#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

deepdown-16-7fps-290-1iosm.gif

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Here's a good article about the tech in PS4 and how it stacks up against a PC. He makes a compelling case as to why PS4 is the future for PCs

PS4 vs the Great Discord | Bradford Taylor

There I saw so many comments on how someone’s PC “kicks the shyt out of the PS4 specs”, how others feel like this wasn’t a “substantial leap over PS3″, that “demoing a single head isn’t very impressive, nvidia did it a few years ago.” I continued to read many statements from others stating how they think many PS4 titles will still run at 720p. Some adding “the majority of users wouldn’t make the differences between 720p and 1080p.” Some tech sites were just as bad about this, it was hard to tell if they were just going after hits. PC Gamer even put out a tasteless article (here) trying woefully to put together a comparable PC rig. They complain about the lack of power they think is in the PS4, but then go on to make statements like “it seems like massive overkill to me, so I’ll recommend 8GB of DDR3 RAM.” I can’t help but feel how much misunderstanding there is and how that goes around as blanketed statements.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So apparently the KillZone footage wasn't running on the 8 gig ram Dev Kit

Beyond3D Forum - View Single Post - KILLZONE SHadow Fall (Playstation 4 Exclusive)
Originally Posted by Averagejoe
I was wondering in which devkit this games was particularly demo,did we have any confirmation that 4GB devkit actually hit developers.?

Because i think this game could have been running on the 2.2GB of ram devkit.
Less than that.Most kits until pretty recently had only 1.5 GB usable for graphics

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohlawd: This game is going to look delicious. I think I'm getting a new 1080P TV, PS4, and probably a new GFX card this holiday season for multiplats.

It maybe too late in the development cycle for Kill Zone, but games that are just starting production on and should be able to take advantage of it. The second wave of games are going to be something to look out for.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It maybe too late in the development cycle for Kill Zone, but games that are just starting production on and should be able to take advantage of it. The second wave of games are going to be something to look out for.

How is it too late?? They have roughly 8-9 months(if launching november) to polish the game up. In person seeing the game will probably amaze console gamers. Of course, elite master race pc gamers will scoff at this and gladly gloat about how they run Crysis 3 in 4K on ultra high settings.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

How is it too late?? They have roughly 8-9 months(if launching november) to polish the game up. In person seeing the game will probably amaze console gamers. Of course, elite master race pc gamers will scoff at this and gladly gloat about how they run Crysis 3 in 4K on ultra high settings.

ps4.. doesnt support 4k for games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ps4.. doesnt support 4k for games.

How is it too late?? They have roughly 8-9 months(if launching november) to polish the game up. In person seeing the game will probably amaze console gamers. Of course, elite master race pc gamers will scoff at this and gladly gloat about how they run Crysis 3 in 4K on ultra high settings on PC

*fixed*

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:what: @ the dudes who actually think Sony would release a console @ 600 again