*posts up for dan lebatard radio show*

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Same here man. Just can't take it anymore. I know Dan has some deep emotions involved with this especially since his family is from there but man its just getting to a point where he not really saying anything different and just repeating himself.

Yeah.. . I can't. . . He's made his points. It seems like he doesn't even know what else to say . And usually he has fodder for days.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Dan is just stuck at the nexus between the old guard and the new. Younger Cubans in Miami are moving on and realizing the embargo hasn't helped anything and want to try something different. They want a relationship with their homeland and want things to improve for people there. The abuelos & abuelas are just old and stubborn. He's too old to let that hurt go and look for progress. It's the grandchildren of exiles that are ready to move on, not the kids. So he's carrying his mom's grief and losing perspective.

The worst part is that the older guard has no solution, other than waiting for the Castros to die.

And I've been to Havana. I had to leave after a few days because it was so depressing. I'm glad Obama is doing this, because the people need a lot of help. A lot of them are brainwashed now, because of the embargo closing them off to Western culture and education. We've been demonized, so half the people are pro-Castro. The Cuban people need this new approach.
Isn't this almost the Cuban version of New-Black versus the older black generation. As a black man I refuse to tell another culture group of people about wrongs they have believed they have suffered. I look at it the same as white people telling us to get over slavery or all the racism that has occurred over the years.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
@threattonature

How many African political prisoners has Cuba taken in under Castro ?

Assata is still there right? Haven't they refused to surrender her?

Didn't Fidel send troops to Angola to help combat the racism there?

The atrocities are horrific from the regime, yet it appears there's some missing nuance in the discussion. ..

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Isn't this almost the Cuban version of New-Black versus the older black generation. As a black man I refuse to tell another culture group of people about wrongs they have believed they have suffered. I look at it the same as white people telling us to get over slavery or all the racism that has occurred over the years.
You're right. Cubans hold onto the Castro stuff like they're holocausts survivors. Some, including Dan, even call him their Hitler. So there's no use in arguing their pain. And I respect their opinions on it. It's actually a lot of white people, particularly Canadians, out here trying to downplay older Cubans' feelings.

@threattonature

Didn't Fidel send troops to Angola to help combat the racism there?

The atrocities are horrific from the regime, yet it appears there's some missing nuance in the discussion. ..
Cuba sends troops and medical workers to allies because it's their only real capital. They don't have much to trade in the world market, so they trade labor in disaster areas for goods and $$$. That's why Cuban doctors will go to earthquake sites and stuff like that.

I don't think much nuance is needed. That press conference yesterday lets you know where it is. The Castros are pieces of shyt, but access to education, access to the Internet, and economic development can be made around them and beyond their lives. And that will empower the youngest generations to rise up and create change.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eh...

I understand the people who don't like it but I think it's an important counter-narrative to be told while everyone else is focused on the opening of arms as two counties welcome each other in and Dan's in a unique place to give that counter-narrative voice. And in times of sound bites, headlines & hot takes, to hear this nuanced opinion where he even admits the understands the logic of changing relations and the promise that might bring but that his emotions betray that logic is refreshing.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any video to last nights show. I really wanna know his views on the whole game being played right now in Cuba?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dan is just stuck at the nexus between the old guard and the new. Younger Cubans in Miami are moving on and realizing the embargo hasn't helped anything and want to try something different. They want a relationship with their homeland and want things to improve for people there. The abuelos & abuelas are just old and stubborn. He's too old to let that hurt go and look for progress. It's the grandchildren of exiles that are ready to move on, not the kids. So he's carrying his mom's grief and losing perspective.

The worst part is that the older guard has no solution, other than waiting for the Castros to die.

And I've been to Havana. I had to leave after a few days because it was so depressing. I'm glad Obama is doing this, because the people need a lot of help. A lot of them are brainwashed now, because of the embargo closing them off to Western culture and education. We've been demonized, so half the people are pro-Castro. The Cuban people need this new approach.

When did you go to Havana and where did you go/stay?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll put it like this for those that may not be too knowledgeable on Cuba its history with the USA and the people today in Miami and those in Havana for example....

I can understand both sides. There's really no right answer. It's a really complicated issue

Like someone said asking Dan lebatard and his family to ignore history and be pro Obama and the baseball game is like telling blacks here to forget slavery.

It's like the civil rights movement in the USA didn't happen long ago and neither did the revolution in Cuba, and the effects of it still last.

People in Cuba or exiles like like those in Miami won't forget or forgive he Castros so obviously they can't like what's going on right now even if it looks like a positive thing from our perspective we can't understand what they're feeling.

On another note,

I think Cubans IN CUBA are more pro themselves and value their history and all it stands for more than they "hate" the USA.

Actually most of the younger generation love Usa and aspects of our culture despite our govt being vilified or capitalism being bad, etc....

But you can't just throwaway alL their history for 1 baseball game. Nothing will change overnight. You can't force it.

Some of you are thinking that way. Saying its been "50 years" so it's time for change.

This is just the beginning.

But overall it's good because

both countries can benifit from learning from eachother and that's why stuff like what Obama is doing and the baseball game is a step in the right direction.

But trying to change Cuba overnight? It ain't gonna happen. It shouldn't happen. There's to many factors involved. It'll end up bad.

Yea, Cuba has problems and needs help but let's not act like USA doesn't have its own problems.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Arewe going to discuss how Lebatard is wrong on his Cuba stance?

So no relations or progress should be made because certain people were hurt by Castro decades ago.

I truly don't understand how this perspective makes sense to anything.

And people bringing up Germany have a legitimate point that Dan keeps dismissing off top cause Hitler isn't in charge anymore

The embargo didn't help the Cuban people either and they are fine with it staying that way:dahell:

I think Dan's point was about how people shouldn't think every cuban should be happy or is happy with this new US/Cuba relationship. He's just saying there's a bunch of his people still scarred about what happened and they are not going to join no damn party.

Considering how his mother was treated and coming from a country that suffered the wrath of a disgusting dictatorship, I have no problem with Dan's stance. I haven't heard him say that this development in foreign relations is a bad thing, I've just heard him say that he isn't supporting anything a Castro does after what they did to his people :manny:

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
When did you go to Havana and where did you go/stay?
I went in 2013 and I stayed at some hotel like a block or two away from the Capitol building. Cubans couldn't stay there and could only be in the lobby. I ate at a few restaurants in the Area, visited some sights, walked around most of the downtown area, went to a mall and some shops/flea market type spots. Visited some smaller parts of town too. Those parts looked like the worst parts of DR. The people were great, but Havana looked like a war zone map in Call Of Duty. I don't get what people talk about when they say it has charm.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I miss the 1st half of the show...Was Dan crying cause I'm sure he was still talking about the Baseball game in Cuba