‘Poor Things’ | Official Teaser | Searchlight Pictures (Dir. by Yorgos Lanthimos) [12/8]

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Watched this yesterday, and I’m thinking that this is my movie of the year and my favorite Yorgos flick (seen every one besides the favorite). I also went in blind knowing nothing but that the film was directed by Yorgos and I was not disappointed.

This is like a distant cousin to Barbie in a way with the concepts at play here. The shyt is surprisingly hilarious throughout the film as well, with a bunch of weird scenes that you come to expect from Yorgos.

Acting here is great, they all did amazing, but the standouts to me are Emma Stone and Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo is funny as fukk, and Emma almost goes “Full retard” (shout out tropic thunder) in the beginning, but pulls it back as the film progresses, and really shines throughout the film.

The way everything is shot is unconventional (fish eye lenses, crazy panning shots in weird angles, settings, even the sky, etc.) and it fits the entire mood of the film, which is in some surreal alternative universe it seems.

Giving this a 9 to 9.5 out of 10. The 2 and a half hours blow by, but I need to rewatch Oppenheimer again to see if this really takes the crown
Spot on. Couldn’t agree more.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Watched the first 30 minutes at work…I don’t have the proper words to describe it but I think Yorgos might be the best director out right now.

The shyt he thinks of is :heh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it back in January but forgot to mention it in this thread. It made me think of a twisted version of Frankenstein (the book not 1931 film) mixed with a smidge of feminism from the Barbie movie

Daps
Story started to drag once they hit the cruise.
It did drag a bit but that last 10 minutes was just a WTF moment for me. I mean they concocted that whole scene from one chance encounter and I kept thinking after I left the theater that the time could have been spent with her and her Dad which would have made it better IMHO. But what do I know?