Playstation Portal Official Thread

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
image0.jpg
Who is actually paying those prices….i hope these scalpers catch a major L. People need to do their research, you can wait for after the holidays for a wifi streaming device

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Consumers are progressively getting sadder. Who spends $400+ on one of these things when a $100 backbone and a smartphone people already own can provide a similar experience? I could maybe see if you couldn’t accomplish remote play any other way but since it’s possible nah.

My man your observations are late as fukk all the time. This is a much better experience.

Daps
Have you actually done this? Its a far lesser experience. Your phone screens resolution is half the size and letterboxed, the backbone controller is flimsy as hell, (worse than the joy-cons), and you have to sacrifice your phone and its battery to do it.

Most people that have actually used remote play understand the benefits of having a dedicated device with a big nice looking screen and a comfortable controller attached to it.
Honestly upgrading to the latest iPhone is what in part made me bush my original backbone as it wouldn't have worked due anyway to the new USB-C connection. I have no use for my backbone now, and I knew I wasn't going to buy another backbone just for remote play for a number of reasons even if the experience was serviceable. My situation is probably unique, and this device certainly won't be for everyone, but I haven't regretted my decision at all.

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tell me this me this…

Why the fukk is there airplane mode for this. WTF is the use case for that

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The handheld market is like Blockbuster video looking at the coming of Netflix. Parents don't need to buy their kids dedicated handheld gaming devices anymore when cellphones and tablets they already own can handle that.

With that in mind who does this appeal to? Core gamers are cool with consoles.
never forget @winb83 pre switch launch. Coli analysts yall.

130 MILLION plus units later and not a peep.