POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

br82186

Superstar
Daps
desantis obviously loses michigan, and probably loses PA, but he obviously wins georgia. he likely wins arizona; mccain republicans go RIGHT back to voting republican. then he just has to win wisconsin or virginia, the states that elect ron johnson and glenn youngkin, and he beats biden. desantis might win nevada too, we just booted our liberal p*ssy governor last year and replaced him with a republican

if trump dropped dead tomorrow, its something to think about :dead: biden is the weakest incumbent we'll see in our lifetimes. unless kamala takes over in 2027 :mjlol:
He ain't winning VA breh, they voted for Biden and Hilary the past two elections and like I said only reason why Younkin won was because NoVa didn't come out and the dem. running against him was dog shyt and a Clinton disciple

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
desantis obviously loses michigan, and probably loses PA, but he obviously wins georgia. he likely wins arizona; mccain republicans go RIGHT back to voting republican. then he just has to win wisconsin or virginia, the states that elect ron johnson and glenn youngkin, and he beats biden. desantis might win nevada too, we just booted our liberal p*ssy governor last year and replaced him with a republican

if trump dropped dead tomorrow, its something to think about :dead: biden is the weakest incumbent we'll see in our lifetimes. unless kamala takes over in 2027 :mjlol:

DeSantis has better chance of winning PA/WI than NV. He has no chance of winning VA. Biden only won PA by little over 80K votes.

VA is as blue as FL/OH is red.

To be honest Biden is probably the strongest viable candidate for the Dems nowadays. The advantage he brings is that I think he's still relatively popular among the wishy washy "moderate/independent" anti trump type voters. Will some of them gravitate back to the right wing if DeSantis is the candidate? Absolutely. But I don't think he will lost all of them. That will help in places like PA.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
DeSantis has better chance of winning PA/WI than NV. He has no chance of winning VA. Biden only won PA by little over 80K votes.

VA is as blue as FL/OH is red.

To be honest Biden is probably the strongest viable candidate for the Dems nowadays. The advantage he brings is that I think he's still relatively popular among the wishy washy "moderate/independent" anti trump type voters. Will some of them gravitate back to the right wing if DeSantis is the candidate? Absolutely. But I don't think he will lost all of them. That will help in places like PA.

As someone who is from PA and still has fam back in PA, there's little chance of DeSantis winning PA. Trump lost 120k voters between 2016 and 2020 in PA, and his policies were soundly rejected in 2022 by Mastriano and Dr. New Jersey being trounced. Mini-Me and his fascism isn't going to make up as much ground as people think.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who is from PA and still has fam back in PA, there's little chance of DeSantis winning PA. Trump lost 120k voters between 2016 and 2020 in PA, and his policies were soundly rejected in 2022 by Mastriano and Dr. New Jersey being trounced. Mini-Me and his fascism isn't going to make up as much ground as people think.

Trump lost votes because he is trump. People hate/distrust him personally. DeSantis might be a trump clone in terms of policy, but as bad as he is, the voters trump lost probably aren't as personally revolted by him in the same way.

What you should take away from 2020 is that even though by that point we knew trump was a traitor, third world corrupt, a wannabe dictator, a white nationalist, responsible for untold thousands of needless COVID deaths, impeached, a serial sexual predator, cavorted with child molesters, racist and incompetent....that he still came within 80K votes (out of almost 7,000,000 total cast) of winning PA.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Trump lost votes because he is trump. People hate/distrust him personally. DeSantis might be a trump clone in terms of policy, but as bad as he is, the voters trump lost probably aren't as personally revolted by him in the same way.

What you should take away from 2020 is that even though by that point we knew trump was a traitor, third world corrupt, a wannabe dictator, a white nationalist, responsible for untold thousands of needless COVID deaths, impeached, a serial sexual predator, cavorted with child molesters, racist and incompetent....that he still came within 80K votes (out of almost 7,000,000 total cast) of winning PA.

Trump was also going up against The Republican Boogeyman (Hillary) in 2016. Lot more people hate Hillary than like Trump among repubs.

Daps
Arizona attracted a bunch of big-city educated workers over the past decade, so it's purple and winnable in any election at this point. Practically all of Maricopa County is suburbs full of those types now, and there isn't a big rural population like in other states (and a lot of that rural pop is Indigenous).

NV's moving right, but AZ's moving left. Mark Kelly didn't have any issues winning re-election to the Senate, which should be a big sign about that state.

VA appears to have buyer's remorse on Youngkin from what I see.

MI/VA are probably blue. PA/WI are purple, but PA's at least a GotV state where the Dems just need to get everyone in Philly (and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh) out. GA and AZ are genuinely moving into purple status because of educated suburban voters.

And the big wild card is abortion access because that almost caused the Dems to keep the House and helped them keep the Senate during a midterm with a Dem president. Republicans have turned everything into a cultural war. The economy still matters, but way less than it did. It's primarily cultural and social as the main voting driver, now.