Pork Is UNCLEAN & GROSS :scust: (How Do Yall EAT Pigfeet & Chitlins?)

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah, everything in moderation. If you do eat pork , its better to boil then fry. And eat healthy cuts of the meat. Don't go have a pork roast thats 65% aft and gorge on the fat. The same can be said about all meat though. And be mindful where you shop for meat. Cheap meat is cheap for a reason :scust:
Yeah everything in moderation.
Nothing inherently wrong with frying, searing, curing, smoking or boiling pork. Its all protein, water, carbs, and fat. When you fry something you aren't filling it with grease either, what actually is happening if you have the oil at the right temp and not too low, is that you push moisture out the surface and the oil locks the rest in, so there isn't heavy oil absorbtion at all and it isn't super fatty, greasy, and unhealthy.

As for cuts, there are not unhealthy cuts, you have fatty cuts and lean cuts, its preference after that.

That said I agree with you, that is present in all meat and people need to look into their meat suppliers.
I'm pretty sure everyone has a local beef and pork farmer in their area, and you can buy a half, whole, or quarter hog or cow and get your meat with minimal processing and exactly how you want it at a cheaper unit price than going to the store, but people don't care.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
When I stopped by the little hood grocery store before thanksgiving some older lady stopped me was like "Did you see the deal that they had on chitlins?" :krs:

I can't do it man....nothing to do with religion or veg anything, just on the strength that whenever my grandmother would make these things the house smelled like a corpse. And then people seemingly have to drown it in hot sauce, it just doesn't seem worth the effort especially once you know exactly what it is.

Funk dat :hubie:
:salute:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Pigs are clean animals, actually, one of the cleaner animals. As for what they eat they do have an ability to survive by eating things people wouldn't eat, but the meat you get from a farm for food isn't feeding their pigs slop. They are getting corn feed to fatten up after a diet of mainly grain. So nah, what you think isn't the reality of situation. I know this being raised on a pig farm and my parents having a few pigs and cows

It's easier to tell a man pork is bad for you than tell him how to cook it right.
:wow:
Thread comes as im eating steak and bought some Bacon :ehh:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Source is actual science, when you consume meat the body doesn't recognize pork from beef, its protein, fat, carbs, and water. Depending on preparation the body's ability to breakdown and absorb the fat, carbs, protein, and water differ in rate, but over all the digestion average is going to be the same. There isn't a magic pork protein, water, fat and beef protein water and fat.

Stomach - Wikipedia

Small intestine - Wikipedia

-------------

If pork broke down fast, you wouldn't have cured pork meats like the types of salami (peporoni, porscuitto) cured ham and etc. Like I said before trich comes from the food they are given when they are alive, not by any inherent property in the meat of the pig.

trich
Trichinellosis Surveillance --- United States, 2002--2007

As for sweating, it is about cooling, not realsing toxins.
Can you sweat toxins out of your body? | UAMSHealth

Its commonly held myths and psuedoscience, not actual scientific fact.
It's pretty scary that people don't know simple concepts like these.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
:mjlol: @ this whole post.....

I eat meat and shyt 3 times a day.... and that post about asians and pork is so ridiculous that it doesn't deserve a real comment.....

Well, I guess what other people eat makes you shyt too then.
My post does not apply to *you* but it does to others.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I ain't fukking with Pig Feet,, Chitlins, Hamhocks and shyt like that....

But real bacon would be tough to give up. Especially that Wright's bacon or good jalapeño bacon... I've tried turkey bacon and that shyt is trash, taste like doggie treats or some shyt. I'd rather just give bacon up then to eat that shyt...

But who knows, I've already kinda quit eating steaks just because of how long it takes your body to break it down. And I can probably give up most pork products. But good bacon and the occasional bomb pulled pork sandwich ain't really gonna do much damage