#Playstation2013, Feb 20th PS4 Announcement?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Controller looks more ergonomic, great!
Specs are released: Nintendo, take note.
No price announced, I'm thinking $449-$499
From what was announced, I wonder how Microsoft feels and what they need to do exactly to get things up and running in comparison to the PS4.
Also, is there going to be a Battle.net client on the PS4 for Diablo 3?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was ready to feast... that was barely an appetizer. I need some confirmed specs not guesses and more empty Sony promises. Half of the features they announced prolly wont be ready till 2015.

Cgi cut scenes and tech demos... disgusting

console.png

controller.png

ridge

Daps
I don't get all this talk about a "hypothetical build"

The system is coming out THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. You don't think the exact specs have been decided on? The thing is going to be in production very very soon. Be real here

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
yeah,

now maybe the first year of these systems u won't see much of a difference, but as time goes on the ps4 will really start to separate itself as the better graphical performer,

XBox is using last gen graphics to go into the future?? and what if we get another 8 year generation?

what a fail.

Worst part is they just can't scrap using DDR3 and moved to 5 without delaying the system. I'm sure that is the LAST thing they want to do. I dunno how they are going to get out of this one. Epic saved them last gen upping the memory to 512. This is totally switching out the memory type. Sony gave developers everything they wanted so of course they all on Sony's nuts now. From Mark Rein's comments, it sounded like he was talkin slick about MS possibly not giving in to what he would like to see in the upcoming consoles.

The conference was what I expected. E3 is the real bout.

The juggernaut of this whole show tonite was the memory hands down.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
yeah,

now maybe the first year of these systems u won't see much of a difference, but as time goes on the ps4 will really start to separate itself as the better graphical performer,

XBox is using last gen graphics to go into the future?? and what if we get another 8 year generation?

what a fail.

It depends on how these systems are leveraged. From what I've been able to follow, specs have been set in stone for Microsoft's next console for a long time. The PS4 is documented to having at one point in time, 2GB, then to 4GB, then to 8GB as it shown today. Obviously, that ram is great, but is it all going to be usable in a good way? The PS4, from this reveal to the changing of the specs appears very reactionary to me.

From all extents and purposes, the PS4 looks to be a great console but with Microsoft appearing to have a clear roadmap for the next Xbox, I'm thinking that it might prove to be a better system overall. Only time will tell though.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
But I wish them all the luck in the world and I hope E3 goes better for them, but in the meantime I'm going to built a PC and see what all the fuss is about.

That GTX 680 shyts all over those supposed next gen demos. fukking Far Cry 3 is damn near photorealistic!

on my GTX 680.....Trust me its worth it.:ohlawd:

ridge

Daps
It depends on how these systems are leveraged. From what I've been able to follow, specs have been set in stone for Microsoft's next console for a long time. The PS4 is documented to having at one point in time, 2GB, then to 4GB, then to 8GB as it shown today. Obviously, that ram is great, but is it all going to be usable in a good way? The PS4, from this reveal to the changing of the specs appears very reactionary to me.

From all extents and purposes, the PS4 looks to be a great console but with Microsoft appearing to have a clear roadmap for the next Xbox, I'm thinking that it might prove to be a better system overall. Only time will tell though.

For all intents and purposes

Sorry pet peeve

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Problem is that most of us were thinking 4 GB of GDDR5 in the PS4. I'm pretty sure NO ONE, including MS, saw them pulling out the heater with 8 GB of GDDR5. That's fukkin insane.

There's no way MS is gonna switch GDDR3 out to 5 and still launch this year. That's a substantial change that you just can't gloss over.

Sidenote:

KZ4 is a launch title.

https://twitter.com/CVG_News/status/304413398127505408

:smugdraper::smugdraper::smugdraper:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
breh, that card alone is over 1000!!!! Ain't nobody got.........money for that :pachaha:
a GTX 680 is only like $500 i know cause i priced them when i bought my GTX 670. i just decided that why spend $500 on something that will be outdated in a year when i can spend $320 and take another look in a year and a half and get i guess a 780.

Slaimon Jr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

as opposed to what a evil way???

you can never have too much ram b... never.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Well, that was weird. We got a console reveal without Sony actually revealing the console. It's left a lot of people confused, maybe even concerned, so given the chance we had to ask: where was the PS4?

"Why do you care?", jokes Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony's Worldwide Studios.

Pressed as to what we should be reading into when we get a console reveal without the reveal of the console itself, Yoshida tells Kotaku "It was almost the other way around. When we planned for this event, obviously we discussed what we should show and talk about."

"As far as the DualShock 4 is concerned we wanted to do the live demo. And we were like, yeah, we have to show the controller, because it's awkward not to show the controller when someone is doing a demo. And also the feature that the DualShock 4 has, the share button, is a very key idea behind the design of the PS4... We really wanted to explain what we've done with the DualShock 4, but as far as the system itself we have to keep something new for later. Otherwise you'd get bored."

Why Didn't We See The Actual PlayStation 4 Tonight? Sony's Boss Explains.