#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
GDDR5 is the premier fastest video memory on the market. GDDR3 was used last gen and even in the current WiiU. It's roughly 3x faster than DDR3.

2 gigs of GDDR5 is roughly equivalent to 4 of DDR3.

It's a HUGE advantage right now of the PS4. Currently the next Xbox is setup for 8 gigs of DDR3. With next gen consoles looking to last until the start of the next decade, using old tech with DDR3 is pretty much being cheap and not looking to last long.

@Liquid @Kodie or any of the pc heads can break it down more.

nikka, you have no idea wtf GDDR5 does. Thats why you asked for somebody else to actually explain it :deadmanny:

fukk kodie/liquid. YOU rekka. Explain how GDDR5 is better than GDDR3
What advantages/disadvantages does GDDR5 vs GDDR3
I called you out on this already. Just cuz it has a 5 in the name doesn't mean everything about it is better genius :stopitslime:
Ask the iPhone...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I still don't understand why Rockstar chose to release GTAV on the PS3 considering the PS4 is gonna be released at the end of the year while there's not even backwards compatibility on the PS4.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
Let's not get crazy breh -

crysis3_psycho_lampzljxb.gif

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man, why PS4's graphic look same as PS3's graphic?...wtf?
we've reached a graphics level where shyt was already looking realistic. you're not gonna see a PS to PS2 or PS2 to PS3 level jump in graphics when shyt was already looking as good as it was.

the Playstation 4 as a system is a beast. the features, functionality, and architecture changes they made were all spot on. like they were saying you can suspend any game at any time and resume it later when you want. share gameplay directly from the system to media sharing sites with no capture device needed, play games on the fly as they download. the system is x86 so no more shytty ports that aren't optimized for the Cell's complex architecture.

its like Sony went to the developers and asked what did we do wrong with the PS3 and took notes and fixed it all.

where the press event disappointed me was with the actual games they showed. honestly though lets not pretend like first year Xbox 360 games or PS3 games were awe inspiring.

pretty much all new systems suck when they first launch especially in comparison when their best years are ahead of them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still don't understand why Rockstar chose to release GTAV on the PS3 considering the PS4 is gonna be released at the end of the year while there's not even backwards compatibility on the PS4.
because development on V has likely been going along for a very long time and was too far in to change platforms and besides the game is gonna sell far better on the PS3 and 360 than it would on the new PS4 and Xbox.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I was dissapointed at the lack of games too but it makes no sense for sony to blow its load so early....they did what they had to do. E3 should be fukking bananas.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Just think that 8GB GDD5 was a late addition, cause most devs were suprised by the announcement. This game was probably made targeted at 4GB's Cause nothing is finalized probably until a month ago. New Dev kits hit in late January.

Couple that with the game being in alpha stage, it will only get better.

hopefully cuz Modern Warfare 3 looked better on the Xbox than this

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps

:comeon:

Every time I've seen him play a game on his show he sucks at it. Sucks like a broad picking up a controller for the first time in her life sucks.

One time during a Uncharted 3 demo,he was talking like he loved uncharted then he started to play and was like "how do I shoot"?

:damnit:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
The Coli - the only place where posters use homophobic language AND comment on other men's looks during game conferences.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio

I think because a majority of the population already have PS3's and 360's only fans are gonna run out and buy a PS4 off rip and if history has taught us anything there is going to be a shortage for this system why would Rockstar fukk up money like that.