POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
His appeal is being a more "moderate" voice that can unite people compared to the rest of the clowns in the Republican Clown Car that are running.

The primary reason Trump and DeSantis are leading the Republican polls is because of their ability to own the libs and drive outrage.

What in the hell has Will Hurd (as well as Scott/Haley/Asa Hutchinson) seen since 2016 to tell them that the Republican base is looking for a unity candidate? And why would Democratic voters vote for a "normal Republican" when they can vote for an actual Democrat?

Everyone not named Trump or DeSantis who's already announced for the Republican primary is just setting money on fire.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been saying for over a year now the GOP should have hedged their bets on someone like Youngkin instead of Desantis. Youngkin is still a right-winger, but he doesn't act like a total lunatic ideologue. He did that CNN town hall a few months ago and actually appeared somewhat normal even if what he was saying was still right-wing nonsense. Desantis would have crashed and burned in that setting.

The obvious issue he'd have is getting out of the primary. I doubt he'd get much if any of the MAGA vote, especially after he went out of his way to distance himself from Trump during his governor's race.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I've been saying for over a year now the GOP should have hedged their bets on someone like Youngkin instead of Desantis. Youngkin is still a right-winger, but he doesn't act like a total lunatic ideologue. He did that CNN town hall a few months ago and actually appeared somewhat normal even if what he was saying was still right-wing nonsense. Desantis would have crashed and burned in that setting.

The obvious issue he'd have is getting out of the primary. I doubt he'd get much if any of the MAGA vote, especially after he went out of his way to distance himself from Trump during his governor's race.

Youngkin's background in private equity might be a liability in a general. Think what the Obama campaign did to Romney in 2012, but Biden would be even more effective at parodying Youngkin because Biden speaks more like an an everyman and seems less like an elite than Obama. Amtrak Joe may just be an affectation, but Biden uses it very effectively.

Also, as you were saying, anything Youngkin would have to do or say to make it out of a Republican primary would make him unpalatable for a general.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The primary reason Trump and DeSantis are leading the Republican polls is because of their ability to own the libs and drive outrage.

What in the hell has Will Hurd (as well as Scott/Haley/Asa Hutchinson) seen since 2016 to tell them that the Republican base is looking for a unity candidate? And why would Democratic voters vote for a "normal Republican" when they can vote for an actual Democrat?

Everyone not named Trump or DeSantis who's already announced for the Republican primary is just setting money on fire.
They might be running to increase their national profile, in order to get cabinet positions or tv spots. I think Trump ran initially just to start his own tv network (if I remember correctly).

Daps

It's interesting. There are "moderate" Republicans who want to run in that lane, but they can't get out of a primary. Their strategy is to be there when the party realizes that it has to moderate, so they can immediately be viable candidates.

It's like none of them understand that the snapback's not coming. They pushed things too far to win immediate power and now their party is all extremists. What is Will Hurd's plan for winning a GOP primary, exactly? It's nonsense. He's got the mentality for winning in a purple district, not winning a national race.

Look, they had a chance to moderate after POTUS Obama rolled Mitt, and they went way right instead. They're all in on either breaking the system and taking power illegally forever, or dying. There's no middle ground for moderation left anymore.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
FueY5ehXgAA530s

:dead:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I look forward to these two on a debate stage.

I don't think they can send Christie for Trump's head. Christie annihilated Lil' Marco, but so did a water bottle.

DeSantis better dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge sharing a debate stage with Trump.

I don't think Ron makes it to the debate stage sadly(thankfully)

:mjlol:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת