariq uninteresting by extension and now, he has no purpose either. The show had this special sauce that was working for three seasons, then they started removing key ingredients and adding in things that don't taste as good.

To keep it simple, season four is what I was afraid the show would be when it first premiered.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

I also hated how they continuously missed on the chance/arc to have him admit that he understood the choices his father had to make etc etc etc