Playstation Portal Official Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I wonder how many people are buying this not realizing how it really works.
I imagine a lot of people are going to think it’s the PS5 equivalent to the Switch and/or they’ll think that if someone is watching Netflix on the tv via the ps5 they’ll be able to use this to play games from the same ps5 at the same time.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I imagine a lot of people are going to think it’s the PS5 equivalent to the Switch and/or they’ll think that if someone is watching Netflix on the tv via the ps5 they’ll be able to use this to play games from the same ps5 at the same time.
Hopefully people are doing their research

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Nishino: Games running on PS5 require "a certain amount of screen and a full set of controllers." We believe that providing this product to devices that cannot meet this quality would be deceiving customers.

Honestly, it's easy to check off the features. However, we would like to proceed while carefully considering whether this is a good idea and whether we can truly provide gameplay without any problems.

In terms of Portal, remote play and the cloud are only different in terms of where the server is, and there are no technical problems. We will start with remote play and proceed with verification.

We have been taking cloud gaming very seriously ever since we acquired Gaikai (in 2012).

It is important not to feel like a cloud. If the transfer is waiting and expires, customers will never believe in cloud gaming again. I don't want people to say, "I couldn't use cloud gaming."

The important point is not to just try it once and say it's OK, but to think about what you can do to have them continue to play with it, how you can help them understand how to use it without disconnecting from the network, and so on.

Looks like Sony will consider Cloud gaming for this, hopefully they do add it. Would be a great way to make premium service actually worth something

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

alot of kids will be opening up their christmas gift and be like :to: