‘Poor Things’ | Official Teaser | Searchlight Pictures (Dir. by Yorgos Lanthimos) [12/8]

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I enjoyed the movie. Emma Stone was great. The costumes and sets were good as well. Bella shoulders might be a hit this Halloween.

I thought the movie dragged a but at the whorehouse. I wish there was more tension and mystery when the husband enters the film. It was a long movie, so I understand its hard to balance Bella's adventure. A mini series would have been better but it would have been even longer and Id probably binge it so :manny:

I enjoyed all the weirdness. Felt like a good R rated Tim Burton movie. I understood the story of men no matter their relation trying to control a woman's sexuality.

The cgi sucked.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Just finished watching it on Hulu. So fukking good.
It felt like Wes Anderson meets Lars Von Trior, but better. I went in completely blind, which I think is probably the best way to expedience the movie. I had no real expectations, so I was pretty blown away how good it was. Emma Stone earned that Oscar for sure. Mark Ruffalo was great as well.

Mostly I'm just glad I chose to watch it alone
:huhldup:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Still watching it, piece by piece. The beginning is a little nasty, gruesome. I started watching it while trying to eat some lunch and it made me a little queasy

:pachaha:

I can tell why people would like this film though. What puzzles me is that more productions don’t take this approach to film creation, not that it has to end up like this particular piece of art but some of the techniques and cinematic effects done with the filming seem like they should be standard when it comes to designing and creating a cinematic piece of art.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
A whole lot of naked Emma Stone :russ:

But, it was an interesting way to tell a coming of age tale about a woman during those times and adding the Frankenstein flair to it.

I guess the lense used to show or relate these stories was meant to be awkward slightly, it’s compliments the oddities within the stories while hiding the basic storyline underneath.

Either way, was a good movie.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Mark Ruffalo is lowkey the best part of the movie. This nikka had me dying through the whole thing

mark-ruffalo-as-duncan-wedderburn-in-poor-things-v0-wwy85eoh5fgc1.jpeg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
In a few years, I predict that Emma Stone will regret ever making this film. I didn’t laugh not once, nor did I have some grand revelation about Bella finding her independence and strength as a woman. It’s just a gross film.
Regret a film that earned you your second Oscar brehs.

From a director you have 2 more upcoming films with brehs

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Last week, had a choice between seeing and Perfect Days

and just couldn't see this. Was thinking of the running time, and all the weird 17th century shyt, and I just couldn't. but, I did want to see in theaters for the visuals.

Daps
all the weird 17th century shyt, and I just couldn't. but, I did want to see in theaters for the visuals.
If you are into seeing the true visuals in the theater I would suggest a matinee. The only thing is that it is long at 2hrs 20 min. But on the bright side there probably won't be many in the theater at matinee and there are those Emma sex scenes.......
:shaq::shaq:

:russ:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Watched it last night, pretty neat film

Had me laughing hard at times, but it dragged on a bit towards the end and the cgi was a bit shocking in some parts