Polo Ralph Lauren

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: @ the shyt im reading
polo played out but denim and supply is hot.. denim and supply look like american eagle. swagless white devil shyt.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
chris-paul-let-me-explain-tour-premiere-ralph-lauren-denim-and-supply-cheetah-polo-shirt.jpg

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
CP3 rockin the Denim & Supply Cheetah print at the Kevin Hart "Let me explain" premier in LA on June 30

chris-paul-Let-Me-Explain-Premiere-ralph-lauren-denim-and-supply-cheetah-polo-shirt-fashion-2.jpg

:obama:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
That shyt ugly though breh. Just because a celeb wearing it, doesn't give it a pass. I'd never rock that shirt.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
nikka stop tryna sell nikkas on denim & Supply.

shyt is ok breh couple nice pieces.

But come on now rugby was the shyt and for them to can it for some hipster shyt is tragic.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
nikka stop tryna sell nikkas on denim & Supply.

shyt is ok breh couple nice pieces.

But come on now rugby was the shyt and for them to can it for some hipster shyt is tragic.

Stop saying that bullshyt. Here's the real reason they shut down Rugby

After eight years in business and lackluster profits, Ralph Lauren Corp. plans to axe its Rugby diffusion line to focus instead on growing its core labels.

Launched in 2004, Rugby's aesthetic was first inspired by the rich heritage of rugby, crew and cricket, but successive collections left customers confused. Enter one of Rugby’s 14 stores, and it resembled an expensive Abercrombie & Fitch, and pieces often resembled Ralph Lauren’s Polo designs, further confusing customers looking for a distinction. The brand was aimed at young men and women, but sold hoodies for $100 and suits for $600, and it was never clear why the sport's name was used - history? ruggedness? elitism?

In the end, it was the inability to secure and cultivate a customer base that was Rugby’s undoing. As the years passed, Rugby relied on the reinvigorated prep style and urban “Geezer Style” to garner moderate growth, but the customer base that Rugby needed was never realized.

After opening their first Rugby stores, Polo Ralph Lauren filed a lawsuit against Rugby America and other rugby outfitters in an attempt to prevent them from using the world rugby on their clothing. Ralph Lauren overstepped their bounds, however, and eventually had to backtrack when it became clear they had not used the Rugby trademark as much as they claimed. Eventually, after a long and dogged legal fight led by Jim Carlberg, the US District Court of Southern New York dismissed all of Polo’s claims against rugby-related defendants with prejudice, which meant they can never sue those defendants every again.

It was a massive blow, and despite the attempt to keep the Rugby brand going, Ralph Lauren announced

in their second quarter earnings that they planned on closing the brand to focus on their more profitable brands and emerging markets.

“This was not an easy decision to make, considering the hard work of the Rugby team over the few years and the tremendous loyalty of the Rugby core customers,” president and CEO Roger Farah said. “We continue to believe that we can service the millennium Rugby customer with brands such as Denim & Supply and Club Monaco.”

Ralph Lauren Corp. also operates 103 Ralph Lauren stores, 59 Club Monaco stores, 201 Polo factory stores and 16 Rugby stores, along with 474 concession shops worldwide. Its global licensing partners operate 144 stores.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a female, but I'm a Ralph Lauren connoisseur :salute:

I still miss Polo Sport and Polo Jeans Co severely :sadbron:

But, thank Gawd for LAUREN and Denim & Supply :ahh:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
That shyt ugly though breh. Just because a celeb wearing it, doesn't give it a pass. I'd never rock that shirt.

Shirt is godly & hanging in my closet like :smugdraper:

True, a celeb wearing a shirt doesn't give it a pass, my point is that people in the know & with fashion sense wear D&S, the line is diverse & has styles for EVERYONE, the cheetah print was just some of the latest piff to hit the streets :win:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps

True, a celeb wearing a shirt doesn't give it a pass, my point is that people in the know & with fashion sense wear D&S, the line is diverse & has styles for EVERYONE, the cheetah print was just some of the latest piff to hit the streets :win:

Picvio :dream:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

:ehh:

D&S does have some decent looking pieces, but I still like Rugby better. Rugby varsity jackets were :wow:
fab-RalphLauren-Rugby-hooded-varsity-Jacket-flint-13-air-jordans.jpg

Rugby-Ralph-Lauren-Hooded-Varsity-Jacket-1.jpg

vado-ralph-lauren-rugby-baseball-varsity-jacket.jpg

Rugby was that shyt.. could give a fukk about sales. :wow:

Seems like D&S is trying to cater to the Hollister and American Eagle shopper though.

BTW copped a couple of D&S cargos off the strength of this thread... they're on sale so I said fukk it. :yeshrug:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
:ehh:

D&S does have some decent looking pieces, but I still like Rugby better. Rugby varsity jackets were :wow:
fab-RalphLauren-Rugby-hooded-varsity-Jacket-flint-13-air-jordans.jpg

Rugby-Ralph-Lauren-Hooded-Varsity-Jacket-1.jpg

vado-ralph-lauren-rugby-baseball-varsity-jacket.jpg

Rugby was that shyt.. could give a fukk about sales. :wow:

Seems like D&S is trying to cater to the Hollister and American Eagle shopper though.

BTW copped a couple of D&S cargos off the strength of this thread... they're on sale so I said fukk it. :yeshrug:

:salute: on your purchases

What you'd get? :lupe:

And yea Rugby had some fly letterman jackets, but if you read the article I posted, Rugby was appealing to the same market y'all say D&S is going after, the American Eagle/Hollister crowd. Yea they're going after us, the millenials, aggressively. Right now they're ahead of the curve IMO

RIP to rugby tho