‘Poor Things’ | Official Teaser | Searchlight Pictures (Dir. by Yorgos Lanthimos) [12/8]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Saw this Friday. And yeah this was a movie.. not a bad one. But I was not expecting all of that.

and yeah
those sex scenes are uncomfortable as hell since she's a baby in a grown woman's body

But I can see where the director was going with this...wanted to mimic the stages of a girls life. :skip:

Out of a bunch of the arthouse flicks I've seen this year.. this had a decent amount of people in the showing.

been meaning to watch the directors other flicks so I'll probably get around to that next month.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought Barbie would take the title, but I think there’s no denying what Quentin Tarantino’s favorite film of 2023 is now. IYKYK. :skip:

Besides the rushed climax, I really enjoyed my time with this. Is it weird? 110%, and l love it for that. As freaky deaky as Emma Stone got in it, I still found it to be Yorgos’ most accessible film oddly enough. Would go see it again if I didn’t have to drive so far. Iger & Co. gotta do better than whatever this “wide” release was.

And as much as I’d like to see Emma win an Oscar for this, I think Gladstone still has it locked for now. But good lawd, was she fantastic in this.

Saw this Friday. And yeah this was a movie.. not a bad one. But I was not expecting all of that.

and yeah
those sex scenes are uncomfortable as hell since she's a baby in a grown woman's body

But I can see where the director was going with this...wanted to mimic the stages of a girls life. :skip:

Out of a bunch of the arthouse flicks I've seen this year.. this had a decent amount of people in the showing.

been meaning to watch the directors other flicks so I'll probably get around to that next month.
Bella’s mind is supposedly maturing really fast throughout the movie and it still weirded me out to see Duncan wooing her…

and outright having sex with someone who’s essentially 16 years old. :scust:

The transition from black and white into color with the act of Bella’s first sexual experience was well done though. I’ll give props there.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I thought Barbie would take the title, but I think there’s no denying what Quentin Tarantino’s favorite film of 2023 is now. IYKYK. :skip:

Besides the rushed climax, I really enjoyed my time with this. Is it weird? 110%, and l love it for that. As freaky deaky as Emma Stone got in it, I still found it to be Yorgos’ most accessible film oddly enough. Would go see it again if I didn’t have to drive so far. Iger & Co. gotta do better than whatever this “wide” release was.

And as much as I’d like to see Emma win an Oscar for this, I think Gladstone still has it locked for now. But good lawd, was she fantastic in this.

Bella’s mind is supposedly maturing really fast throughout the movie and it still weirded me out to see Duncan wooing her…

and outright having sex with someone who’s essentially 16 years old. :scust:

The transition from black and white into color with the act of Bella’s first sexual experience was well done though. I’ll give props there.
He back?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This movie could have been perfect but at the end it was very good. Easily the funniest white humor movie of 2023. Emma bodied this. From acting to dialogue. My pet peeve is white women with permanent dirty feet. Hate looking at that. My favorite line of this movie was by Emma
gotta go punch that baby
:dead:

The reason I can't give it a classic was because of this one section where she "changed professions". I was bored to death and did not want to see her "customers". And the Black people in this movie :camby:

But it picked up after that part. But the music, the different camera angles, funny dialogue, colors or lack thereof. Stellar. One of the best movies of 2023

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
this was Hollywood way of getting away with sick obsession of hsving sex with kids. Its not acceptable in movies anymore ao they found a clever way of doing it.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Seen it a few weeks back. Movie had potential to be a classic but it overplayed it's hand in that one section. Pretty tiring. Got right back to it afterwards though.

The OG
husband pulling out the strap on his servants had me falling out every time :dead:

Interesting experience nonetheless, dope cinematography and the humor was A1 most of the time.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
People saying they felt uncomfortable watching the sex scenes? I take you are not versed on French, German, Italian and Spanish cinema?
This was tame compared to many movies that came out already.

Daps
I saw this today. I was kind of meh on parts. I loved certain scenes - like when she was learning - and all of the dope shots. I also loved Ruffalo as I feel he killed it. But somewhere along the 3rd act as she got wiser I got bored and actually dozed for a minute at one point. I am glad i went to the theater to see this as the whole effect couldn't be captured on my small TV.