Political fight for "Little Haiti" district in Brooklyn

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Little Jamaica would actually be in the Bronx or maybe somewhere in East Flatbush.

Trinidad folks are too spread out for a little spot and Panamanians don’t have the numbers.

Even on Franklin Ave where Panamanians have their festival they aren’t the biggest islander group there.

And technically we have a Little Guyana which is located in Liberty Ave but it’s not officially a Little Guyana!
i'm just saying, if Haiti gets a designation then every other island should to
What about Canarsie?
Canarsie has a huge Jamaican population too

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
my only problem is then we need a Little Jamaica, a little Panama, and Little Trinidad and Tobago etc.

This. We can't satisfy every immigrant enclave that wants their own district.

I know for sure 167th and Concourse in BX could be pretty much called Little Africa at this point. But then Dominicans nearby are gonna want their own official district in Highbridge, then the Jamaicans in Wakefield, and etc.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

I know for sure 167th and Highbridge in BX could be pretty much called Little Africa at this point. But then Dominicans nearby are gonna want their own official district, then the Jamaicans in Wakefield, and etc.
not to mention that Caribbean people generally live together regardless of country of origin

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

I know for sure 167th and Concourse in BX could be pretty much called Little Africa at this point. But then Dominicans nearby are gonna want their own official district in Highbridge, then the Jamaicans in Wakefield, and etc.

More like Little Ghana

Just like 116th is called Little Senegal or Little francophone Africa.

These “little” enclaves work best when the boundary is only a street.

With that being said why would another group be mad that a street that is clearly African or Guyanese or Haitian is being called little Africa, Little Guyan, Little Haiti etc?

Nostrand Ave between The junction and Church Ave is straight up Haitian and most of the businesses are Haitian.

If another group is mad then maybe they should step up their game and open up some businesses on the street their mad about!

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Jamaicans alone make up close to 60% of the immigrants in Wakefield. Lol if they created Little Jamaica they wouldn’t even hear the tiny group of “others” complaining lol

Same with Washington Heights which I think Dominicans make up more then 70% of the immigrants in the area!

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Little Jamaica would actually be in the Bronx or maybe somewhere in East Flatbush.

Trinidad folks are too spread out for a little spot and Panamanians don’t have the numbers.

Even on Franklin Ave where Panamanians have their festival they aren’t the biggest islander group there.

And technically we have a Little Guyana which is located in Liberty Ave but it’s not officially a Little Guyana!
true. That's only the coolies though Black Guyanese are in BK

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
You have chinatown, Flushing and Little italy... It's time black folks had something for us... so we can call our own...:ehh:

Why is there such a backlash towards us having this shyt, whether it's lil africa or lil haiti?!? :mindblown:

In repeating what the article said about being redundant because they just created an official Little Caribbean in the same area. Then they said it is only 20% of the West Indian being Haitian.

I'm not saying not do it, but with those facts it makes you go :jbhmm:

Last edited: