PlayStation Closing PS3, PSP, and Vita stores By the Summer

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Be one of the most prestigious gaming company in history and say a comment like this brehs

I mean I do get his point one of the criticisms I’ve seen countless times about game pass was that most of the games were old and there were very few new interesting games.

And let’s be real how many of us are going back and really playing PS2/PSP games?

I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and Mass Effect when I had game pass and was shocked at how dated the graphics looked and honestly had trouble playing them cuz the graphics were that bad, and those games were from the 360/PS3 era, so one could imagine how a PS2 game looks.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean I do get his point one of the criticisms I’ve seen countless times about game pass was that most of the games were old and there were very few new interesting games.

And let’s be real how many of us are going back and really playing PS2/PSP games?

I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and Mass Effect when I had game pass and was shocked at how dated the graphics looked and honestly had trouble playing them cuz the graphics were that bad, and those games were from the 360/PS3 era, so one could imagine how a PS2 game looks.

In this case he was talking about old car games, which are derivative downgrades from the next. Like old sports games, over time the mechanics get better, the graphics get better, the sound, etc. There’s not a lot of actual huge changes in gameplay other than the basic mechanics just being improved upon over time. There’s nothing particularly better about an older car sim other than using different cars not included in the new ones, same with sports games but the cars handle so poorly anyway it doesn’t even matter.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In this case he was talking about old car games, which are derivative downgrades from the next. Like old sports games, over time the mechanics get better, the graphics get better, the sound, etc. There’s not a lot of actual huge changes in gameplay other than the basic mechanics just being improved upon over time. There’s nothing particularly better about an older car sim other than using different cars not included in the new ones, same with sports games but the cars handle so poorly anyway it doesn’t even matter.
gizmo :duck: at it again. if anything, as we've seen with sports games over the past few years the mechanics gotten worse.

go peep the NBA2k21 thread, what a shytshow:mjlol:

I just platinumed Sly Cooper 1 over the past 2 days on my ps3. which was an HD port of a PS2 game. playin Sly 2 now.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if apple took off 60's, 70's, and 80's music/movies with inferior mixing/sound quality/resolution/cgi/etc there'd be an uproar, but for some reason we value older games like garbage.

why does black n white Casablanca get to be revered n brought into the new century but we should stop asking for Metal Gear Solid 1?

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
gizmo :ducktales: at it again. if anything, as we've seen with sports games over the past few years the mechanics gotten worse.

I just platinumed Sly Cooper 1 over the past 2 days on my ps3. which was an HD port of a PS2 game. playin Sly 2 now.:yeshrug:
Did you play them when they first came out? If so that might be why the graphics don’t bother you.

I never played either one and hopped in thinking the graphics would be remastered and was solely disappointed.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did you play them when they first came out? If so that might be why the graphics don’t bother you.

I never played either one and hopped in thinking the graphics would be remastered and was solely disappointed.
I missed Sly 2/3 when they first dropped.

missed Resistance 3 n already ordered it off amazon to finish he trilogy(10 year old game).

I Love Lucy can get reruns on tv with its black n white basic bullshyt but god forbid I wanna make another run at San Andreas

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
gizmo :duck: at it again. if anything, as we've seen with sports games over the past few years the mechanics gotten worse.

But I’m not talking about all games, I’m talking specifically about gran turismo and sports games. Let’s be honest theres a reason why a year after their release 2k and fifa are in the bargain bin for like 5 dollars.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Some people like to play older sports games due to rosters. People still like the play wrestling games from the early 2000s cause they have wrestlers not in the newer games.

I would still play MVP Baseball 2005 if was able to... that is the GOAT baseball game ever to me :wow:
I still play ncaa basketball for ps2 cause ps3 version is complete ass

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
if apple took off 60's, 70's, and 80's music/movies with inferior mixing/sound quality/resolution/cgi/etc there'd be an uproar, but for some reason we value older games like garbage.

why does black n white Casablanca get to be revered n brought into the new century but we should stop asking for Metal Gear Solid 1?
Video games are still not accepted as art to the older gen

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But I’m not talking about all games, I’m talking specifically about gran turismo and sports games. Let’s be honest theres a reason why a year after their release 2k and fifa are in the bargain bin for like 5 dollars.
Gran Turismo aint wow'd me since 4 on the ps2 in 2004:unimpressed:
71WjEv2Po8L._SX522_.jpg

Video games are still not accepted as art to the older gen
ya we treat this shyt like McDonalds happy meals. damn shame:martin:

Mario 3 been selling rereleases for over 3 decades now tho. if that aint proof old gems got the juice I dunno what is:russ:
shyt last year I got Nintendo Switch online n me n my girl ran thru Mario world(plus the star world bonus levels) n donkey Kong country 1

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gran Turismo aint wow'd me since 4 on the ps2 in 2004:unimpressed:
71WjEv2Po8L._SX522_.jpg

ya we treat this shyt like McDonalds happy meals. damn shame:martin:

Mario 3 been selling rereleases for over 3 decades now tho. if that aint proof old gems got the juice I dunno what is:russ:
shyt last year I got Nintendo Switch online n me n my girl ran thru Mario world(plus the star world bonus levels) n donkey Kong country 1

Load up gran turismo 4 (last one i bought) and be disappointed

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's a shame it comes to this. For now the games you purchased are supposed to still be available to download but who really knows how long that last? It was disgusting when Nintendo did it and it's disgusting that Sony is doing it. Whole generations of games will suddenly become incredibly rare.

Hell now they're selling digital only consoles. One day they'll flip a switch on something you bought from them and you'll be left unable to acquire any new games on it.