#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Ps4 makin public appearances and it ain't even been revealed to the public....:mindblown:

Don't even ask it how!

-DMP-
wiiU did much of the same...

I still don't understand why Rockstar chose to release GTAV on the PS3 considering the PS4 is gonna be released at the end of the year while there's not even backwards compatibility on the PS4.

i was trying to find the link for you but i cant. but rockstar outright said to this that they dont do launches like that. they like their install base already well established.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Pachter was right about PS4 graphics
I think Vic Ireland (from Working Designs fame) said it best on GAF.
I think the bigger problem is that the platform is powerful enough that there's nowhere to hide the creative bankruptcy rotting the industry. It's on full display, with extensive details and excellent smoke and shading. The games shown were a lot of stuff we've essentially seen before, played before, watched before, and none of it was exciting in the way something that grabs your imagination should be.

I'm still bullish on PS4 as a platform, but I want to see some great games that capture my imagination.
the PS3 generation of graphics looked good enough. in terms of raw system power its not like there was much gaming wise developers wanted to do but were held back by the technology. we've now reached a level where the better hardware can only make the games we were already playing look better but not much else. its diminishing returns. if your light bulb cuts on a lil faster you'd barely notice.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that puppet show was off the chains... everyone is going to be running to try and get ps4 and the playstation move.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Pachter was right about PS4 graphics
I think Vic Ireland (from Working Designs fame) said it best on GAF.

the PS3 generation of graphics looked good enough. in terms of raw system power its not like there was much gaming wise developers wanted to do but were held back by the technology. we've now reached a level where the better hardware can only make the games we were already playing look better but not much else. its diminishing returns. if your light bulb cuts on a lil faster you'd barely notice.

I think the indie devs could turn things around.

The machine being x86 just opens the doors up to basically every developer out there.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
In terms of graphics, i don't want shyt looking like CGI movies that I'm playing. Just take the current graphics, shine them up a little, and developed greater content within the game. Give Rockstar the ability to have five cities for a GTA game. Give us a 100 hr game length. Graphics aren't the trick, just making the games more expansive.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
In terms of graphics, i don't want shyt looking like CGI movies that I'm playing. Just take the current graphics, shine them up a little, and developed greater content within the game. Give Rockstar the ability to have five cities for a GTA game. Give us a 100 hr game length. Graphics aren't the trick, just making the games more expansive.

Well, the 8gb of DDR5 means the PS4 is going to be a beast at open world games. You should expect a pretty big jump there.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think the indie devs could turn things around.

The machine being x86 just opens the doors up to basically every developer out there.
final-fantasy-xiii-hd-df-08.jpg

i mean look at a game like this. its creatively bankrupt but very good looking. the focus is gonna need to move away from graphics and on to telling people interesting stories with interesting characters or creating new forms of gameplay.

part of the reason i really don't care about the Wii U not being as powerful as the other next generation consoles is because graphically if they can make games look as good as Final Fantasy XIII that's acceptable even if on other platforms games can look better.

games flat out can't rely on graphics to carry them anymore because the masses are becoming disenchanted with that. the outcry of disappointment here is a testament to that.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin

i mean look at a game like this. its creatively bankrupt but very good looking. the focus is gonna need to move away from graphics and on to telling people interesting stories with interesting characters or creating new forms of gameplay.

part of the reason i really don't care about the Wii U not being as powerful as the other next generation consoles is because graphically if they can make games look as good as Final Fantasy XIII that's acceptable even if on other platforms games can look better.

games flat out can't rely on graphics to carry them anymore because the masses are becoming disenchanted with that. the outcry of disappointment here is a testament to that.

I think we're starting to see that on PC with kickstarter projects of games that normally wouldn't get made, and I think some of those titles will end up on PS4/720.

And, everyone should be able to make a fairly good looking game now.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Id like to see KZ3 and 4 side by side to see the differences in graphics.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

true, which is why Minecraft is so successful. the graphcs are lacking but ppl love the gameplay.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
hopefully sony has some games in the vaults for release date because what they showed isn't moving anyone outside of the core ps3 gamers. as much as I troll sony, i would like to see them successful. Graphics and everything is cool, but gameplay and new innovative features(social features were brilliant) is where their buyers will be won.