Pokemon Legends Arceus

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
y'all talkin bout rapidash I got violated by the snorlax not too far away :picard:

I caught that mf today :jawalrus: bout to take him for a spin now that I got the <Level 65 respect

It's a breeze catching Alphas once you get the system down. Between the different Cakes/Snacks, Smoke Bombs, and being deliberate about your positioning/approach you can catch Alphas w/ regular pokeballs easily. All those things change the catch rate marker from red to yellow to green. Although it's some you just flat out cant catch until your star level is high enough.

OTOH I went into a space distortion not knowing what tf they are and I got 3v1'd to hell yall be prepared going in there:whoa::mjlol:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So far I’m liking it but I see improvements that could be made :yeshrug:I have a Pokémon friend who played sword and shield and said this was miles better in his opinion

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not gonna lie and i dont expect anyone to really agree with me, but i feel like i wasted my money.

I’m not buying anymore nintendo games outside BOTW2

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not gonna lie and i dont expect anyone to really agree with me, but i feel like i wasted my money.

Man I didnt even bother. It didn’t even look good from any of the trailers. Big ass empty world, trash graphics and wack ass combat. Literally any other game studio could make a better Pokémon game at this point

Coolin'

All Star
Daps

I’m replaying BOTW right now because of this. What don’t you like about it?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m replaying BOTW right now because of this. What don’t you like about it?

It feels absolutely archaic in game design. A cutscene is essentially : talking, talking (no actual voice acting btw), character tells you to meet them outside, you go outside, more talking, then you’re transported back inside for more talking. If you’re lucky you might get to actually answer a question or two just to break up the the tedium or skipping through boring dialogue.

Theres like nothing going on in the town, its a bunch of houses and people that stand in one spot like statues waiting for you to talk to them like its fukking final fantasy 6. They don’t even give them canned animations to make them look alive or anything.

Then you go out into the ass-ugly world and its completely barren. You have your trash mob pokemon, and then once in a while theres a red eyed one thats stronger and some inbetween ones. I guess the hook is to just keep catching more and more of the same shyt. It’s basically like do these task for this pokemon 100 times to complete the Pokédex. It’s all just busy work. I’ve played about 2 hours yesterday and 4 hours today and it just isn’t keeping me hooked.

It overall just feels like they cut mad corners with it. Like why in 2022 do the pokemon still have these old ass midi file GBA sound effects? They really can’t just get pokemon to say their names at this point? Weird to hear pikachu sound some weird broken tv sound effect instead of PIKA!

I’m getting flashbacks to sword and shield. I think I’m just kind of over pokemon as long as gamefreak is making them

If anyones on the fence with this i say def wait for a good sale, wherever that happens. Too much dope games coming out to spend 60 dollars on this unless you got kids that wanna play it

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It feels absolutely archaic in game design. A cutscene is essentially : talking, talking (no actual voice acting btw), character tells you to meet them outside, you go outside, more talking, then you’re transported back inside for more talking. If you’re lucky you might get to actually answer a question or two just to break up the the tedium or skipping through boring dialogue.

Theres like nothing going on in the town, its a bunch of houses and people that stand in one spot like statues waiting for you to talk to them like its fukking final fantasy 6. They don’t even give them canned animations to make them look alive or anything.

Then you go out into the ass-ugly world and its completely barren. You have your trash mob pokemon, and then once in a while theres a red eyed one thats stronger and some inbetween ones. I guess the hook is to just keep catching more and more of the same shyt. It’s basically like do these task for this pokemon 100 times to complete the Pokédex. It’s all just busy work. I’ve played about 2 hours yesterday and 4 hours today and it just isn’t keeping me hooked.

It overall just feels like they cut mad corners with it. Like why in 2022 do the pokemon still have these old ass midi file GBA sound effects? They really can’t just get pokemon to say their names at this point? Weird to hear pikachu sound some weird broken tv sound effect instead of PIKA!

I’m getting flashbacks to sword and shield. I think I’m just kind of over pokemon as long as gamefreak is making them

If anyones on the fence with this i say def wait for a good sale, wherever that happens. Too much dope games coming out to spend 60 dollars on this unless you got kids that wanna play it

Looks like you left the honeymoon phase. :russ:

Go play Pokemon Colosseum and see how much better that game is and it's nearly 20 years old. :wow:

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

I completely agree. The problem is gamefreak imo.

I dont completely hate the new battling system but the way they implemented it is terrible. Why they removed battling trainers and gyms is beyond me.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I think I fukked up by completing my dex in Home, because I don't want none a these mf's I'm catching. game is aight tho