#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
jj9iqyj.jpg

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
Final Fantasy 13 went diamond so i think over 10 million people are anticipating another FF game.
FF13 overall is a flop and you know it.
The game was selling for half price literally one month after it was launched
And in this gen when JRPG's are rare as fukk, the top game in the genre doing the numbers it did means the game is dying
But lets act brand new for the cameras...

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Definitely agree. They couldn't shoot their whole wad at this meeting.

Leaving the actual physical console reveal, pricing, the rumored Playstation World, and more games to be shown at E3 and the major gaming shows is the best approach. If they gave us everything yesterday, what more is there?

they honestly IMO gave us more info than I totally expected especially the GDDR5 megaton.

Could have showed a montage of the games that will be available at launch then showed the playable demos at E3. also E3 is where you show games that will be out no time soon like ND/SSM games. MS higher reps on twitter dont seem phased by this at all(obviously)

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
And in this gen when JRPG's are rare as fukk, the top game in the genre doing the numbers it did means the game is dying

:stop:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought they did touch on mobile gaming with the play anywhere stuff they were talking about.

Being able to stream your PS4 to phones, tablets, Vita and other shyt. Didn't the mention that?

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
And like @Mowgli says, I'm already seeing backlash because they didn't talk about mobile gaming and shyt. These clowns in the media don't understand core/hardcore gamers. These smartphone/tablet gaming clowns trying to ruin gaming for the hardcore gamers and it's disgusting.

Some buffoon from the NYT actually brought up fukkin Apple in his criticism. An Iphone/ipad is not a damn game console. Can't wait till E3 when real gamers will actually be there and not these hipster clowns
Did you see how them ps4 presenters were dressed/looked?
Same nikkaz...

Yes the fukk it was, it was on sale everywhere. We had threads on this back at sohh :to:
I thought they did touch on mobile gaming with the play anywhere stuff they were talking about.

Being able to stream your PS4 to phones, tablets, Vita and other shyt. Didn't the mention that?
Uh no, not all of what you sayin bruh. Cuz then there would be no need for a ps4, they could just use the cloud for that :stopitslime:

Last edited by a moderator:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

I dont think they referred to streaming full games, i know vita has remote play. but then again then they didn't show nothing just ideas so who knows.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Yes the fukk it was, it was on sale everywhere. We had threads on this back at sohh :to:

It was on sale for half price.. at K-Mart. For a week. 2 months after release.
I remember this because I was going to get it at game stop & I read about Kmart having the sale.

It remained full price at target & game stop until around late 2010.

Let's not bend the truth here :mjpls:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And like @Mowgli says, I'm already seeing backlash because they didn't talk about mobile gaming and shyt. These clowns in the media don't understand core/hardcore gamers. These smartphone/tablet gaming clowns trying to ruin gaming for the hardcore gamers and it's disgusting.

Some buffoon from the NYT actually brought up fukkin Apple in his criticism. An Iphone/ipad is not a damn game console. Can't wait till E3 when real gamers will actually be there and not these hipster clowns

Listen to this man from the NYT. You're right. They want to demote gaming back to the stone age.

Sony’s new chief executive, Kazuo Hirai, has a longtime personal connection to the PlayStation franchise and is making it one of the core elements of a more tightly focused company. Mr. Hirai became known for some of his more confident statements about the PlayStation, particularly a 2006 swipe at Microsoft: “The next generation doesn’t start until we say it does.”

These days, the next generation is playing games on the Web. Console makers typically sell their consoles for a loss and generate profit through sales of games. In 2012, American consumers spent $14.8 billion on game content, including computer and video games, down from $16.34 billion in the previous year, according to the NPD Group, a research firm.

Instead of buying traditional games, which typically cost $50 or more, many consumers are being drawn to the cheaper, sometimes free games available for their smartphones and tablets, analysts say.

PlayStation 4 games can be streamed to the PlayStation Vita, Sony’s portable game device, among other features.

“The architecture is like a PC in many ways, but supercharged to bring out its full potential as a gaming platform,” said Mark Cerny, Sony’s lead system architect.

James L. McQuivey, a Forrester analyst, said that for the PlayStation 4 to succeed, Sony needed to think beyond games. The console will have to provide other types of content and services, like video conferencing, third-party apps and a TV service to create a deeper, long-term relationship with the customer.

By comparison, Apple, the world’s leading consumer electronics maker, does not just sell hardware. It also has a universe of digital content including apps, music, movies and e-books to make people come back for more Apple gear every year. Apple generally takes an enviable 30 percent cut of all media it sells. Microsoft, Google and Amazon are making similar moves to create such a product array.

“Then and only then can Sony hope to learn enough about its users to overcome its own bias toward preferring to design products in response to engineering principles rather than customer needs,” Mr. McQuivey said.

Last edited by a moderator:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

They did discuss how this works with Vita, and how your PS4 is interactive with smart phones, tablets etc.

So yes you are right.

I dont think they referred to streaming full games, i know vita has remote play. but then again then they didn't show nothing just ideas so who knows.

:what: breh they showed the guy playing a PS4 game on the Vita

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

How is it a flop when it went diamond? A flop means it did not recoup its money. A practical flop is barely recouping your money. It was a solid game and sold a ton of copies and recouped its earnings. I want another FF and so do the fans. You want to play Kinect Poker so i think as a gamer, you're priorities are in a different place, friend. You like different games. The casual kind.