POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Only way Trump loses is if Desantis and the GOP take a page out of the DNC/Biden playbook and Voltron together ASAP to block him.

And wow, that Indian candidate with the actual Indian name doesn't even get a listing yet? He gotta be punching air.

This is what they SHOULD do but won't. Trump won the 2016 nomination with 45% of total GOP delegates, but for much of the early process he was winning states with 25-35% of the vote. There was no logical reason for there to be nearly 20 candidates that year, and it clearly helped Trump win. There's too much hubris but if the party had any sense they'd be pressuring people not to run. This should really boil down to:

-Trump
-DeSantis
-Nikki Haley (woman)
-Scott (black)
-Indian guy (Indian)
-Hogan or Sununu (moderate)
-Pence
-Pompeo (foreign policy)

Eight people, at the most, although even that is too much IMO. I get that there will be a moderate running but let's be reality: whoever it is will bomb out quick. This is an extremist party, there is no room for blue state republican governors. Pence running makes sense on paper but again, this is an extremist party and he is basically Judas in their eyes. He's not going to win shyt. Pompeo won't win shyt. Indian Guy won't win shyt, although he's worth 500mil so you know why he'll be there. There's an incentive to have the other diverse people on there too (Haley and Scott). But this is gonna come down to Trump v DeSantis, and anyone else who runs is simply lowering the win threshold for Trump, which helps him.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This is what they SHOULD do but won't. Trump won the 2016 nomination with 45% of total GOP delegates, but for much of the early process he was winning states with 25-35% of the vote. There was no logical reason for there to be nearly 20 candidates that year, and it clearly helped Trump win. There's too much hubris but if the party had any sense they'd be pressuring people not to run. This should really boil down to:

-Trump
-DeSantis
-Nikki Haley (woman)
-Scott (black)
-Indian guy (Indian)
-Hogan or Sununu (moderate)
-Pence
-Pompeo (foreign policy)

Eight people, at the most, although even that is too much IMO. I get that there will be a moderate running but let's be reality: whoever it is will bomb out quick. This is an extremist party, there is no room for blue state republican governors. Pence running makes sense on paper but again, this is an extremist party and he is basically Judas in their eyes. He's not going to win shyt. Pompeo won't win shyt. Indian Guy won't win shyt, although he's worth 500mil so you know why he'll be there. There's an incentive to have the other diverse people on there too (Haley and Scott). But this is gonna come down to Trump v DeSantis, and anyone else who runs is simply lowering the win threshold for Trump, which helps him.
republican primary is winner take all on delagates

A race with even a field as small as desantis v trump v pence v scott is enough for Trump to take the delagate lead if not outright win it going into the convention.

Its why you see so much more scrutiny from the mainstream media about the people running besides trump or desantis they are all essentially playing spoiler and the longer they stay in the more they break up the voter base for a Trump win.

Its hard because most republicans nowadays are not country and party first vs wanting to personally enrich themselves with a highly publicized presidential run to get name recognition. This race is gonna be about how much influence big donors have in politics

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
i dont even think trump is man enough to get on a primary debate stage. not only does he have nothing to gain, but he's so vulnerable that signing this pledge will look "weak" to his supporters :mjlol:

i mean what does he have to gain by debating other republicans, except risking being called a loser? :laff:

Trump's word is meaningless, so he's gonna do his own thing no matter the outcome.

And his ego won't allow him to miss the chance for free airtime to knock his Mini-Me down a few pegs.

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
for the record, that was a fukkin joke :dead:

i just found out that tim scott never even won a primary, nimrata appointed him in 2013. i always wondered why/how he even is a SC senator

You were joking but I wasn't.

His lack of a resume is to his advantage here. Nimrata's run isn't a serious one, she's essentially running to be the nominee's VP and the rest of the potential field like Pence and Pompeo have zero electability.
Tim Scott got a lot of SC local known baggage that would hurt him HEAVILY if he gets on the big stage. Same with what’s going on with Nimrata. I seriously seriously doubt he runs for anything.

EL-23.jpg

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tim Scott got a lot of SC local known baggage that would hurt him HEAVILY if he gets on the big stage. Same with what’s going on with Nimrata. I seriously seriously doubt he runs for anything.
i dont even get his angle, because all the DC republicans would NEVER go against trump. all the cruz, rubio types who usually run for president are nowhere to be found. so who the fukk is gassing up tim scott? :dead:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
republican primary is winner take all on delagates

A race with even a field as small as desantis v trump v pence v scott is enough for Trump to take the delagate lead if not outright win it going into the convention.

Its why you see so much more scrutiny from the mainstream media about the people running besides trump or desantis they are all essentially playing spoiler and the longer they stay in the more they break up the voter base for a Trump win.

Its hard because most republicans nowadays are not country and party first vs wanting to personally enrich themselves with a highly publicized presidential run to get name recognition. This race is gonna be about how much influence big donors have in politics

Lot of them will be running to sell books and get on Fox News. I saw Nikki Haley pimping her book over the weekend, when asked about her role in the Trump administration. And that's more important to them than stopping Trump because let's face it...many of them don't have a problem with Trump. Even Pence can barely utter a bad word about the man, after he essentially tried to get him killed on Jan 6th.

I like the winner-take-all set up but there's a clear advantage to Trump. Think about the way he's gonna dominate the debates, speak more than everyone, receive more follow ups and rebuttals, receive the most media coverage etc. I'd imagine a few candidates will bow out after Iowa and/or NH in early February 2024, but there could easily still be ten candidates in this going into the second or third batch of primaries which continues to help Trump. This could be virtually over before Florida (March 19th) barring some historic collapse or scandal. Then again, when has a scandal ever stopped Trump with republicans.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Only way Trump loses is if Desantis and the GOP take a page out of the DNC/Biden playbook and Voltron together ASAP to block him.

And wow, that Indian candidate with the actual Indian name doesn't even get a listing yet? He gotta be punching air.

I just don't believe an Indian man can convince the American public that he can be more bigoted and harmful than a white man to minorities even if he is.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I just don't believe an Indian man can convince the American public that he can be more bigoted and harmful than a white man to minorities even if he is.

GOP has its own pendulums, they're due a "We want to show we're not racist" candidate at some point. Or even better the "If the brown guy does it then that proves it's not racist when I do it" candidate. Definitely not the 2024 cycle though.

I'd never heard of this Ramaswamy character before he announced his presidential run, but he comes off as a goofball. His entire public face seems to be:

1. Woke is bad
2. Critical race theory is bad
3. Meritocracy kicks ass
4. Corporations should focus on maximizing profits and nothing else
5. Stop the victimhood

Apparently, being young, rich, and repeating those lines in regular Tucker Carlson appearances is enough to make you believe Americans would vote for you?

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

And judging by how "eager" Haley and Tim Scott were to try to talk about what differentiates them from Trump.....Voltron ain't happening.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

another episode where the worst cultists dig in harder, while he bleeds more and more republicans who are finished with this loser's bullshyt :mjlol:

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
"Charges are imminent"
"Here's what our experts think will happen..."
"We got him this time!"

Man these people need to stfu until the shyt actually happens. I'm trying not to be pessimistic but I remember all that "individual 1" talk from the Russia investigation that all went nowhere and this has that same feeling for me.