Playstation Portal Official Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah, Always opt for a wired ethernet than WiFi for gaming.
Yeah, I don't know any reason why anyone that games online in any capacity does not have their system hardwired. Like, there's no excuse for it. Your router not in the same room as the system? Well then move your damn router. It's not difficult to do and they do not take up any space at all.

Wherever your router is, if you're an online gamer and it's not next to your system, then your router is simply in the wrong place. None of your other online devices, aside from the modem, will need to be in close proximity to your router more than your gaming system. I don't really buy anyone's excuses as to why it isn't otherwise.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I don't know any reason why anyone that games online in any capacity does not have their system hardwired. Like, there's no excuse for it. Your router not in the same room as the system? Well then move your damn router. It's not difficult to do and they do not take up any space at all.

Wherever your router is, if you're an online gamer and it's not next to your system, then your router is simply in the wrong place. None of your other online devices, aside from the modem, will need to be in close proximity to your router more than your gaming system. I don't really buy anyone's excuses as to why it isn't otherwise.

Exactly. This is what puzzled me.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

I don’t really play multi player games and my apartment is not that massive for my connection to have any problems that’s why I always had my p5 on WiFi …… never ever had WiFi issues

Don’t know what excuses you are referring to champ

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Nah, Always opt for a wired ethernet than WiFi for gaming.
You right but I recently switched my wifi settings from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz and that shyt is crazy

I downloaded Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut in like 20 minutes :damn:

I would implore everyone here that has a capable router to make that switch

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
What puzzled you? I have never had any issues gaming on my WiFi network besides this portal. But I will hardwire the p5 when I get a chance and hopefully that will work
It should work. Also, watch the video above this post and change you WiFi settings to 5ghz. This might work as well and if it does won't require you to hardwire in.

But wired connection is always the best. Reason why your portal is struggling is because it's currently going through two wi-fi connections one for ps5 and one for Portal so it's not able to maximize your download and upload speeds.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
It should work. Also, watch the video above this post and change you WiFi settings to 5ghz. This might work as well and if it does won't require you to hardwire in.

But wired connection is always the best. Reason why your portal is struggling is because it's currently going through two wi-fi connections one for ps5 and one for Portal so it's not able to maximize your download and upload speeds.
Think I might hardwire tho

I will also check that video out …. Thanks for the advice …. Appreciate it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, pretty much all this.

I've been playing on the portal near daily since launch 3 weeks ago. When at home, its been virtually flawless. The latency is about as minimum as Remotely :sas1: possible and it pretty much never glitches or has any snags. Playing over mobile Hotspot is a mixed bag, dependent upon the area I'm at. When it's all good, I'll get a couple of hitches and snags here and there, but is very playable. But when it's bad, it's beyond terrible. In my experience, even then tho, it was better than other remote play attempts I've tried on other devices and similar scenarios.

It's really surprising tho, considering that I'm on Verizon unlimited and in a seemingly live city, but there's plenty of sketch ass reception areas out here. When they're solid, my mobile speeds are between 300-600+ down, 10-20 up, which the downs are immensely faster than my in home network. Yet, I could walk in a circle in some spots and the reception is deader than a muhfukka, getting like 1 Meg down.

Sony does need to get the wifi authentication patch in sooner than later tho. Once that happens, I'll have no issues playing anywhere in my work building.

Last edited:

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
Yeah, pretty much all this.

I've been playing on the portal near daily since launch 3 weeks ago. When at home, its been virtually flawless. The latency is about as minimum as Remotely :sas1: possible and it pretty much never glitches or has any snags. Playing over mobile Hotspot is a mixed bag, dependent upon the area I'm at. When it's all good, I'll get a couple of hitches and snags here and there, but is very playable. But when it's bad, it's beyond terrible. In my experience, even then tho, it was better than other remote play attempts I've tried on other devices and similar scenarios.

It's really surprising tho, considering that I'm on Verizon unlimited and in a seemingly live city, but there's plenty of sketch ass reception areas out here. When they're solid, my mobile speeds are between 300-600+ down, 10-20 up, which thru downs are immensely faster than my in home network. Yet, I could walk in a circle in some spots and the reception is deader than a muhfukka, getting like 1 Meg down.

Sony does need to get the wifi authentication patch in sooner than later tho. Once that happens, I'll have no issues playing anywhere in my work building.
I pretty much play only on the portal now. Something about sitting down and playing gives me gamer fatigue fairly quickly. Being able to lay down and play all my ps5 games has been a game changer for me. I can go hours now before fatigue kicks. I only play the portal at home and it's pretty much flawless. I think the game has hitched a total of one or two times total since I got this thing on release day and I had one issue where my portal disconnected from network but that has happened only once.

Only time I play my ps5 on TV is when I play a Madden franchise game otherwise it's Portal all Day.

I am expecting my portal to break down within a year or so though sadly because the build feels identical to ps5 controller and all my ps5 controller break down, Usually within a year. Just have to make sure if it breaks it breaks within 12 months so Sony will cover the fix or replacement.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
People are going hard on breh having his ps5 connected to wifi, but I also have my ps5 connected to wifi and I'm not having any issues with the portal. I put them on separate channels and everything's been running smooth.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

Checked my settings and I’m on 5ghz and my portal still lag or won’t connect

And I can’t hard wire my shyt cuz my router is in the living room smh …. I forgot

Edit: I will just buy a long ass cord lol

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
People are going hard on breh having his ps5 connected to wifi, but I also have my ps5 connected to wifi and I'm not having any issues with the portal. I put them on separate channels and everything's been running smooth.
How do you put it on separate channels? I’m slow with this WiFi shyt

I’ve been using WiFi for my ps systems since the 3 and never have issue running games