Pop: Kawhi Was a Great Player, But He Wasn't a Leader or Anything

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Where is the Lie in what he said?

Kawhi ain't a leader, a good leader requires strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to talk and boost morale.

Kyle Lowry is more of a leader than Kawhi.
You do know there are different styles of leadership, and leadership doesn’t usually rely on one sole person?

Daps
:mjlol: Loser @Gil Scott-Heroin trying to rationalize his garbage :trash:hot takes.

giphy.gif

RedInsecureHoatzin-size_restricted.gif

@Rekkapryde @rbksNgirbauds come get your mans.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
I don't wanna sidetrack this thread but:

Lowry's peak is simply better because he's a far greater offensive player: one who has an extensive skillset, scoring from all over the floor, and creating in every situation, and has a greater understanding of when to shoot/pass than Kidd ever did - therefore, because of that he has more impact on that end. Now, this is important because if you're the main ball-handler (especially as a PG), the majority of your impact is going to be through what you provide offensively. Neither Kidd's playmaking or defense (which is marginal to say the least, considering Lowry is a great playmaker and defender in his own right) makes up the margin.

Kidd wouldn't be a top tier PG in today's game, so I don't know why you have a problem with me stating Lowry's better than him.

:hubie:
U tripping Gil. U clearly neva seen Kidd during those NJ years....

......as for Pop, RIP to yo wife and all, but shut the hell up. Pull ya skirt down, he ain't wanna play for u no more and he just wanted to moved on, oh well nikka. Bruh ain't made no scenes or spoke on u in a negative light not once, those little passive aggressive shots u can just keep to yoself. Cuz that exposes alot.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where is the Lie in what he said?

Kawhi ain't a leader, a good leader requires strong interpersonal skills, and willingness to talk and boost morale.

Kyle Lowry is more of a leader than Kawhi.
I don't understand the controversy here.
No lies were told and he wasn't trying to dig on him.
He just said for us he wasn't a leader probably he will develop that skill set with someone else.
I mean does anyone dispute this?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m glad Kawhi havin success in Toronto. This comment more proof the Spurs werent treating him fair. Getting mad at the doctors he chooses, Manu n Parker talking shyt to him about his injury, now this. Spurs fukked up. He ain’t said shyt since the trade but now Pop wanna throw shots at the man who got you that 5th chip. :aicmon:hope Kawhi win wins 5 more titles.:janice:

For the people sayin Kawhi quiet so he can’t lead, :timshades: was quiet too.

Good luck in Toronto Kawhi, keep balling out:salute:

Daps
U tripping Gil. U clearly neva seen Kidd during those NJ years.....
I've watched more games of his in person and on tape than every single poster on this board. He was part of my childhood. The problem here is, folks are using an idealized image of his play based on nostalgia rather than taking it for what it is, and exaggerating the blemishes of Lowry's game. But that's enough of that, we don't need to sidetrack another thread with this irrelevant shyt, especially since nikkas have already made up their minds.

:manny:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I dunno if
531887df8c772330af979bbcce539b58.png
would be cool with Bron getting all the spotlight over his nephew though. I can easily see some fukk shyt where he steers him towards the Clips. If the Raptors give him a front office job to keep Kawhi in Toronto, I can easily see that going down as well. I know :blessedmagic: got a backup plan knowing he can't put all of his chips on Kawhi next summer.

Two problems: if Kawhi/Uncle Dennis don’t want him competing with Bron’s star on the Lakers then signing with LAs second rank team might not be the move.

Lakers got enough spotlight to house several superstars so that shouldn’t be the issue for Kawhi. Plus, Bron is up there in age so he won’t share the team longer than a few years. He’ll have a squad with seasoned young players that are battle tested.

Either he stays in Toronto and rules over Canada or he joins the GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers. :blessed:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I’m glad Kawhi havin success in Toronto. This comment more proof the Spurs werent treating him fair. Getting mad at the doctors he chooses, Manu n Parker talking shyt to him about his injury, now this. Spurs fukked up. He ain’t said shyt since the trade but now Pop wanna throw shots at the man who got you that 5th chip. :aicmon:hope Kawhi win wins 5 more titles.:janice:

For the people sayin Kawhi quiet so he can’t lead, :timshades: was quiet too.

Good luck in Toronto Kawhi, keep balling out:salute:

Dawg.. Kawhi was being a bytch in San Antonio. He was cleared but he just wanted to play for another team. That's all it was

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
No lies was told...

Kawhi a great player but you got to baby and shield dude to much...an organization like Toronto that aint never won anything is willing to do that...an organization that has 5 chips and pretty much created the current nba model for offense, defense, scouting, front office...isn't...

That gif of Pop telling Parker to give Kawhi the ball is funny...but the thing I always wondered about is...why didn't Kawhi just go take the ball from Tony? Why was he content to let a washed up point guard at the end of his career run the show down the stretch?

People talking about what Pop said...David Robinson is probably one of the 10 nicest people to every play basketball and this dude spent most of last summer shytting on Kawhi...which is wild and goes to show you that just like it is obvious Kawhi aint really fukk with San Antonio like that outside of playing basketball...San Antonio aint really fukk with him like that outside of playing basketball...

I mean as a spurs fan I am watching the worse Spurs team I have ever seen...and I am watching the spurs former franchise player be the best player on probably the best team in the nba right now...and I...don't really care about it:francis:...I don't think I am going to care if/when this dude goes to the lakers either...and at no point in time in that whole process was I upset that the spurs were pretty much setting themselves back 2 to 4 years...Pop might not eve be the coach of this team by the time they are championship caliber again...

It's still wild to me that the Spurs never officially offered Kawhi ANY contract...

His whole situation wit his uncle and his agent and his old agent and getting sued is wild to...thats the type of shyt you find out about somebody and you be like "need to go ahead and delete this number"...

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
You do know there are different styles of leadership, and leadership doesn’t usually rely on one sole person?
Yes I agree, Kawhi could be a leader by example type. It wouldn't be good, but he'd be a leader.