Playstation Portal Official Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Basically. Funny too, that the original poster of that tweet, he's been an avid fan of the portal since its inception. And while it's rather ironic he would be the one to essentially get a lemon, he's still been very pro Sony and pro Portal regardless and has just been updating his channel of the progress and process of the return of the unit and is anxiously anticipating getting his fixed, as he loves the Portal.

Of course, ole Mad Stan won't post nothing about that aspect tho. Such a tired ass shtick. :francis:

They are looking in couch cushions for W’s at this point.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Basically. Funny too, that the original poster of that tweet, he's been an avid fan of the portal since its inception. And while it's rather ironic he would be the one to essentially get a lemon, he's still been very pro Sony and pro Portal regardless and has just been updating his channel of the progress and process of the return of the unit and is anxiously anticipating getting his fixed, as he loves the Portal.

Of course, ole Mad Stan won't post nothing about that aspect tho. Such a tired ass shtick. :francis:

We just deciding on the date to give him his WOAT 2023 banner.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Screwed in (not soldered) analog stick modules makes replacements easier in case of stick drift out of warranty.
Screen removal required to access battery though iFixit gives it a huge win for repairability despite the extra steps required to access it.
USB-C and 3.5mm jack combo is modular (not soldered) but requires further disassembly for replacement including removal of battery.
Haptics motors are soldered to mainboard and requires complete disassembly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Haters are lame as hell. This thing is fire.:banderas:

Was in bed playing some Final Fantasy and this thing was so smooth and lag free. The screen is beautiful too. If they ever add streaming functionality it's over.:whew:

Let them hate themselves into spend 3x’s the amount to do the same thing on another device or have a far lesser experience on a backbone lol

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
its crazy cause while waiting for this to be back in stock i just had some great sessions playing fortnite on the backbone. listening to music and podcasts simultaneously via bluetooth and switching between multiple streaming services.... :banderas:

i might have to wait for some updates on this one.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Might be selling this …. I got the fastest internet on Verizon previously I had the basic plan. This is the only device in my house I’ve been having connectivity issues with on both internet plans . When this shyt works it works great when it don’t it’s fukking terrible…… this joint made me run through spider man but it’s not consistent

Might have to give this up unfortunately

I don’t get the connection issues ….. my router right next to this shyt shyt

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Might be selling this …. I got the fastest internet on Verizon previously I had the basic plan. This is the only device in my house I’ve been having connectivity issues with on both internet plans . When this shyt works it works great when it don’t it’s fukking terrible…… this joint made me run through spider man but it’s not consistent

Make sure your ps5 and portal are set up on a separate 5Ghz channel on your router. Make sure no other device is on the same channel.

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps

Is your ps5 hardwired in or are you wi fi as well on the ps5?

You want your ps5 to be a wired connection to get the best results.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Make sure your ps5 and portal are set up on a separate 5Ghz channel on your router. Make sure no other device is on the same channel.
lol I have know idea on how to do that …… don’t even know what you’re talking about lol