Planet Fitness, What's Your Thoughts, Good or Bad for The Fitness Industry

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s great for the industry and here’s why. Planet Fitness services a large segment of the population who otherwise would be VERY uncomfortable going to a public gym, like my mom for instance. And it doesn’t really discriminate against anyone as much as it discourages another segment of the population who, in reality, don’t need them anyway and will just gym somewhere else anyway. Plus they’re everywhere (at least where I live) so if you got the $20 membership you can pretty much workout anytime you’re traveling.

ibanqz

Rookie
Daps
honestly its cool if you know what you doing. you will feel like you that nikka since most planet fitness dudes got skinny crossfit bodies. but if you strictly there to look at eye candy find another gym.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Good shyt....Nothing like getting it in at a empty gym with no time restrictions, makes you want to go harder:wow:
so true @ the highlighted though, they know the demographic doesn't necessarily have the highest standards and are the main ones too :manny: cause of the price pt and not coming off like a hassle.....only way shyt changes if you come at managements neck.......
Just got an email saying the PG Mall location closing May 30th until July 5th for renovations.

Complaints + people transferring made them close up shop for a month.

Cats gonna have to go to another location anyways now lol.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Just got an email saying the PG Mall location closing May 30th until July 5th for renovations.

I got it too.... Thats whats up sounds like there gonna make major changes to the infrastructure to take a month off......with the mall upgrading and the area changing they probably see a easy opportunity to grow

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I got a membership.

Like everyone else said it serves its purpose.

Nothing fancy and with kettle bells and 360 workout you can get cut up.

Based on where I live it was the closest location for a workout, 24/7 access and price.

I prefer a local rec center but they ain't got shyt near me :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

Probably for the best. That mall has been on life support for 10+ years

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
I go with the wifey sometimes. I’m outta shape, but can still push heavy weight and their dumbbells max out at 75 lbs :dry:. If you’re like me and like thicker chicks, there’s eye candy almost every time you go there. Wifey always talks about how the hydro massage is worth the membership.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
After rereading my first post i noticed I never answered OP's question directly So here goes.

As a tool to get more people into the gym I think it's great for the industry. It gives a novice and environment to explore without judgment. It gives women a place to go without being as itimidated by other in shape women.

Now that that's out the way. I still think it's set up to ultimately create an environment for a novice to stay novice.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Bit the bullet and got the black card membership. I wish they had real benches though that’s my only complaint.

The hydro and chair massages tho..good god :lawd:

Daps
I got a black card membership. I work out of state and do alot of back to back doubles, so the membership pays for itself with saved money on gas and tolls when I need to hit up a shower. There's one right down the street from where I work.

As far as working out, aside from the lack of deadlift option, this place really gets waaaaay too much hate as a workout option. They have enough to get a good effective workout in. I'm not gonna be doing 75lb db curls anytime soon anyway, so them not having more than that was never a factor for me. I go to a private gym for my main workouts, but during the week when I cant get there and want to hit they gym, PF serves its purpose. I rarely even hear that lunk alarm, and half the time when it rings its just the workers clowning around with each other. I've heard it rung when people arent even lifting.

The main thing I wish they had was an area for skipping rope.