*posts up for dan lebatard radio show*

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Your ignorance is astounding. If you can't understand that there are (CUBAN) ppl that have a problem with America dealing with Castro, then there's no reason for me to even bother with this conversation. Good day.
And America not dealing with Castro did what for the Cuban people?

Dan is trying to explain a circumstance to non Cuban Americans and want us to sympathize with what they are feeling? And I will ask you since you are so good at internalizing everything he said. What did the Cuban Americans do once they gained power and influence for the Cuban people?

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Your ignorance is astounding. If you can't understand that there are (CUBAN) ppl that have a problem with America dealing with Castro, then there's no reason for me to even bother with this conversation. Good day.
The Cuban elite obviously have a problem with this read up breh

:smh:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
To add on to that, they're quick to bring up the atrocities during the Cuban Revolution but go mute when Batista's name is mentioned. I feel for them in a way but I refuse to disregard a lot of the wealthiest Cubans got up out the paint as soon as Castro took charge yet they were prospering during the Batista years
Exactly, Cuba was a dictatorship before Casto.

@FloorGeneral think for your damn self

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
You just repeated exactly what Dan stated.

My point is what are they accomplishing by wanting the US to not have anything to do Cuba and how does he expect us to relate to or understand the Old Cuban sentiment.

He is wrong because he keeps speaking on how this is not a reason to celebrate because some people got kicked out of the country 50 years ago:what:

While ignoring what Obama is doing in Cuba is a damn good reason for Americans to be proud.

And lets be all the real and this is why Dans explaining falls flat.

The Cubans got to Miami got power and became the most racist conservative block in America.

So basically they became what they claim to despise. (keeping power in the family, resisting change and hating people because their different)
Dan is just stuck at the nexus between the old guard and the new. Younger Cubans in Miami are moving on and realizing the embargo hasn't helped anything and want to try something different. They want a relationship with their homeland and want things to improve for people there. The abuelos & abuelas are just old and stubborn. He's too old to let that hurt go and look for progress. It's the grandchildren of exiles that are ready to move on, not the kids. So he's carrying his mom's grief and losing perspective.

The worst part is that the older guard has no solution, other than waiting for the Castros to die.

And I've been to Havana. I had to leave after a few days because it was so depressing. I'm glad Obama is doing this, because the people need a lot of help. A lot of them are brainwashed now, because of the embargo closing them off to Western culture and education. We've been demonized, so half the people are pro-Castro. The Cuban people need this new approach.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
While I can understand his hate for the regime if the embargo wasn't working then why continue? He stated that Cuba looks exactly the same as it did 50 years ago but wants to continue an embargo that won't help the country evolve. Also, he stated that he would have no problem if Castro wasn't in power and I'm sitting here thinking that you live in a country that did these types of things to black people and the same government still runs shyt. I think he should have at least waited to see what the U.S was going to demand from Cuba in terms of civil rights before making this statement.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The worst part is that the older guard has no solution, other than waiting for the Castros to die.

And I've been to Havana. I had to leave after a few days because it was so depressing. I'm glad Obama is doing this, because the people need a lot of help. A lot of them are brainwashed now, because of the embargo closing them off to Western culture and education. We've been demonized, so half the people are pro-Castro. The Cuban people need this new approach.

:ehh:Interesting take.

As someone who doesn't have any firsthand interaction with any Exiled Cubans I was interested to hear's Dan's side but I didn't take it as gospel:manny:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*fires up Combat Jack*, no disrespect to his fam but I am done hearing him on this Cuba shyt

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
*fires up Combat Jack*, no disrespect to his fam but I am done hearing him on this Cuba shyt
Same here man. Just can't take it anymore. I know Dan has some deep emotions involved with this especially since his family is from there but man its just getting to a point where he not really saying anything different and just repeating himself.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Same here man. Just can't take it anymore. I know Dan has some deep emotions involved with this especially since his family is from there but man its just getting to a point where he not really saying anything different and just repeating himself.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if he got some Cuban baseball players/boxers to talk on his show and offer their perspective on it... Or maybe even go full wonkish and have some foreign policy guys on but it's just him stating the same thing over and over.