Playstation 5 Pro is a Powerhouse

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Smh at yall believing these specs :francis: . Then the same CPU shyt dead on arrival
What’s actually being reported isn’t that significant.

A 40% increase in gpu is literally just a couple frames per second.

Dudes running with the sony special sauce again talmbout PSSR :mjlol:

In reality the pro will just clean up some of the image quality shortcomings of the OG PS5

FF16 will run at 1080p in performance mode instead of 720p

Elden ring will lock at 60fps instead of jumping around between 45 and 60

Significant upgrades if you care about that kinda stuff, but nowhere near the “powerhouse” shyt dudes are selling themselves :smh:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
This place is still so entrenched in this console war bs that this is either amazing or nothing lol.

If this comes out and we're getting stable 60+ fps with good fidelity on the graphics on every game then it will be worth it to those who seek that out in consoles. Otherwise everyone would pay up for a PC.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This place is still so entrenched in this console war bs that this is either amazing or nothing lol.

If this comes out and we're getting stable 60+ fps with good fidelity on the graphics on every game then it will be worth it to those who seek that out in consoles. Otherwise everyone would pay up for a PC.

As of now with this price range set for consoles 500 to 600. You are never getting 60FPS stable legit. It is what it is. PC is the best foot forward and I am surprised the Coli seem to be last in adopting.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's not nothing but if you bought a PS5/VR/PS portal/ and planning on buying a pro you legit should have just copped a PC, quest and a Rog and called it a day at this point.

This is by far the most expensive run of hardware PlayStation has ever released, and that's not including the headsets and ear buds.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

If the other platform isn’t doing it, it’s the worst idea in the world to these nikkas lol

Basically it guarantees a consistent and hi res performance/60fps mode which is what most of us want and should expect from a mid-gen upgrade. Its not a an entirely new console, it will improve the games we already have and will come out in the near future.

If you’re a console gamer, it’s a no brainer. Most of us are just gonna trade in our original ps5 and pay the difference of like 150 dollars

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
As of now with this price range set for consoles 500 to 600. You are never getting 60FPS stable legit. It is what it is. PC is the best foot forward and I am surprised the Coli seem to be last in adopting.
Most people who play consoles aren't worried about this or they're playing Online Shooters/Sports games that already hit 4K/60 FPS.

The Pro consoles are for the enthusiasts which we'll find out if they all moved to PC like you say when this releases.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
It's not nothing but if you bought a PS5/VR/PS portal/ and planning on buying a pro you legit should have just copped a PC, quest and a Rog and called it a day at this point.

This is by far the most expensive run of hardware PlayStation has ever released, and that's not including the headsets and ear buds.
My guy if someone bought all that they're just a Sony stan :dead:

I bought a PS5 at launch and a got a Series X free at launch. Sold the Series X a few months back. I used to have a rig but I didn't play it as much as my consoles at the time due to the job I had. So I mostly play console now.

If I can boot up Elden ring and get 60 fps with my VRR TV it'll be worth it for the difference when I trade in my PS5 :yeshrug:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This is the best take. PS1, PS2, PS3, and even Xbox 360 got smaller and cheaper throughout their generations. The business model is to make money on the sale of software while selling the hardware at a loss. The PS5 Pro isn't going to be profitable, so which do you think will sell more units, a PS5 Pro or a $299 PS5? Also we are only 2 years away from the PS6.
2 years... You pulled that out your ass

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My guy if someone bought all that they're just a Sony stan :dead:

I bought a PS5 at launch and a got a Series X free at launch. Sold the Series X a few months back. I used to have a rig but I didn't play it as much as my consoles at the time due to the job I had. So I mostly play console now.

If I can boot up Elden ring and get 60 fps with my VRR TV it'll be worth it for the difference when I trade in my PS5 :yeshrug:

Yep, right now i got a series x, switch, and ps5. I will probably trade in my switch and og and get this, and my series x when switch 2 drops

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Most people who play consoles aren't worried about this or they're playing Online Shooters/Sports games that already hit 4K/60 FPS.

The Pro consoles are for the enthusiasts which we'll find out if they all moved to PC like you say when this releases.
Being an “enthusiast” and also being excited about the rumored PS5Pro specs doesn’t compute.

Maybe “sony enthusiasts” are down. The rest of us it’s kinda :yeshrug: