#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm reading the official press release it mentions "cross gaming chat" this is the feature you x box owners were championing :pachaha:

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
I can't wait to play my wifey on this shyt. I hope that pic of the games costing 99 bucks each was fake though. :russ:

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WTF 8 GB GDDR5 MEMORY IS AND WHY ITS SO SIGNIFICANT

I have both consoles and pledge loyalty to neither btw and fukk pc gaming too

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Man, why PS4's graphic look same as PS3's graphic?...wtf?

Exactly.. After 7 years you would think that it would be a huge difference compared to the PS3. It looks a little better I guess but nothing extraordinary at all :ld:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.. After 7 years you would think that it would be a huge differance compared to the PS3. It looks a little better I guess but nothing extraordinary at all :ld:

Exactly. It likes Wiii U to PS4 but I wasn't :mindblown: PS4 like I was PS3 and 360 until I was like :what: that's it?...not impressed.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
They showed off what the ps4 is capable of :noah:
Looks similar to what the ps3 was capable of
And all those little shyts that was all over the place was just another duck tech demo.

I seen Knack, and I gotta tell you :whew:
Move over Mario/Sonic/Master Chief, thats all I gotta say.
The game did seem like the new heir to the throne. Knack is like Legendary Axe pt.3

It has 8G of GDDR5RAM which means. Well, most people never heard of GDDR until about 3/4months ago. But I'm sure its important. Even if sony still only ends up delivering 4gb :youngsabo:
But don't take this converted former xbot's word. This guy, he plays the same games you and I play...
aaGUpe4.png

Don't judge a book by its cover, iCarly's brother is really an awesome guy
Go Playstation!!! Woooooooooooooooooooo :stylin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WTF 8 GB GDDR5 MEMORY IS AND WHY ITS SO SIGNIFICANT

I have both consoles and pledge loyalty to neither btw and fukk pc gaming too

GDDR5 is the premier fastest video memory on the market. GDDR3 was used last gen and even in the current WiiU. It's roughly 3x faster than DDR3.

2 gigs of GDDR5 is roughly equivalent to 4 of DDR3.

It's a HUGE advantage right now of the PS4. Currently the next Xbox is setup for 8 gigs of DDR3. With next gen consoles looking to last until the start of the next decade, using old tech with DDR3 is pretty much being cheap and not looking to last long.

@Liquid @Kodie or any of the pc heads can break it down more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
the biggest difference between GDDR5 and DDR3 is the fact that GDDR5 moves large amounts of data at a much faster rate due to its increased bandwith. The reason you only find DDR3 in system ram on the PC is because of its lower latency...tight timings and thus being able to process smaller amounts of data quicker ripping through small system files.

Since the PS3 is a gaming machine that is why GDDR5 as system memory is so useful. It will be interesting to see what Microsoft comes back with. If microsoft has older memory technology then they should have the advantage with lower latencies which would benefit in other uses on the console such as loading non-gaming/smaller apps and maybe even booting into the OS itself. All of this is really early so we have to see what the absolute final pieces of hardware are out there to really comment on it any further. Microsoft is obviously not going to use DDR3 or GDDR3 for the video games...you guys need to calm down. System RAM might be DDR3 which is perfectly fine as I doubt the XBOX 720 OS is going to be heavy...at least not as heavy as Windows 8 which boots insanely quick with DDR3 across all PC's today.

So a little breakdown into how this MIGHT play out if Microsoft uses DDR3

Microsoft advantage? Small Apps being loaded on the OS due to its lower latency system ram possibly in DDR3
Sony advantage? Large things ripping through in the background such as the upload video feature

Sony did come strong with that GDDR5 tho and I wasn't expecting that even with all the rumors. The benefit of the GDDR5 in the case of SONY is because of all the stuff they are trying to do on the back-end while you are playing a game such as uploading video footage. Technically it might have been the only way Sony could go since I am assuming the video footage they are trying to upload to the service is not going to be some shytty wmv format that would look like shyt for people trying to view it on the web, thus the bandwith being the more important factor in that area instead of trying to get through the process faster. Who knows what compression methods/video formats are being used there. Raw video uploaded on the fly sounds dangerous, but we will see how its handled. Microsoft on the other hand is focused on other apps as they are essential to their business model and the DDR3 lower latency will be useful on their end because you are looking at resources that something like netflix uses for streaming and might be an advantage there if the files are smaller. I have no idea how Netflix uses its background resources, but I would assume its probably small chunks of data stored so it can quickly access it and still provide a smooth video experience even when your internet connection has a hiccup.

Its too early for all of this shyt :beli:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
They showed off what the ps4 is capable of :noah:
Looks similar to what the ps3 was capable of PS3 Technical Demo E32005 : Alfred Molina 3D Model. - YouTube
And all those little shyts that was all over the place was just another duck tech demo.

I seen Knack, and I gotta tell you :whew:
Move over Mario/Sonic/Master Chief, thats all I gotta say.
The game did seem like the new heir to the throne. Knack is like Legendary Axe pt.3

It has 8G of GDDR5RAM which means. Well, most people never heard of GDDR until about 3/4months ago. But I'm sure its important. Even if sony still only ends up delivering 4gb :youngsabo:
But don't take this converted former xbot's word. This guy, he plays the same games you and I play...
aaGUpe4.png

Don't judge a book by its cover, iCarly's brother is really an awesome guy
Go Playstation!!! Woooooooooooooooooooo :stylin:

:deadrose: