please support a black business and buy mjcry t-shirt all sizes

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why is the MJ face in the stomach area of the shirt?

You want people to support because we're black but your product is lazily put together. Typical black business smh.
I agree with everything you said, until you made this statement lol

Saying things like this never help anything, they just lower the self esteem of other blacks and make us look bad in the light (to other races)

I'd refrain from saying stuff like this (although there is truth to it...), just uplift one another where/when you can.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I agree with everything you said, until you made this statement lol

Saying things like this never help anything, they just lower the self esteem of other blacks and make us look bad in the light (to other races)

I'd refrain from saying stuff like this (although there is truth to it...), just uplift one another where/when you can.

I get what you saying, but i'm in the hospitality quality business. I call it like it is

One of the biggest problems with the black community is this whole "don't say our shortcomings out loud, the other races might hear you" but what do we think those other races are saying about us.

When you actively go out your way to shovel money back into the community and have to deal with various people half-assing it and expecting your support because you're both black it gets ridiculous. We have to do better. I'm not giving anyone money because we're both black.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I get what you saying, but i'm in the hospitality quality business. I call it like it is

One of the biggest problems with the black community is this whole "don't say our shortcomings out loud, the other races might hear you" but what do we think those other races are saying about us.

When you actively go out your way to shovel money back into the community and have to deal with various people half-assing it and expecting your support because you're both black it gets ridiculous. We have to do better. I'm not giving anyone money because we're both black.
That's not exactly what I'm saying, no.

And I completely agree that there are things to be fixed but what I'm getting at is the conditioning we've been put through to feel no type of way saying "nikkas ain't shyt" and things along those lines. I've never heard a white person say, crackas ain't shyt, etc. Other races seem more inclined to judge on a individual basis, say they came upon a crappy businessmen of their race, it'd be "that dude ain't shyt!" I feel as if they came across enough of those and they still wouldn't throw their entire race to the bushes, they'd focus on their personal business and get to the money. See what I'm saying?

I think if more people collectively decided to go on a path of growth and empowerment INDIVIDUALLY shyt would begin changing rapidly. There are the lazy ones, the corner cutters, etc, but what does generalizing your entire race ever do? White folks say "them trailer trash folks ain't shyt" or "that guy AIN'T shyt!" We just go ahead and say "typical black business."

Prosper.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
I want to knock the hustle, for all the obvious reasons that have already been mentioned, but I just can't :lupe:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i hate when people try to sell me something on some "support black businesses, buy my shyt" type thing. it feels like you're trying to play me. trying to guilt me into it.

just make an undeniable product, carry yourself with pride (without begging for people to buy your shyt) rep who you are (which includes being black) and let people choose. let me feel like supporting black quality business on my own without you trying to shame me into it.

Last edited:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
That's not exactly what I'm saying, no.

And I completely agree that there are things to be fixed but what I'm getting at is the conditioning we've been put through to feel no type of way saying "nikkas ain't shyt" and things along those lines. I've never heard a white person say, crackas ain't shyt, etc. Other races seem more inclined to judge on a individual basis, say they came upon a crappy businessmen of their race, it'd be "that dude ain't shyt!" I feel as if they came across enough of those and they still wouldn't throw their entire race to the bushes, they'd focus on their personal business and get to the money. See what I'm saying?

I think if more people collectively decided to go on a path of growth and empowerment INDIVIDUALLY shyt would begin changing rapidly. There are the lazy ones, the corner cutters, etc, but what does generalizing your entire race ever do? White folks say "them trailer trash folks ain't shyt" or "that guy AIN'T shyt!" We just go ahead and say "typical black business."

Prosper.

I don't think all nikkas ain't shyt. A good majority are sad to say. White people say white people ain't shyt all the time. Trailer trash is white slang for ain't shyt white person. When other races come across bad businesses they don't support them but at the same time other races don't say support us because we look like you. If we gonna do something lets do it right and not try and guilt people into giving us money for inferior quality services and goods because we're all black.

you gotta do better than that

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't think all nikkas ain't shyt. A good majority are sad to say. White people say white people ain't shyt all the time. Trailer trash is white slang for ain't shyt white person. When other races come across bad businesses they don't support them but at the same time other races don't say support us because we look like you. If we gonna do something lets do it right and not try and guilt people into giving us money for inferior quality services and goods because we're all black.
I agree with you on the way some of us run businesses, 100%.

But you're still missing the point I'm trying to make, of course I know what trailer trash means. It's the fact that they are sub-catergorizing those people as to not generalize their entire race, as to say THOSE whites.
I'd feel better if you said "those blacks" "ratchet blacks" as to show we're not all "ain't shyt." "Typical black business." shyt just reeks of pessimism.