POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not sure anymore. I think Trump’s cult of personality is just that strong. He just occupies a weird place in popular culture, where was cool generic rich guy that occasionally popped up in movies & shows. I don’t know if we’ll ever see another figure uniquely suited to have basically 3 decades of fame and a virtual blank slate for people to graft onto.

This. Trump’s three decades of celebrity plays just as big a part as white grievance politics in making MAGA what it is today.

That’s what wanna be politicians like DeSantis don’t understand. He can’t get away with the same shyt Trump because unfortunately, Americans worship celebrities. They are our nobility class.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
I don’t understand anything anymore. How on earth does a guy w/ 3 1/2 pending (I
Don’t really count NY) get a National tv interview? He’s actively saying what he’ll do if he wins, and these people are determined to give him free air time.

I believe Bragg's case was always going to basically be a prerequisite to establish a pattern of criminality for Leticia's eventual financial fraud case (Rico? :lupe:).

The people in charge of linear media are either stubborn or stupid. They are always late to the party and learned nothing since bloggers put newspapers out of business. You can see how deesperate they are to keep boomers tuning in because they've been lost the digital space.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I dunno man...I think there's a good chance MAGA dies with trump. Don't forget that MAGA is really nothing but the Tea Party with a more "charismatic" leader.

I'm not saying that it isn't weakening the GOP. Absolutely creating some major fault lines etc. But parties have gone through ups and downs, coalitions shift, old leaders fall away and new ones emerge.

MAGA is what the Tea Partiers (the grassroots) actually wanted and thus much more virulent than the Tea Party itself.

When the Koch Brothers funded the Tea Party, they were focusing on economic/fiscal issues. But the grassroots (the base) have never really been fiscal conservatives, especially when they witnessed the actual results of the neo-liberal era on their lives.

What Donald Trump did, at least as a candidate, was eschew the fiscally conservative focus that the billionaire class was trying to impose on the grassroots, and to focus on the culture war issues (immigration, racial grievance, etc.) that the grassroots actually cared about.

The Tea Party (especially the fiscal/economic side) is who the GOP elites wanted the base to be. MAGA is who they actually were, and thus will never die in entirety.