Playstation Portal Official Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Couldn't even give us an OLED screen like switch :stopitslime:

The new nintendo won’t have an OLED either :yeshrug:

I feel like people aren’t being honest with how practical this is as an actual accessory. For example, how many people here with handhelds use them outside of their homes? Switch, Asus Rog, Steamdeck, etc?

When you do bring them somewhere how many situtations are you in where you desperately want to do some handheld gaming but have no access to a WiFi connection? On a camping trip? At the beach?

This thing is functionally set up to do the same thing you already do with your other handhelds, sit on your couch or lay in your bed and play your video games on a smaller screen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony doing what sony does best :manny:

07gEOH4qNHC8S7ZKSqMyCMG-1..v1669827243.jpg

G4il.gif

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The new nintendo won’t have an OLED either :yeshrug:

I feel like people aren’t being honest with how practical this is as an actual accessory. For example, how many people here with handhelds use them outside of their homes? Switch, Asus Rog, Steamdeck, etc?

When you do bring them somewhere how many situtations are you in where you desperately want to do some handheld gaming but have no access to a WiFi connection? On a camping trip? At the beach?

This thing is functionally set up to do the same thing you already do with your other handhelds, sit on your couch or lay in your bed and play your video games on a smaller screen.
Where did you get this info from?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Where did you get this info from?

While details on Nintendo’s next-gen hardware are scant, it will reportedly be playable as a portable device, just like the Switch, and will support cartridge-based games. The system will reportedly feature an LCD screen, not an OLED screen, which aligns with reporting from Bloomberg that Sharp is manufacturing LCD screens for a “new gaming console.”

The latest report on what is colloquially known as “Switch 2” is in line with Nikkei Asia’s reporting from May, which said that a new Nintendo console is in the works and could be ready next year. VGC editor-in-chief Andy Robinson said in a video discussion supplementing his story that he expects “the floodgates are going to open” as more studios get their hands on Nintendo’s next-gen dev kits.

The reason Nintendo can do OLED on the Switch is because their profit margins are insane on it.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Makes sense for people with families who don't have access to the TV 24/7. I spend a decent amount of time gaming while sat at my computer or occasionally in bed, while the kids are watching Spidey on the TV or my wife is on Netflix.

Otherwise, can't see the point.
Yea, but we’re in America. We got 4 bedrooms, a bonus room, and a full basement. tVs everywhere. Xbox and ps5 on every tv.

Make America Gamers Again :umad:

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
I said from the beginning this was a trash product. :unimpressed:

This is going to flop HARD. No bluetooth, nothing localized; what a fukking joke.

All they needed was something that was PS4 compatible, considering almost everything is still cross-gen. And to me, indies are the biggest factor in a handheld.

A streaming only device WITHOUT cloud gaming is so out of touch and idiotic that it's impressive. This is instantly DOA. A complete waste of resources.
Super hater over here