*posts up for dan lebatard radio show*

Billy Preston

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black hockey fan showdown :blessed:

Dan was right in his assessment of Roy in that he leaks confidence. I follow Roy on Twitter and he tweets all the damn time, to a point where I had to mute him. He has opinions on everything and will mix it up with fans quite often. Such a contrast to him being reluctant to talk on the show. Hopefully, they do more showdowns like this with Roy. Was fun to listen to.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Dan was right in his assessment of Roy in that he leaks confidence. I follow Roy on Twitter and he tweets all the damn time, to a point where I had to mute him. He has opinions on everything and will mix it up with fans quite often. Such a contrast to him being reluctant to talk on the show. Hopefully, they do more showdowns like this with Roy. Was fun to listen to.
why doesn't he talk much on the show? is that an act? dude looks like a fukkin weirdo half the time, no facial expressions, limited laughter, lack of interaction.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Dan has had this convo about leaving ESPN and FS1 only about 100 million times before

:francis:
you are right dan has overdone this topic over the years but at least they snuck in some SHether for Michelle Beadle and her ego.:mjlol:

I noticed this to because people would be shocked to find out Roy tweets as much as Bomani. Bomani always talks so that's no surprise he tweets a lot too especially since he wants to cover non sports topics online but many people who watch this show wouldn't even recognize Roy's voice. I don't know why Roy doesn't talk more but when they called him out for messing up Stugotz reads I had a feeling he would fall back even more than he normally does from the mic because he needs to make sure his job gets done right.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you are right dan has overdone this topic over the years but at least they snuck in some SHether for Michelle Beadle and her ego.:mjlol:

I noticed this to because people would be shocked to find out Roy tweets as much as Bomani. Bomani always talks so that's no surprise he tweets a lot too especially since he wants to cover non sports topics online but many people who watch this show wouldn't even recognize Roy's voice. I don't know why Roy doesn't talk more but when they called him out for messing up Stugotz reads I had a feeling he would fall back even more than he normally does from the mic because he needs to make sure his job gets done right.

Roy has never spoken much guys...that's the show his limited input/talk is usually gold. Roy does a lot behind the scenes...my
Man used to work for 790 for free lol he's a good dude YouTube roys top 10

Billy Preston

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why doesn't he talk much on the show? is that an act? dude looks like a fukkin weirdo half the time, no facial expressions, limited laughter, lack of interaction.

Like Dan says, he just leaks confidence in himself. I remember last year during the local hour, he asked Roy to do a breakdown on the Panthers and it was terrible. All Roy did was read off a bunch of Panthers stats off his computer. When Roy was done, Dan was like "Roy that was terrible!" :scust:

Roy said something along the lines of "I'm not good at long form speaking. I'm better in short spurts". That was the first time I heard Dan and the crew address Roy's self confidence. Dan was like, it's not that you aren't good at speaking for extended periods of time, it's more of a confidence issue. Dan said they would give Roy more reps to get his confidence up, but they haven't really done much outside of yesterdays show.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard a couple people say Guillermo didn't really come out of his shell until last year. It started with him ranting on Don Mattinigtly and from there he just become more vocal in general on the show.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Like Dan says, he just leaks confidence in himself. I remember last year during the local hour, he asked Roy to do a breakdown on the Panthers and it was terrible. All Roy did was read off a bunch of Panthers stats off his computer. When Roy was done, Dan was like "Roy that was terrible!" :scust:

Roy said something along the lines of "I'm not good at long form speaking. I'm better in short spurts". That was the first time I heard Dan and the crew address Roy's self confidence. Dan was like, it's not that you aren't good at speaking for extended periods of time, it's more of a confidence issue. Dan said they would give Roy more reps to get his confidence up, but they haven't really done much outside of yesterdays show.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard a couple people say Guillermo didn't really come out of his shell until last year. It started with him ranting on Don Mattinigtly and from there he just become more vocal in general on the show.
you keep saying leaks...leaks as in oozes (has a lot) or leaks as in lacks? i'd be able to tell if i had any insight into who roy is :francis:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Question for someone that listened to the show pre-ESPN radio. Has Stugotz ever gone off before because Dan took the "beat up on Stugotz" bit too far?

i seem to remember one or two episodes where stu seemed legit angry/wanting to leave because of Dan. but i'm not sure if it was 100 percent real or not. i wouldn't be surprised if it was. dan can be too much at times. and stugotz obviously isn't THAT dumb considering where he finds himself these days in the ESPN empire.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps

Yeah, one day Billy just went in on Mattingly and Dan was like where did that come from?

Seems like he's been apart of the fukkery every since.

Mike Ryan is the best person besides Dan & Stu. The DDOD after work getting a cocktail is Indic the funniest things I ever heard on the show. His Gruden gets me every time too :laff: