Playstation Portal Official Thread

Daps
My initial impressions coming from someone who has had pretty good remote play experiences is that this will be totally worth it for my use case .

My PS5 is hardwired, and I've done the phone/backbone combination, mac/ps5 combination and the steamdeck in the past. Can't speak for anyone else's situation, but for whatever the portal is (or isn't) doing behind the scenes, the portal has created the smoothest wireless gameplay and least amount of artifacting of any of those other setups in my experience.

Even using the Steamdeck for remote play yesterday before my portal arrived and comparing it to portal performance today I've had a noticeable improvement in gameplay particularly with games like SM2, Ratchet and Clank, etc despite using the exact same set up. I won't even pretend to be tech savvy enough to explain how this all works, but I can easily see this ending up as my best remote play experience so far.
Edit: And it's over with if I ever get this set up at work :russ:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My initial impressions coming from someone who has had pretty good remote play experiences is that this will be totally worth it for my use case .

My PS5 is hardwired, and I've done the phone/backbone combination, mac/ps5 combination and the steamdeck in the past. Can't speak for anyone else's situation, but for whatever the portal is (or isn't) doing behind the scenes, the portal has created the smoothest wireless gameplay and least amount of artifacting of any of those other setups in my experience.

Even using the Steamdeck for remote play yesterday before my portal arrived and comparing it to portal performance today I've had a noticeable improvement in gameplay particularly with games like SM2, Ratchet and Clank, etc despite using the exact same set up. I won't even pretend to be tech savvy enough to explain how this all works, but I can easily see this ending up as my best remote play experience so far.
Edit: And it's over with if I ever get this set up at work :russ:
You see it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Real world testing from a breh. Including mobile Hotspot and out of network wifi.

And at the end of the day no other handheld (unless using remote play) is going to get you ps5 games in this fidelity with this performance.

Everything you play natively will be highly compromised in one way or another.