Poland not letting African refugees flee from Ukraine.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not true.

The Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, spearheaded by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the long-fought efforts of African Americans, led to the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, outlawing discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Subsequently, immigration laws based on national origin came under serious review. The quota system regarded immigrants from certain nations to be less desirable. The passage of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 (Hart-Celler Act) completely removed the quota system, and instead opted for a system that relied on “preferences” for immigrants who were highly skilled in fields that the Department of Labor deemed understaffed, or had existing family relationships within the United States.

As the the civil rights movement gained momentum in the 1960s, it made the idea of America as a white nation increasingly unacceptable. Just a few months after passing the Voting Rights Act, Congress passed the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, abolishing the race-based immigration quota system and replacing it with a system that prioritized refugees, people with special skills, and those with family members living in the United States. It also forbade discrimination in the issuance of immigrant visas on the basis of race, sex, nationality, place of birth, or place of residence.

That I'm aware of. What I'm saying is that capital owners used the environment the civil rights created to pass the immigration act as it was more digestible at the time but it was not something civil rights leaders were necessarily advocating for. They might not have been vocally against it but it was something that was being pushed by northern capital owners. For instance, are they any major speeches, essays or articles where king or any other major civil right leader were advocating immigration? if you can find some I'll happily read it.

Also, take a look at a pic when both acts were being signed and the people in attendance which might give a clue into who was pushing what.
Lyndon_Johnson_signing_Civil_Rights_Act%2C_July_2%2C_1964.jpg

lbj1.jpeg

Immigration act
a1420-24a.jpg

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
That I'm aware of. What I'm saying is that capital owners used the environment the civil rights created to pass the immigration act as it was more digestible at the time but it was not something civil rights leaders were necessarily advocating for. They might not have been vocally against it but it was something that was being pushed by northern capital owners. For instance, are they any major speeches, essays or articles where king or any other major civil right leader were advocating immigration? if you can find some I'll happily read it.

Also, take a look at a pic when both acts were being signed and the people in attendance which might give a clue into who was pushing what.
Lyndon_Johnson_signing_Civil_Rights_Act%2C_July_2%2C_1964.jpg

lbj1.jpeg

Immigration act
a1420-24a.jpg

Honestly, never really looked into it -- cause I don't have any connection to immigration. But, I will now -- I will look to see if can find any Black CR leaders/activist speaking out for it.

I'm sure I will. I'll be back. Or I will send you a message.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I’m so confused by the the OP making this thread and the shyt he was just telling me earlier today.

If you motherfukkas don’t make up your mind! :damn:

It’s “fukk Pan Africanism” til shyt gets real, then it’s “fukk those CACs”, but if those same refugees tried to come here I’d be y’all would say “Hold your own nuts” :mindblown:
korean-toothpaste-gif-7.gif

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@69 others where is your family from? What’s your lineage?

Carribean. does it make my arguments less sound? Let me ask you though. It's 2022 and you still believe in the scammer Umar Johnson, should I be even debating with you:usure:

Honestly, never really looked into it -- cause I don't have any connection to immigration. But, I will now -- I will look to see if can find any Black CR leaders/activist speaking out for it.

I'm sure I will. I'll be back. Or I will send you a message.

cool. this is the type of discussions we need to have on here instead of everything boiling down into arguments and division:salute:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Notice y’all mad at FBA for what some Polish CACs are doing to black folks. We can’t win :russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

shyt is wild they don’t realize how bad they look

This thread is about black people from everywhere showing compassion to Africans being racially discriminated against and they turned it into some dumb ass diaspora war because of old posts you dapped :gucci:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Having Somalia brehs saving you is embarrassing :francis:

It's not embarrassing, more so motivating, Somalia is emerging from a long civil war. That doesn't mean we weren't a strong nation before the war that helped liberate countless African countries from colonialism.

Somali has a host of issues themselves in their own country.

Not to mention most Somalis in the US are
:mjpls:
Towards blacks

ohhh the world famous coli stats, never fails to justify made up bullsh!t. :mjlol:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
fukk those cave dwelling CACs.
This.

And they wonder why we dont care about this conflict...look at how these racist as fukk eastern eurocracka countries are doing Black Folk!!!
:martin:

Im leaving this thread before I say something I'll regret. Im heated!

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
shyt is wild they don’t realize how bad they look

This thread is about black people from everywhere showing compassion to Africans being racially discriminated against and they turned it into some dumb ass diaspora war because of old posts you dapped :gucci:
But Pan Africanism Is Dead :mindblown:
Y’all don’t know what to think