Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:mjlol:

Timmmmmmmmyyyyyyy :usure:

:sas2:

Tim Scott suggests opponents are planting stories about his unmarried status​

The senator from South Carolina has been slowly rising in early-state polls in the Republican presidential contest.​

Sept. 7, 2023, 7:09 PM EDT
RYE, N.H. — Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, a Republican presidential candidate, suggested at a Thursday campaign stop in New Hampshire that recent headlines about his relationship status were the result of his opponents’ planting stories.

Scott’s relationship status garnered renewed interest last week, when Axios published an article suggesting some conservative Republican donors were concerned about his unmarried status.

Scott was asked about the report Thursday during a visit to Lago’s Ice Cream alongside New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu.

“People plant stories that have conversations to distract from our rise in the polls, to distract from our size of our audience,” Scott said. “What we’ve seen is that poll after poll says that the voters don’t care, but it seems like opponents do care, and so media coverage that opponents plant — it’s OK. Good news is we just keep fighting the good fight.”

FILE - Republican presidential candidate Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., speaks during a town hall meeting, Thursday, Aug. 31, 2023, in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., a Republican presidential candidate, speaks at a town hall meeting in Oskaloosa, Iowa, on Aug. 31.Charlie Neibergall / AP file
Scott did not refer to a specific presidential rival in his answer.

Since he entered public office in 1995 as a member of the Charleston, South Carolina, City Council, Scott has never publicly dated, a fact that has distinguished him from many of his colleagues and political opponents.

James Buchanan was the only president who never married, according to the White House Historical Association, while Grover Cleveland was a bachelor as a candidate and got married after he was elected president.

In an interview with NBC News after his campaign launch in May, Scott did suggest he was actively dating.

“There’s always time for a great relationship with a wonderful woman, and I thank God that that is happening,” he said in May.

:gucci:

:mjpls:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

i assume this dude Rosenthal is some trump dikkeating, MAGA republican?

To be fair, I don't know anything about this guy. But I've said before, the Republican propensity to nominate lunatics could have a huge effect in the 24 Senate race.

None of the swing or purplish states are GOP guaranteed if they keep nominating the Blake Masters/Herschel Walker types.
Tester also has already beaten Rosendale.

@MAKAVELI25 to keep it simple Sheehy is considered a Moderate/Classical Republican, former Navy SEAL and founded/CEO's a Aerospace Business for Aerial Firefighting/Wildfire stuff; the perfect person to run against Testor.

Rosenthal is the MAGA Republican.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I gotta give the GOP this: When they lose and know they have to change, they at least try to pivot to new ground or change strategies and aren't afraid to adopt new messaging. We had people kicking and screaming to not say "defund the police" :snoop:

GOP Reportedly Trying to Find More Palatable Ways to Say They Oppose Reproductive Freedom \

Republicans are trying to find a new term for ‘pro-life’ to stave off more electoral losses