Pokemon Legends Arceus

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man I didnt even bother. It didn’t even look good from any of the trailers. Big ass empty world, trash graphics and wack ass combat. Literally any other game studio could make a better Pokémon game at this point

I think the problem is Game Freak is too small of a studio to be handling such a big IP as Pokemon nowadays. This was apparent since the 3DS era. For being the highest grossing media franchise in the world it’s baffling that they have such a problem

Lack of sufficient development time is another issue & unfortunately it’s due to $$$. Pokemon is at the point that a mainline game is more or less required roughly every 2 years (Which isn’t nearly enough time )to support the anime, manga, tcg, and MOUNTAINS of merchandise or else the whole system gets out of whack. Look at Dragon Quest 11 vs any of the switch Pokemon games. Difference is night and day.

these issue can be fixed by either more staff to help out if you can’t extend dev time.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I also liked how you can evolve kadabra, haunter, and machoke without trading
just get the link cable and you're set :wow:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
I'm gonna wait until they get all the online features, dlc, Pokemon home, blah blah, etc.

I didn't buy sword until both dlc's came out and I could import my Pokemon from previous games into Pokemon home....
Game companies stay pumping out the vanilla versions 1st......
I'll wait for the full game to drop........y'all ain't slick developers:unimpressed:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being seeing good things about it this. Should I cop? Been on that master duel and need something else for this weekend

Legalese

Banned
Daps
Being seeing good things about it this. Should I cop? Been on that master duel and need something else for this weekend
Its not as bad as i was expecting it to be, once you can get past some of the low res environments

still no business seeing so many jagged polys when botw came out 5 years ago

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Bumping my rating up to 4/5 after playing about 10 hours. Game is addictive and challenging. Def cop for Switch owners.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
so I have to complete the Pokedex to get all the stars but some legendary pokemon need a brilliant diamond or shinning pearl save file to get them :unimpressed:
still not buying that game gamefreak:francis:

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
K3pGVLN.jpg

Had to get the all Alpha squad out for a team photo :wow:

I just started battling all these Alphas instead of messing around w/ the tricks to catch them. You save balls that way.

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
I just started battling all these Alphas instead of messing around w/ the tricks to catch them. You save balls that way.

Facts, catch them unaware and chip away at them until they red bar and a status condition does wonders. Caught the lvl 70 Alpha Gallade and Machamp just now with my highest mon at the moment being 52 :wow:

so I have to complete the Pokedex to get all the stars but some legendary pokemon need a brilliant diamond or shinning pearl save file to get them :unimpressed:
still not buying that game gamefreak:francis:

im genuinely enjoying Legends but this just blew mines smfh

TPC/GF some hoes man im not buying that Chibi BS :camby:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So I beat the story
I would give this a 7.5.10
pros
finally feel like I'm playing the anime
Pokemon battling seems more spontaneous
having all the Pokemon gain experience helps more than makes the game easier
adding to the gameplay mechanics of Pokemon as a whole
catching the Pokemon is fun and sometimes I catch them just for the fun of it
I feel like you can play with your favorites. I got a munchlax that I refuse to evolve because he's chilling. he holds his own even against golems :ehh:

cons
no attention to detail to the environment. If I use flame wheel and I'm surrounded by grass the grass should go on fire
lazy game design in some places. when you get the flying Pokemon you can't ascend. can't catch Pokemon while on the deer.:beli:
this game sometimes feels like it's in 2005. like some of the missions they have you doing is so stupid and the graphics resemble Mario sunshine a bit.
some of the battles with trainers have them sending out 3 Pokemon at once against your one. at first I thought it was a bug but when everybody started to do it I realized it was a part of the game :skip:
I need Nintendo online to trade Pokemon :beli:
story doesn't make sense sometimes. the region isn't called sinnoh yet but Kanto, Johto, and alola are already named? and how does alolan vulpix exist yet? then you have some people explain how Pokemon killed their families and they have a whole team of them :mjlol:
you can't travel the world like botw you have to teleport to the areas,

some of these are nitpicks though. I definitely enjoyed it.
all in all this is a good start to the new generation of Pokemon.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Facts, catch them unaware and chip away at them until they red bar and a status condition does wonders. Caught the lvl 70 Alpha Gallade and Machamp just now with my highest mon at the moment being 52 :wow:

im genuinely enjoying Legends but this just blew mines smfh

TPC/GF some hoes man im not buying that Chibi BS :camby:
yeah it sucks
I just realized though that darkrai and shaymin aren't needed to complete the Pokédex